Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Kaylami I have to 'sell' the soother to Maeve every day. She always initially rejects it but has to be mollycoddled into taking it each time. However, it's worth it especially since I gave up breastfeeding so can't soothe her with the boob anymore. I found the Tommee Teepee one too bulbuous, the Avent one is a bit slimmer (and v.cute pictures on them!)

You can also order gripe water on UK websites & get delivered to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Thanks ladies I think I'm fighting a losing battle.

Swaddled her put it in, spits it out, put it back in , scream uncontrollably untill I take it away and give her the breast.
    Repeat 50 times.

Falls asleep with soother delighted ! Toddler sees soother and WANTS takes from Evie.

Crying commences. Repeat 50 times.

Give soother to toddler and let me be used as soother. Peace restored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

Oh kaylami, the bit about the toddler taking the soother made me laugh, but in empathy! Anytime I get Heather to sleep (using me as soother) and am just about to put her into the cot, my toddler insists "I HELP" at the top of her voice, and either pulls the baby's leg or pokes her in the eye!

I found a great website called troublesome tots and found the sleeping advice great. I've been swaddling and using white noise (radio on static) for last 2 days and it's working really well most of the time. She took a 4hr nap this afternoon, I didn't know what to do with myself, I was on the verge of waking her up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Oh the white noise is great. When I Hoover never a peep so somedays just leave it on while I have lunch. Neighbours must think I'm a clean freak!!

Kaylami sounds like you're going through the wars this week. Hope it sorts itself out soon.

I'm free of babies tonight. My best friend the lunatic that she is insisted on taking both boys tonight. I never loved her a much. Shared a lovely bottle of red with my Mam. Had a really nice chat/bitching session and off to bed now. 8 hours sleep here I come :-))))))

I'll check that out that website emerb.

Llambert that was great of her! I'm so jealous.

She's great at night sleeps from 11 to 7 most nights it's during the day she's a witch. Just wants to be held. I know I can't really complain I just can't get anything done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

Some amazing sleeping there Kaylami!

does anyone know the story with the vaccinations? Some things I have seen say 8 weeks, others say two months - which could be quite a difference. Is earlier better than later? Do I go to the GP for them or is it some special place? Sorry for all the questions but my PHN is useless and has confused the heck out of me when I try to ask her.

My gp said 2 months to be honest it doesn't reAlly matter if its 8 weeks though

My oh just had a phone call from the mil. His sister is getting married in a few weeks. blah blah talking rubbish then she comes out with there be no where to feed the child so she may have a bottle.

I said no its grand I can feed her I've a dress you just pull down and a blanket to cover ill sit in a corner - generally be discreet.

No the sil doesn't want that will you bring a bottle for her.

The last time we visited I sat and fed for 40mins while she yapped away and she only only copped I was feeding when I handed Evie to oh to wind!

I'll kill her so help me god I really will.

Oh my god I can't believe they asked you to bring a bottle, I would be absolutely livid!! I've never experienced any negative comments about breastfeeding but god help anyone who does!
    What will you do kaylami? Have to head out to the car to feed? I would just do it as discretely as possible to prove a point, that it's the most normal thing in the world.

I'm torn emerb! Part of my is thinking make a big song and dance of feeding her or just go out to the car.

I know my sil didn't say that as she's very supportive of bf but the mil she never bf hers as it makes babies "too clingy" and once you let them sleep in the bed they never leave!

Just as a side note out of her 5 children only my oh has moved out and he is the youngest.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

That's terrible kaylami... I'm sure on the day your MIL will be so distracted on the day of the wedding that she won't notice how you choose to feed your baby! The cheek of her though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

fiona-f wrote: »
    Some amazing sleeping there Kaylami!

does anyone know the story with the vaccinations? Some things I have seen say 8 weeks, others say two months - which could be quite a difference. Is earlier better than later? Do I go to the GP for them or is it some special place? Sorry for all the questions but my PHN is useless and has confused the heck out of me when I try to ask her.

Just to say I booked our little guy in for his second vaccination just a couple of days shy of two months and when we got to GP they saw he was a few days under and made us reschedule! Something about getting money back off Rotunda or something so they wouldn't give it to him even when we offered to pay for it to save the hassle of coming back!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Greetings from noahs hospital cot. Brought him to a and e at 2 am this morning. Crazy crying most of day tender tummy generally out of sorts :-(

He was admitted..

They say we have been feeding him too much.. He has gained too much weight too fast.. etc etc

So I now have to feed him no more than 5 oz. Every four hours. He's not happy about it. They also reckon he might be lactose intolerant. And his bum is really sore cuz his poo has been so runny

So basically my phn and gp are useless. Both told us big baby feed him up. My gp actually laughed when she said he gained 2 pounds

I feel terrible

Had the CORRECT advice been given my poor baby would not be in hospital in agony :-(

However. Thankfully it's nothing overly serious

Hope everyone is good xx

Static that is just awful. So sorry to hear. Poor little Noah. I'd be raging too. PHNs are obsessed with weight gain when it's too little (from my experience with them), pity they weren't more observant about too much weight gain also. Hope he's home again soon.

Static you poor thing and poor wee Noah I hope he feels better soon.

I honestly didn't know you could feed them too much I always just gave them what they wanted.

Thinking of you both and sending big hugs your way x

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

What a nightmare staticdoor, emerb is right, those phns are obsessive about their weighing scales and good at making us mommies obsessive about baby's weight gain too, how are things now?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Things are ok

His doc is a douche bag Tho. Don't like him and debating a 2nd opinion

He did really well yest on the 5oz every 4 hrs. Then after his midnight feed last night he seemed in agony and they gave him calpol and the doc on call said to give him 1 ml of zantac (I think that's the name) and omg it worked he slept till next bottle 4.5 hrs and straight back to sleep. Same with next bottle

Then the doc came to do rounds and ate the nurse for letting them give it to him. Came in and said it's a feeding issue not an acid issue and left.

He has never even examined him. Just said he's too fat needs less feeds.

So I dunno.
    He seems good today so far. Due next feel around half 2. He's panned since last bottle.

Part of me says don't rock the boat and see what the dietician says. Since he has done so well today. Maybe the reduction in formula IS working.

Anyways. Hubby coming in around 5 to stay with him tonight cuz daughter is acting up and he had to sleep on floor beside cot last night. If it's not one it's the other huh!!!!!

Static glad there is an improvement go with your gut if you think the Zantac helped don't be afraid to speak up.

Some doctors obviously missed their classes on bed side manner.....

So sorry to hear your news Static. I had never heard of overfeeding a baby so young either, I genuinely thought it wasn't possible. I really hope all goes well with his treatment and that you are home soon.

Static hope Noah is on the mend soon. Like everyone else I thought young babies regulated how much feed they wanted themselves.

Kaylami how annoying is your mil. I thought the docs didn't want Evie on a bottle. As for her daughter with the wedding, what does she think you'll be doing. Sitting in the middle of her wedding with your boobs out???? Would she expect any other kid to go out to the car to be fed!! I'm shocked by her attitude.

• Advertisement

She can't have a bottle untill we have her appointment the 21st this month they are going to snip her toungue tie and then hopwfully we can try the bottle. Mil knows this. I have tried to syringe feed her expressed milk before it was messy and took nearly 90 mins to give her 2oz. I'm so lucky she has taken to the bf.

Yep I'm going to get my boobs out in the middle of the vows ha ha ha ha.....

I've 2 snotty babies this morning, their first dose of man flu :-(

I was afraid to mention it earlier incase I jinxed myself but the boys have been sleeping right through the last week. They go down around half 10 till half 5 or 6. Hopefully this is the start of good sleeping habits!!!

That's great llambert, I bet a few weeks ago you never thought you'd see the day!
    I'm getting 5 or 6 hours from my lady which is great.
    Saline nose spray might come in handy now for the boys, I find it good to shift some of the mucus when they're really clogged up. If only they could blow their nose!
    My toddler had the vomiting bug over the wknd. Thought she was better Sunday night but she relapsed and decorated everything and everyone with vomit on Sunday night. Had her home with me yesterday and today. Thankfully had some help yesterday or wouldn't have got through the day. Respect to the mammies who do it everyday with no childcare for backup!

We spent the day in tallaght hospital. Heading up the m50 this morning some nut job rammed the car twice from behind and then pushed us about 30 feet while the car was sideways. We ended up hitting the crash barrier on the hard shoulder.

I'm in hysterics cos Evie & the toddler were in the car. They have been given the all clear but the driver was clearly a nutjob I can't stop thinking about the "what ifs"

Oh my God Kaylami wtf???

How awful for you. What a horrible frightening experience. That God you and the girls are ok.

Please tell me that the guards caught that lunatic??

I'm sure you're nerves are gone.

Jesus what a day, must have been terrifying. Your head will be spinning for ages. I had a crash on my own years ago, can't imagine having the girls with me, horrendous.
    Hope you can wind down tonight and get some sleep. Any idea what was going on with the other driver?

Oh my gosh K, that is dreadful. You must be in shock and thank god for no injuries. That seems unimaginable. What on earth would possess someone to behave so dangerously. Glad you arr all ok.

Thanks ladies. It was the most terrifying thing I have ever experienced he was so calm while doing it and then just drove off.

No the guards haven't caught him. I'm just so relieved we all walked away from it with just bumps and bruises.

I can't stop crying I'm trying to sort out insurance and all that. The girls are fine didn't phase them one bit. Thank Christ the 5 year old was at school.

I'm going to give them all an extra big cuddle before bed that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Jesus Kaylami that must have been so scary, that driver needs locking up...lots of cuddles with your girls well deserved for sure!

• Advertisement

Hope you got some sleep last night Kaylami x x

Advertisement