Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 19 - Penn, Edgar + Pendred & Fields! **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Gumbi wrote: »
    I thought so too but that person has a beard, and although Pendred has a beard now, apparently he didn't have one then, so it might not be him.

If you skip to 0:17 in the BJ Penn video, is that Cathal sans beard knocking down his red opponent?

But then, if you skip to 0:19 in the same video, is that not Pendred with a beard (in the green octagon)?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,042 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

One of the other contestants looks a bit like Cathal, different tattoo, possibly bigger weight class

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Looks very much like Pendred to me that gets knocked out, hopefully not! No one has picked up on this yet either but the very next action shot shows Fields taking a heavy shot and appears to heading to the ground before it cuts away. This is definitely Fields (tattoo proves it).

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Yea looks like Pendred getting KO'd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Almost sure that's Pendred getting KO'd. He has blue shorts, same as Chris Fields taking a big right hand later. AFAIK, they were both on team Penn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭rckfld

hmmm I hope those preview are not too accurate, definetly shows both guys getting dropped heavily but look that isn't the point right now. Lets get behind the lads!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 deise69

Untitled_zps3f319403.png

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

He's hardly gonna say yea it is.

But hope it's not him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Am I the only person who spotted Nordine Taleb in both videos?? As in the same Nordine Taleb who is currently in TUF Nations 'Canada v Australia'??

If it's not him then it's his twin. He appears in red shorts in birth videos fighting a bearded guy with long hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

John_D80 wrote: »
    Am I the only person who spotted Nordine Taleb in both videos?? As in the same Nordine Taleb who is currently in TUF Nations 'Canada v Australia'??

If it's not him then it's his twin. He appears in red shorts in birth videos fighting a bearded guy with long hair.

Yea i noticed it to and yea it is Nordine Taleb, he is on the cast list

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/03/the-ultimate-fighter-19-cast-announced-with-pendred-good-lima-taleb/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭chrisbag1986

the TUF spoilers always make you think this and then something else happens.

Dont find it fair that Taleb gets another shot at a TUF, IMO competing against a weak MMA nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The two lads were on Game On on 2FM last night. The UK UFC twitter account tweeted the link. Listening now.
    http://www.rte.ie/2fm/game-on/?utm_campaign=TUF19&utm_source=15559

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

The Ultimate Fighter 19: Schedule and Details

chriscathaltuf19.jpg

The Ultimate Fighter 19 kicks off with a special two-hour premiere on BT Sport 1 on Wednesday, 16th April at 3AM GMT.

16 middleweights and 16 light heavyweights compete to become the next Ultimate Fighter.

In the 19th edition of the series, 16 middleweight (185 lbs.) and 16 light heavyweight (205 lbs.) fighters will square off.

The premiere episode will determine the eight men from each division who will successfully move into The Ultimate Fighter house and compete for a Harley-Davidson motorcycle and a six-figure contract with the UFC.

The successful fighters will be divided into two teams, coached by Edgar and Penn respectively. The series will follow the teams as they live and train together in preparation for their fights. Then, both coaches will settle their score once and for all at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas on Sunday, July 6, in the main event of The Ultimate Fighter 19 Finale.

31 of the 32 competitors have been announced. The 32nd is expected to be announced during the season premiere.

The competitors are:

Corey Anderson (3-0), 24, Lincoln, Ill.
    Cathal Pendred (13-2), 26, Dublin, Ireland
    Kelly Anundson (6-1), 29, Deerfield Beach, Fla.
    John Poppie (3-1), 24, Ettrick, Wis.
    Anton Berzin (3-1), 24, Philadelphia, Pa.
    Doug Sparks (7-2), 31, Bloomington, Ind.
    Josh Clark (7-2), 29, Richmond, Ky.
    Daniel Spohn (8-3), 29, Columbus, Ohio
    Chris Fields (8-4), 30, Dublin, Ireland
    Joshua Stansbury (4-2), 29, East Liverpool, Ohio
    Matthew Gabel (8-3), 28, Le Mars, Iowa
    Ian Stephens (4-0), 25, Ringgold, Ga.
    Lyman Good (15-3), 28, New York, N.Y.
    Adam Stroup (5-1), 27, Denver, Colo.
    Eddie Gordon (6-1), 29, Uniondale, N.Y.
    Nordine Taleb (8-2), 32, Montreal, Canada
    Jacob Heun (6-3), 26, Coconut Creek, Fla.
    Hector Urbina (16-8), 26, Coconut Creek, Fla.
    Mike King (5-0), 30, Naples, Fla.
    Matt Van Buren (6-2), 27, Chula Vista, Calif.
    Tyler King (7-1), 33, North Attleboro, Mass.
    Bojan Velickovic (8-2), 33, Delray Beach, Fla.
    Dhiego Lima (8-1), 33, Sugar Hill, Ga.
    Daniel Vizcaya (7-2), 28, Aurora, Ill.
    Adrian Miles (14-5), 30, Biloxi, Miss.
    Patrick Walsh (4-1), 25, Stoughton, Mass.
    Tyler Minton (5-1), 26, Johnson City, Tenn.
    Tim Williams (8-1), 27, Millville, N.J.
    Todd Monaghan (8-2), 31, Clinton, Iowa
    Roger Zapata (5-1), 27, New York, N.Y.
    Cody Mumma (5-1), 30, Henderson, Colo.

From SevereMMA

• Registered Users Posts: 39 JojoD51

Just out of curiosity which coach would you all want

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

JojoD51 wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity which coach would you all want

Edgar all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

BJ's coaching was alright on the Penn v Pulver series IIRC?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So is this airing tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So is this airing tomorrow night?

Yup
    2 hour special in us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Yup
    2 hour special in us.

When is it on BT sports?

3.30am directly after UFC Fight Night Bisping vs Kennedy

Then it reairs Thursday at 10pm

• Advertisement

Cathal Pendred and Chris Fields: Our TUF Experience – Part 1

chriscathaltuf19.jpg

Ahead of the season premiere of The Ultimate Fighter 19, PETER CARROLL spoke to Irish hopefuls, former Cage Warriors world champions Cathal Pendred and Chris Fields about their decision to try out for the show, moving up a weight division and the benefits of having a team mate to share the experience with.

Two of Ireland’s premier mixed martial artists, Cathal Pendred and Chris Fields, will look to go one step further than their fellow countrymen – Joseph Duffy, Paul McVeigh and Paddy Holohan – as they attempt to make it into The Ultimate Fighter 19 house, with the pre-recorded series set to be beamed around the world on Thursday, April 17th.

Two former world champions, Pendred having given up his 170lbs Cage Warriors title to pursue the reality television platform, both he and Fields are no strangers to their names being linked to UFC contracts over the years and the Dublin duo explained why they felt the time was right to try-out for the show.

“The first series of TUF was on about the same time as I started to fight, I’ve watched it for a long time and I always have liked the show,” said former Cage Warriors middleweight champion, Fields. “Everything seemed to be popping off over here and Cathal was expected to be signed to the UFC after winning his last fight, so I figured it would be a good time for me to give it a go.”

Linked with moves to both UFC and WSOF after his last bout with UFC veteran Che Mills, Pendred outlined the thinking behind his try out.

“After the Che fight I thought a UFC contract might happen and when it didn’t I just couldn’t see another fight that would prove that I was ready for it. Since I’ve turned pro all I’ve been focused on is climbing the ranks and I really wanted to fight Paul Daley, but when he signed for BAMMA I knew that was off the table.

More over at Severe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wow, that was some KO, and in front of his ma too (unsure what smiley to put in)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 deise69

Could have been worse, I thought it was Cathal in the previews.

Hahaha, Cathal was the first fighter ever to get a bye into the house, all his opponents got injured (chickened out when they realised they were fighting Cathal)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Wow, Chris was lucky there, felt bad for his opponent blowing his knee like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Chris was getting owned in that fight, very fortunate to progress but he has a good chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

darced wrote: »

Isn't that the same for every season though? Only 4 or 5 real contendors, the rest lose early on and just spend 8 weeks getting hammered and acting like twats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

That Taleb lad fought on card tonight (Bisbing V Kennedy)

Advertisement