Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Change log for the new update http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/207620-changelog-stable-048124737/
    Now to find a good place to hide my tent full of loot!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Here's just a short video of some craic that happened in Gorka while we were running back to the Northwest Airfield.

Enjoy!

I'm currently working on an epic squad play video that takes place up around the Northwest Airfield. We kill some guys & then get ambushed & chased by some streamers(Ngotie & Break71). Will hopefully be out early next week. :)

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Squaredude wrote: »
    Change log for the new update http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/207620-changelog-stable-048124737/
    Now to find a good place to hide my tent full of loot!

Not this sh!te again :pac: I could never find a good place to hid my tents. Id come back to them after and everything would be gone and id never know if id been robbed or if they bugged out. And then other times they randomly duplicated stuff. Hopefully the standalone ones will be implemented better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Id love to know how they plan on making dayz playable with a PS4 controller without dumbing it down a lot. There just isn't enough buttons, and playing any sort of shooter with a controller is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

MadYaker wrote: »
    Id love to know how they plan on making dayz playable with a PS4 controller without dumbing it down a lot. There just isn't enough buttons, and playing any sort of shooter with a controller is horrible.

L1 + O , L1+R1 etc I'd assume

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »

I'd say by the time the game is released for it, even the pc version will be more streamlined & simple to use. Maybe they will use the touch pad too? Will be interesting to see though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

DayZ's very own creator said this game was "fundamentally flawed" and that it's not something he is going to pursue. LOL....even the creator of this game said it was broken. The game is out a year and now they're saying that the engine is FOOOOOOOOOOKED and that it'll need changing....FFS.

An absolute disaster. This heap of steaming cowshiiiiit was a mess from day one. Have fun playing this in Alpha over the next 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Dayum wrote: »
    DayZ's very own creator said this game was "fundamentally flawed" and that it's not something he is going to pursue. LOL....even the creator of this game said it was broken. The game is out a year and now they're saying that the engine is FOOOOOOOOOOKED and that it'll need changing....FFS.

An absolute disaster. This heap of steaming cowshiiiiit was a mess from day one. Have fun playing this in Alpha over the next 10 years.

Okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

46711743.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

ok well why don't you come back to the game in ten years time and you will probably have an awesome game, you paid 20 euro for it, you knew it was Alpha and now your complaining? I have sunk about 100 hours in, i paid 23 euro, you could say that i have gotten great mileage from the game and im still not bored. i have paid .23 cent for each hour of gameplay so far to own this game and that number is only going to drop.

I find it exceptional value for money if im honest and love the game

• Advertisement

Just pushed past 700 hours in the game myself. Love the game. It has its issues but its only getting better with each update.And the fact that the developers listen to the community and make changes based on feedback from the comminity makes it even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

ive 14 hours on dayz 4 of those were today and another time I left it on over night.. mad game really i was running around there picked up about 12 magazines found 4 pistols but no mags for the pistols and no guns for the bigger mags met a fella from america and then it disconnected and met a german guy and he tried to kill me. still haven't died and its getting a bit dark out for random zombie noises

even though its in alpha its still great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Ive been watching some vids of this on youtube and it looks like a good bit of craic. is it worth getting the standalone or the mod right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Don't buy the standalone. Play the mod for the time being.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Don't buy the standalone. Play the mod for the time being.

cool. arma 2 combined arms is currently €9.99 on steam but says "For the best experience (including high detail textures for all models used in the DayZ Mod) purchase Arma II: Complete Collection." but the link to the complete collection doesn't exist. Are there any other changes besides the high detail textures?

EDIT: Ok, I found the link through the steam webpage (not showing for some reason in the steam app). €14.99 for complete collection. Might go with it seeing as I get all the core Arma 2 stuff as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

ARMA2: OA is worth playing online in itself. The Day Z mod has various sub-mods that are far more advanced than the standalone. Day Z Epoch, for example, has vehicles, loot spawns, base building, tents etc etc. No doubt the standalone will be very good when released, but it's crawling along at such a snails pace it's not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

If your computer can run it I'd say get Arma 3 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

The mod is free and has more features such as vehicles/base building, especially Epoch/Overpoch and Orgins. The downside is that you already need Arma 2 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead to get the mod working. So either option will cost you money in some capacity unless you already have Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA.

I have Arma 3 and it runs fairly ok (about 35-45fps) on my ageing system (core 2 quad 3.4ghz and 4gb ram with an R9 280)

I just bought the complete collection, downloading now. I guess it was one one of the submods I seen on youtube as the guys were building bases and had vehicles. Any recommendations for a good server to play on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Squaredude wrote: »
    Just pushed past 700 hours in the game myself. Love the game. It has its issues but its only getting better with each update.And the fact that the developers listen to the community and make changes based on feedback from the comminity makes it even better.
    ive 14 hours on dayz 4 of those were today and another time I left it on over night.. mad game really i was running around there picked up about 12 magazines found 4 pistols but no mags for the pistols and no guns for the bigger mags met a fella from america and then it disconnected and met a german guy and he tried to kill me. still haven't died and its getting a bit dark out for random zombie noises

even though its in alpha its still great fun

This seems to be the default fallback argument....i.e - "well, I have 200 hours racked up and I'm enjoying it".

This neither addresses the argument or helps anyone else. Some people get more satisfaction out of a chocolate biscuit than others. Imagine if that chocolate biscuit fell on the ground and someone picked it up, wiped all the dog crap off it and ate it in front of you....then proclaimed, "yeah, well I'm enjoying it"? It has no bearing on you and your experience.

It's an alpha - that much is understood and accepted. What isn't acceptable is the array of problems and issues that are only beginning to rear their ugly heads such as the engine. Rocket has admitted that the engine will have to be changed and that it's just simply not good enough - that much was clear from the start and yet it took them a year to discover this despite the fact that they were a year late in releasing the alpha already. Surely someone, somewhere would have noticed the limitations early on?

If you've to believe the stats thrown around, they've made upwards of 50 million quid on a bloody broken alpha and where, dear I ask, is that money?! Pocketed. Rocket is feckin off and he believes DayZ is broken himself.

It's a joke. I know most of you have some soft spot in your heart for this game but we can't allow it to blind our true stance on the game..you and I both know that this will never be at the stage we all thought it would be at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Laviski

if you want easy to gear up and deathmatch style then yes the mod would be for you. as with all the different variation of the mod they generally have a high volume of vehicles and lots of high grade weapons for everyone.

the SA version is more slow paced, no vehicles, buggy, you can have a hard time to find a decent weapon then a harder time getting the mags and ammo you need for it. But the map is more detailed and immersive, probably too many enter-able buildings now. Combat has more value than the mod in the sense of when you die you will have a tough time to gear back up again.

its tough but fun.

This seems to be the default fallback argument....i.e - "well, I have 200 hours racked up and I'm enjoying it".

This neither addresses the argument or helps anyone else. Some people get more satisfaction out of a chocolate biscuit than others. Imagine if that chocolate biscuit fell on the ground and someone picked it up, wiped all the dog crap off it and ate it in front of you....then proclaimed, "yeah, well I'm enjoying it"? It has no bearing on you and your experience.

It's an alpha - that much is understood and accepted. What isn't acceptable is the array of problems and issues that are only beginning to rear their ugly heads such as the engine. Rocket has admitted that the engine will have to be changed and that it's just simply not good enough - that much was clear from the start and yet it took them a year to discover this despite the fact that they were a year late in releasing the alpha already. Surely someone, somewhere would have noticed the limitations early on?

If you've to believe the stats thrown around, they've made upwards of 50 million quid on a bloody broken alpha and where, dear I ask, is that money?! Pocketed. Rocket is feckin off and he believes DayZ is broken himself.

It's a joke. I know most of you have some soft spot in your heart for this game but we can't allow it to blind our true stance on the game..you and I both know that this will never be at the stage we all thought it would be at.

........i'm not going to even bother with this one. Can someone else do it please?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Got the lotto numbers for the weekend too?

Pocketed the 50 million? They bought a whole new studio and hired a tonne of new staff. They weren't expecting to make this much money from the SA and thus had to limit what they could do with the game. But since they've made so much from it they can now do more than they ever thought they could, like rebuilding the engine. As for Rocket leaving, he's not doing so until the game is in a stable condition and he is happy that the game no longer needs his input to move forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I died for the first time there. Had 9-10 30 round mags, drum mag for akm, but I accidentally threw my akm away and spent ages looking for it.. eventually i gave up, eat spaghetti in a tent and then got killed by someone who didn't even shout at me first. wahoooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Flush button anyone?

Untitled_2.png

More hardcore squad play, hopefully ya's enjoy this one. Took another fecking week to make :P Won't give away too much but we get ambushed & chased by two streamers Break71 & Ngotie. Things go from bad to worse. Enjoy!

Reddit link for those that fancy giving me a hand on there:
    http://redd.it/2e7jrr

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

ktulu123 wrote: »
    More hardcore squad play, hopefully ya's enjoy this one. Took another fecking week to make :P Won't give away too much but we get ambushed & chased by two streamers Break71 & Ngotie. Things go from bad to worse. Enjoy!

Reddit link for those that fancy giving me a hand on there:
    http://redd.it/2e7jrr

Cheers!

There better be an outtakes video soon...my double handcuffing of you in one day was epic :)))))

****!! I did plan to put once of them in at the end. I have a bunch of footage to edit so i'll see what's there :P you ****EBAG! haha

For guys information, we were setting up to record the cinematic & this ballbag handcuffs me & has no keys :( So I get stuck there not able to do anything. When a zombie starts attacking me, one of the lads shoots me in the face "by accident" :P

The next day I finally got all the scenes for the cinematic & he does it again haha :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Anyone getting on tonight?

Advertisement