Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DayZ Standalone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,124 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Beta version, expected price €34.99 / $43.99.

I presume that if someone has already bought the Alpha version of 'Dayz' that their game simply gets updated to Beta, when that code is available yes?

They're not saying that we have to fork out again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Tony EH wrote: »
    I presume that if someone has already bought the Alpha version of 'Dayz' that their game simply gets updated to Beta, when that code is available yes?

Nope you don't have to fork out again, once you bought DayZ in Alpha you will keep geting updates for the game.

The reason for the lower price in Alpha is that the subsidised cost of buying the game while it is in an alpha state (therfore an incentive for supporting the development of the game). If when the game moves from Alpha to Beta it will go up for any new buyers and then again when it moves from Beta to Full Release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Base building and animal companions? Sounds great, but I'd rather then just polish and release with the current content in early 2015 and put out these features in 2016 as part of an expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Lol, fork out for the Beta and for the full release again :pac:

I can see DayZ being abandoned tbh...H1Z1 might take most of the player base.

Whats changed in a year? Not much.

Zombies still useless mess.
    No Vechs...be awhile before we see them in stable.
    Nothing implemented to curb KOS.
    Plenty of duping/vanishing item bugs
    Random death bugs

But sure we have cows now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Cravez wrote: »
    I think people assume that because there is a working copy of a game available to play (albeit not polished), that it somehow must be near completion.

This is a very valid point. You can get the bones of a game up and running fairly rapidly, but turning it into a final product can take an age.

Game engines these days have most of the run-of-the-mill stuff covered, not to mention if you're in game development you'll have set a lot of the basics up a hundred times before. Generally, the more novel or interesting a feature sounds, the more time it's going to take to get it working and polished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Taylor365 wrote: »

Random death bugs

A list of changes made since June: http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/2ndcny/for_everyone_that_think_dayz_sa_made_very_little/
    Also judging by how well experimental is currently running I'd guess we'll be seeing vehicles in stable within the next 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Random death bugs

Vehicles just hit exp so its not unlikely that they'll be hitting stable soon.

NOTHING needs to be implemented to curb KoS. Stop being so **** at the game and you'll stop getting killed innit bruv.

Random death bugs are less of an issue of randomness and more of underlying issues with the RV engine and some poor coding on the backend. For example theres a rudimentary system in place that accumulates damage on each part of the body in game, (Arms, legs, torso) If your arms hit this threshold, regardless of health or severity of the hit, you'll break an arm. However when this happens the torso for some reason you just die. Thats what happens most of the times you randomly get one shotted by a zed or player. All in all its just a minor bug in the grand scheme of things,a bug that you were told to expect when buying the game

Granted there are issues with walls and ladders and stairs causing damage and stuff. But thats the beauty of the RV engine.

People are making out like the game is showing some telltale signs that it will flounder and collapse. Its one of the biggest followed games I can recall. It has a massive fanbase and despite what many people are claiming. Zombie games arent just a fad that everyone is growing tired of. Most of the people I know and see have hit 300+ hours in the game and people with a much higher time clocked have the audacity to claim the game wasn't worth their 25 euro. Its a joke joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Vehicles just hit exp so its not unlikely that they'll be hitting stable soon.

NOTHING needs to be implemented to curb KoS. Stop being so **** at the game and you'll stop getting killed innit bruv.

Random death bugs are less of an issue of randomness and more of underlying issues with the RV engine and some poor coding on the backend. For example theres a rudimentary system in place that accumulates damage on each part of the body in game, (Arms, legs, torso) If your arms hit this threshold, regardless of health or severity of the hit, you'll break an arm. However when this happens the torso for some reason you just die. Thats what happens most of the times you randomly get one shotted by a zed or player. All in all its just a minor bug in the grand scheme of things,a bug that you were told to expect when buying the game

Granted there are issues with walls and ladders and stairs causing damage and stuff. But thats the beauty of the RV engine.

People are making out like the game is showing some telltale signs that it will flounder and collapse. Its one of the biggest followed games I can recall. It has a massive fanbase and despite what many people are claiming. Zombie games arent just a fad that everyone is growing tired of. Most of the people I know and see have hit 300+ hours in the game and people with a much higher time clocked have the audacity to claim the game wasn't worth their 25 euro. Its a joke joe.

I would consider it a complete waist of €25 for me. I was a HUGE fanboy of the mod, played the **** out of it and clocked well over 300+ hours playing it but for god sake what they have done (or more so not done) with this game is the joke.

The "Alpha warning" only carreys you so fare and they have past the point where getting killed by a ladder!!!! should have well have been a thing of the past. "O hay guys look how good the map looks" "no wait dont look from up there you will die trying to walk up the stairs or climb the ladder to see"

This lack of effort in this title has done one thing in my eyes, cemented any thoughts of buying a game from this developers ever again. I have uninstalled it and if i could i would remove it from my steam library.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I dip in and out of SA the odd time to check on the changes mostly. Other than that im still playing the mod 99% of the time. SA is obviously not ready but i do have faith Bohemia will get it right in the end. Just may take longer than even they thought. Bohemia in my eyes are a great dev,they open there game up to the community to mod and sadly thats a thing that happens all too little these days imo. And imo there pricing is fair. I truly feel they are one of the better developers out there today.

Early access is still in its infancy,so there are mistakes being made. If bohemia had of known how things would go im sure they would have held the alpha back longer and did some more work on it but they didnt and personally i believe they will learn that lesson.

Also i agree with Timmyctc,nothing wrong wit KoS. The fact you can be shot at any second is what adds massive amounts of tension to the game imo. Im not suggesting always kill on sight but judge each situation on its merits,if person is a danger and you dont want to talk they have to go,end of story.

I find it hilarious that axe wielding fresh spawns think its ok to run around the place like headless chickens shouting friendly friendly and expect not to get shot. Guy ran into a building i was in the other day shouting friendly friendly at me over direct when i was actually hiding from/stalking a group of two heavily armed guys. Of course i shot him but at that point the two guys proceeded to find my building from the direct chat/shooting and put me under siege and eventually killed me. What was funny was the fresh spawn took to side chat to berate me for shooting a fresh spawn and calling me a dickhead for KoS.

Point being that if your in my way your getting shot,and id expect for me to get the same treatment from other players. If your getting KoS'd all the time your doing it wrong imo though!! If you stay stealthy you should not just be getting randomly shot!

That got out of hand...../rant:)

Timmyctc wrote: »
    You mean start killing everyone on site too :rolleyes:

Game is just a prolonged version of COD....
    EoinHef wrote: »
    Also i agree with Timmyctc,nothing wrong wit KoS. The fact you can be shot at any second is what adds massive amounts of tension to the game imo. Im not suggesting always kill on sight but judge each situation on its merits,if person is a danger and you dont want to talk they have to go,end of story.
    Yea, even when you running around Cherno with nothing but a torchlight and a sniper is shooting you. Great tension.

• Advertisement

You mean start killing everyone on site too :rolleyes:

Game is just a prolonged version of COD....

Yea, even when you running around Cherno with nothing but a torchlight and a sniper is shooting you. Great tension.

Why in the name of god would you venture into cherno with only a flashlight? My point exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

You can hide a working gun with ammo in a pair of jeans, everyone is a threat.

Fresh spawns in big cities are scouts if nothing else.

The key to not getting shot, is not getting seen.

Guy ran into a building i was in the other day shouting friendly friendly at me over direct when i was actually hiding from/stalking a group of two heavily armed guys. Of course i shot him but at that point the two guys proceeded to find my building from the direct chat/shooting and put me under siege and eventually killed me. What was funny was the fresh spawn took to side chat to berate me for shooting a fresh spawn and calling me a dickhead for KoS

You were a dickhead.

You could have told him to shut up, or simply got out of the area. But, no you shoot him and definitely give away your presence to the guys you're stalking.

Genius.

Why in the name of god would you venture into cherno with only a flashlight? My point exactly
    Yea, i should just server hop at loot points to gear up like most people you're totally right...

You were a dickhead.

You could have told him to shut up, or simply got out of the area. But, no you shoot him and definitely give away your presence to the guys you're stalking.

Genius.

The game is about survival,he was endangering my survival so he got shot and im the dickhead,if you want a game where you have to talk to someone for half an hour before you shoot them id suggest finding a different game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,529 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Decided to jump on for the first time in months.

Get to the main menu and I can see I've still got my stuff, and it's gone again in game. :(

The game is about survival,he was endangering my survival so he got shot and im the dickhead,if you want a game where you have to talk to someone for half an hour before you shoot them id suggest finding a different game.

You were "stalking" some "heavily armed guys".

That's not "survival".

Plus, there's more chance of "survival" if you hadn't shot the guy. Regardless of his declarion of friendly, you blasting your weapon most certainly gave your "stalking" away.

But, I think you probably would have shot him in any case.

You were "stalking" some "heavily armed guys".

That's not "survival".

Plus, there's more chance of "survival" if you hadn't shot the guy. Regardless of his declarion of friendly, you blasting your weapon most certainly gave your "stalking" away.

But, I think you probably would have shot him in any case.

What do you do when your geared up? I tend to float around and see what people are up to which i call stalking,funnily enough those two guys gave themselves away with direct chat as well. Maybe you would have went up and said hi when you heard them over direct?

They had supplies i needed and i was hoping to catch them on there way out of the city so i could take that gear,whats wrong with that? I didnt shoot them in the city as its harder to loot bodies in the city with all the fresh spawns running around shouting friendly friendly,then slyly pulling a weapon or having a go with a axe.

Guy on direct was a risk,i shot him. Anyone who see that as a problem should cry me a river tbh. Thats the game,get over it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Laviski

Promising changes in the right direction

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F216238-changelog-stable-051125720%2F
    New Items:
    V3S

Ghillie Suite (Hood, Bushrag, Top)

Ghillie Weapon Wrap

Jerry can

Military Tent

Human Flesh

Netting

Steyr Aug

MP133 with pistol grip

Burlap strips

New Mechanics:
    Vehicles

Vehicles refueling

Prion Disease

New crafting recipes

Updated heat transfer

Watering plants

Fixed:
    Abuse of vomiting to gain energy

Mending balaclavas

Splitting and combining netting

Splitting and combining burlap strips

Ammo box dragging on magazines

Combining and splitting worms

Breaking out of restraints fixes

Uncuffing using keys

Picking up mp133 from the ground

Rangefinder mechanics

Items are no longer pristine only

Skinning should now give pelts properly

V3S going uphill

V3S physics simulation

V3S damage to characters

V3S collisions

V3S fueling mechanic

Memory Leaks

And a lot more!

Known Issues:
    Item locked in hands slot

Items can't be picked up sometimes

Left earpiece sound volume is lowered sometimes

Ghillie will probably react badly on chemlight, flare and other light sources

Some items will freeze in midair when you throw them multiple times in a row

Some items will visually duplicate themselves if used from the ground

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So they've finally added vehicles...about bloody time.

• Advertisement

No mention of stopping people seeing and shooting through walls, or nothing to mention duping be fixed.

Eugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Is gear spawning a bit more?( Last time I played was about 6 months ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Kunkka wrote: »
    Is gear spawning a bit more?( Last time I played was about 6 months ago)

They've added more loot spawns and they've also added loot persistance (so loot randomly generates over time). However the loot persistance is a little buggy and servers where it is active (some disable it) there can be tons of loot piling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Logging on alone a bit over the last week. Had a great experience. Some guy kills a relatively newspawn, takes out his knife and starts cutting. I can see all of this through my Mosin scope from on top of one of the apartments in Bereznio. To this point ive really only been shooting zombies, no fun in killing newspawns. But this cannibal dosnt seem to think the same as me. So I put a round in his face.

I notice movement and it appears the cannibal has a friend. So I move locations. Im using a Mosin so I dont want to get into close quarters stuff. Ive a fireaxe but so does he and its risky. Ive got a large blue backpack that I dont want to risk either. I decide to switch to the top of another apartment block.

Ten minutes of waiting goes by and boom, im outflanked. YOU ARE DEAD.

So I respawn with crossed fingers ... come on berezino ... and yes Im back at Revy. I boot it hell for leather and there is my body. Everything is gone except my fireaxe. I hear gunshots down towards down. I sprint and see someone running into a piano building. I follow and who is it only cannibal 2 with my Moisin and backpack. So I whack him, a few hits to the legs. Hes crawling around Im screaming "DONT TOUCH MY BACKPACK" whack whack hes dead. Then cannibal one makes an appearance, losely kitted out with some of the gear he had before. I decide not to take him on, he tries a shot which is a mistake. I make it out the door and into the hills. With my Moisin back I cansee him going one on one with a zombie in the street. I shoot and miss. I scare him off. Not wishing to push my luck I move out of town. Set up camp, eat and rest over a fire. Live to fight another day.

FFEB06ADC01B4A1AAFC94DD1BB910F78-0000366627-0003702361-00800L-F9C2C53821DF4692BDDA9C30B4BFB81E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

my favourite moment in dayz ever was in the original mod. I was in the top of the fire station tower after picking up some boots or something, and some guy runs up and shoots me. he cripples me, legs gone and starts dancing around me singing over voice comms like a guy who just won the lottery. he didn't seem to realize I still had the use of my arms, so I took out my axe and hacked him to death from below. then I sang a bit myself over voice comms.

Myself and a few buddies logged on the other night, only to be shot through walls by some douchebag, deleted the game after that, waiting till stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,190 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Did you uninstall it? Haha! First there was rage quitting, now theres rage uninstalling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I still get great fun from this game 250 + hours in. Only yesterday did my fully geared player die of nothing, but to be honest, the best part is gearing up in cities and beating other noobs up with a cattle prod if the become a threat

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    Did you uninstall it? Haha! First there was rage quitting, now theres rage uninstalling!

Haha I have bogband, and ultimately I know I would've played it again after a new update so best thing to do is delete it.

It's a complete broken mess, I understand its alpha but it's nearly more ****ed than when it was when it launched, so much more polished games and mods out there its a waste of time playing a broken one!

I'll definitely reacquire it at some stage, maybe when BattleEye get their **** together!

Advertisement