Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 19 - Penn, Edgar + Pendred & Fields! **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

ahhh too far away thought it was sooner
    balls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

is TUF Nations starting Jan 15, showing on BT Sports ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I had to get it by other means. Saw no mention of it on the BT schedules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

lertsnim wrote: »
    I had to get it by other means. Saw no mention of it on the BT schedules

But the BT package offers everything a UFC would want....dana said so...its the perfect deal.

Makes sure all of us in the UK can get coverage of 70% of the ufcs content plus gareth A(hole) davis fat face on our tv, plus some rugby guy and a token woman who bless her heart is trying to remember the fighters names. I dont see how we could want more!

adamski8 wrote: »
    But the BT package offers everything a UFC would want....dana said so...its the perfect deal.

Makes sure all of us in the UK can get coverage of 70% of the ufcs content plus gareth A(hole) davis fat face on our tv, plus some rugby guy and a token woman who bless her heart is trying to remember the fighters names. I dont see how we could want more!

Sure if Dana White told you it was raining you'd have to go out and check to be sure he's telling the truth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Sure if Dana White told you it was raining you'd have to go out and check to be sure he's telling the truth

Ah come on, he's bringing the UFC to Dublin this Paddy's Day.....isnt he??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

scudzilla wrote: »
    Ah come on, he's bringing the UFC to Dublin this Paddy's Day.....isnt he??

No, that was in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013

Just watched episode 2 and we're not missing much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Is it not gonna b on telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

You're watching The Ultimate Fighter: Nations, are you not? If so, that's not TUF 19, which is the subject of this thread.
    Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Is it not gonna b on telly?
    I'm fairly sure it'll be on BT/Setanta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

You're watching The Ultimate Fighter: Nations, are you not? If so, that's not TUF 19, which is the subject of this thread.

I'm fairly sure it'll be on BT/Setanta.

That what I was thinking cause we're usually only a day behind the u.s

TUF Nations has also been mentioned in this thread. Fairly obvious which series I referred to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

From McGregors interview on SevereMMA
    “It’s gonna be June or July, there’s no sense in rushing back, I’ve got to do this safely,” said McGregor taking a clever approach to his recovery. “There’s a card in Las Vegas around then that might have an Irish interest and I don’t think they’ll mind me fighting then even though the Dublin card is looking like it will be in September.”

The TUF 19 finale ??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    From McGregors interview on SevereMMA

The TUF 19 finale ??

Possibly, but that doesn't really say much as he could be saying either of the lads "might" be getting a fight on the finale card as most TUFers do!

That being said, I fancy Pendred to be in the final!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

It must be so hard not to tell everyone. Fingers crossed the two of them get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Lads, I know most people know at this stage, but please use spoiler tags until the show has aired.
    Made you look.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Any air date confirmed for this yet or is it around april? Wish this was on instead of tuf nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Spoiler Tags are for spoilers in the week after it has aired guys.

Don't be a D1ck and post results until after it has aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Airing March/April finale June/July. I was told but I've an awful memory.

Seems like finale fight and a potential Dublin September card was definitely an option; if any of the 16 guys from the season fancied doing something like that for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Xlami wrote: »
    Airing March/April finale June/July. I was told but I've an awful memory.

Seems like finale fight and a potential Dublin September card was definitely an option; if any of the 16 guys from the season fancied doing something like that for whatever reason.

Unless I'm mistaken the finale always airs immediately after the end of the series so if the series is on March/April, then the finale will be on days after the final episode and not in June/July.

What may make sense is that the coaches fight (Penn v Edgar) could be scheduled for a June/July PPV so that might fit in with what you were told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 tfmf

If tut 19 starts in March/April with one show a week then June/ July sounds bout right-

• Registered Users Posts: 39,042 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Unless I'm mistaken the finale always airs immediately after the end of the series so if the series is on March/April, then the finale will be on days after the final episode and not in June/July.
    I'm not sure how you are working that out.
    The series is usually about 13 episodes long. So if it starts it march/april, the finale episode will be in june/july. With the finale soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Mellor wrote: »
    I'm not sure how you are working that out.
    The series is usually about 13 episodes long. So if it starts it march/april, the finale episode will be in june/july. With the finale soon after.

Apologies to yourself and tmfr, you are both right of course. For some reason when I originally did my calculations it seemed that June/July were too far away from the proposed series start dates, but doing them again I can see they are perfectly reasonable.

Sorry again, chaps. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

With the TUF 19 finale being announced for July 6th, when do you reckon we'll get a damn air date? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

The season will start airing in mid April

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

SevereMMA wrote: »
    The season will start airing in mid April

Any word if it'll be broadcast on BT Sports or is it some online job like the current TUF?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Havent heard anything yet about BT

Some previews were released for each of the coaches. Pendred and Fields have been confirm to star as part of the season.

A tweet from Conor McGregor also
    says that they've made it into the house too. Is it just me or is that Pendred getting floored in the first few seconds of the Edgar preview above? Hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I thought so too but that person has a beard, and although Pendred has a beard now, apparently he didn't have one then, so it might not be him.

I dunno anyways we'll have to wait and see. He vacated his CW WW title a few weeks ago officially and said good news was on the horizon so either way there are good things coming for him in the future.

• Advertisement

Gumbi wrote: »
    I thought so too but that person has a beard, and although Pendred has a beard now, apparently he didn't have one then, so it might not be him.

I dunno anyways we'll have to wait and see. He vacated his CW WW title a few weeks ago officially and said good news was on the horizon so either way there are good things coming for him in the future.
    Check out @PendredMMA's Tweet: https://twitter.com/PendredMMA/status/372344131701338112
    BSrVA9iCcAAAO7V.jpg:large

That's him with Chael at the tryouts, beard in tact. Maybe it's another fighter though.

Advertisement