Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus is worst airline

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

gozunda wrote: »
    yes - tatters. Hence recent PR shake up.How do you come to the conclusion that those who have criticisms have not flown with RA - do you have some sort of insider information? At least CDG is a proper airport with integrated transport . From your obvious love of AL it is Amazing you would fly anyone but RA ;-)

I think he works for swineair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

cruais wrote: »
    I think he works for swineair!
    You and gozunda must work for Aer Lingus, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Billy86 wrote: »
    You and gozunda must work for Aer Lingus, so.

No im not a biased person, I just like aviation.

cruais wrote: »
    No im not a biased person, I just like aviation.
    Fair enough, just gozunda so! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Aer Lingus before Ryanair anytime.
    My only issue with them is that, unlike Ryaniar, when doing the online check in on return flight you have to do them separately. Minor thing to be honest.
    I see Aer Lingus are cancelling flights to Dublin this morning because of the weather. Ryanair seem to think it's fine and are landing flights in Dub.
    My flight was delayed four hours on Friday due to the weather. Got a text from AL warning that because of health and safety they couldn't get any food on the plane so there was no food at all, so they had some sandwiches for passengers in the airport. Doubt RA would do that...
    To be honest, have always received very good service from the aer lingus staff, my only issues have been on return legs with non- air lingus staff manning their desks and doing a poor job of it, with massive queues and confusion aplenty.
    Agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Barna77 wrote: »
    Aer Lingus before Ryanair anytime.
    My only issue with them is that, unlike Ryaniar, when doing the online check in on return flight you have to do them separately. Minor thing to be honest.

My flight was delayed four hours on Friday due to the weather. Got a text from AL warning that because of health and safety they couldn't get any food on the plane so there was no food at all, so they had some sandwiches for passengers in the airport. Doubt RA would do that...

Agreed.

Aer Lingus didnt do it out of the good of their hearts, they have to, if your flight is delayed more than 3 hours you have to be provided with snacks at the Airport, all airlines do it, rules and regulations

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Depends on what part of Ireland i'm going to.

If i'm visiting Cork, I'll usually Fly from:
    Eindhoven - Dublin with Ryanair
    Rent a car with pickup in Dublin and Drop off in Cork
    Then Fly Aer Lingus from Cork - Amsterdam
    Take the train from Amsterdam to Eindhoven (around 1hr 40 every 30 minutes)

Eindhoven Airport is only 15 minutes from my front door ...

On such a short flight I don't care what Airline it is.

The Good thing about Aer Lingus and Ryanair is that they don't completely rape you on one way flights. Try booking a one way flight with KLM/Alitalia/Air France, crazy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

billie1b wrote: »
    Aer Lingus didnt do it out of the good of their hearts, they have to, if your flight is delayed more than 3 hours you have to be provided with snacks at the Airport, all airlines do it, rules and regulations
    Didn't know. First time in that situation.

My faith in AL is all shattered now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Folks, it should go without saying that making allegations about the safety of an airline is not acceptable. That is, until Boards.ie Airlines starts up and you'll be obligated to badmouth every other airline. But until then, just don't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I've read your biased and clueless posts so far and to be frank they are embarrassing. As for worn tired planes, well Ryanair have a very young fleet of planes and I've never had a problem with worn seats. Keep making nonsense baseless comments anyway, I'm sure it's great fun for you. I really don't see what so difficult to understand. Price your trip with each airline servicing the route you need. Factor in extra costs and convenience and go with the option that best suits. Sometimes it will be Ryanair, sometimes not. It really isn't hard, although it does required some limited brainpower...

Who licked the cream off your bun then? How is it embarrassing or biased to you MOL or whoever to relate for example my personal experience of worn seats that were practically banjaxed? This is a direct personal observation. I reserve the right reject your view on reality and replace with my own direct experience. And why would it be "fun" to relate such details. Maybe you would elaborate on this point. The safety and comfort of my rear end is very important in my opinion - I don't like piles ;-(

I am aware of what has been said about RA. Thank you for your observations but I can only presume you have a direct interest. Regarding libel, ignorance etc - maybe you should wind back on the insults included in your post for starters.

I wonder will AL take offence as being listed the "worst airline" in the Title of this Thread in the same vein?

• Advertisement

Call me crazy, but I think I see a bit of an agenda here... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

gozunda wrote: »
    Who licked the cream off your bun then? How is it embarrassing or biased to you MOL or whoever to relate for example my personal experience of worn seats that were practically banjaxed? This is a direct personal observation. I reserve the right reject your view on reality and replace with my own direct experience. And why would it be "fun" to relate such details. Maybe you would elaborate on this point.

I am quite aware of what has been said about RA. Thank you for your observations but I can only presume you have a direct interest. Regarding libel, ignorance etc - maybe you should wind back on the insults included in your post for starters.

I wonder will AL take offence as being listed the "worst airline" in the Title of this Thread in the same vein?

Ah, the last refuge of the person that's talking rubbish, wrongly insinuating that I am in fact a company employee. I work in healthcare and I'm a student. Couldn't really be further from the aviation industry unfortunately.

As for my "insults", I will 100% stand over my assertion that your allegation that Ryanair are in a "race to the bottom" with respect to safety standards demonstrates a real misunderstanding of the situation, and I am certain you cannot back it up.

To be honest, I don't particularly like Ryanair at all. I'd fly EI or a full service airline before them every day if I could. They do however provide a service which I use if it suits me to do so. I find it extremely tiresome to read people posting posts online that are made up of a high percentage of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

I fly on the regional flights from Shannon to Edinburgh a few times a year and have found the staff to be extremely pleasant. The guy at the desk even put my bag through when they had closed for that flight (think it's down to Shannon being so quiet though).

Ah, the last refuge of the person that's talking rubbish, wrongly insinuating that I am in fact a company employee.
    Don't worry, he's said that about several people in this thread who've questioned his rant.

...which sounds like EXACTLY what an Aer Lingus staff member would do!! :pac:

Ah, the last refuge of the person that's talking rubbish, wrongly insinuating that I am in fact a company employee. I work in healthcare and I'm a student. Couldn't really be further from the aviation industry unfortunately.

As for my "insults", I will 100% stand over my assertion that your allegation that Ryanair are in a "race to the bottom" with respect to safety standards demonstrates a real misunderstanding of the situation, and I am certain you cannot back it up.

To be honest, I don't particularly like Ryanair at all. I'd fly EI or a full service airline before them every day if I could. They do however provide a service which I use if it suits me to do so. I find it extremely tiresome to read people posting posts online that are made up of a high percentage of nonsense.

Ok get your facts correct. I said 'interest' - I couldn't care where you work or what you do or who with - that interest may be because of bias or otherwise - I don't particularly care - but it is a tad obvious.
    Also you misquote - I talked about safety and comfort - particularly of my rear end -that's important to me. ok? I have also read widely on other views including yours. I see the "rubbish" "nonsense" insults but thanks I will ignore that. And btw I do note that Ryanair have a 100% safety record.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Jaysus lads, they're airlines you don't own, so cut out the petty swipes at each other.

Advertisement