Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Is bet fair down???

Yes, the bag of ****e it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Odds on. The end is surely nigh

Fair play kelly. This still beggars the question though. Who backs a horse at 4/6 you could have backed at 15/8 a few hours before

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The drift was telling on MTOY.

VVM didn't even run well beating Identity Thief a length getting 7 pounds is terrible form for a Championship race. But she got the job done! Will be a much better horse next season over further and over fences.

Awful, awful, awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

If VVM wins, I'll close my account

Nice knowing yous

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Shemale wrote: »
    Awful, awful, awful
    Which bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭carman2011

basically henderson said the race was a complete after thought and he was extremely worried about the hard race and aintree and wasnt confident....hense he drift and the run i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Fair play kelly. This still beggars the question though. Who backs a horse at 4/6 you could have backed at 15/8 a few hours before

Bloody hell - it's called "a gamble", a successful one in this instance!

You got it wrong this time PC, it happens to all of us. No need to denigrate people who backed the winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Quite a lot of people evidently!

• Advertisement

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Bloody hell - it's called "a gamble", a successful one in this instance!

You got it wrong this time PC, it happens to all of us. No need to denigrate people who backed the winner!

I'm not putting anyone down, that was a genuine comment. She was a horrendous price though on form I stand by that

I'm not putting anyone down, that was a genuine comment. She was a horrendous price though on form I stand by that

Completely agree

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Completely agree

Ah here, have some balls man. Your comments were 'MTOY will destroy her' and 'she's not even the second best mare in training'...which you wouldn't answer who was when pressed.
    Have no problem with PC commenting on the prices based on known form...but your 'awful, awful, awful' post after being proved wrong was just childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,732 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Vroom Vroom Mag is a 2 mile plus chaser i cant be anything but impressed with yesterday.

It might not have been a great renewal but to win an Irish Champion hurdle when she is not really a 2 mile hurdler.

She will be a monster over fences next season she could be anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Add your reply here.
    I didn't back at 4/6 I got in at 11/8

That wasn't directed at you it was a general comment to those who were

That wasn't directed at you it was a general comment to those who were

No bother
    . Jers girl and on the fringe made for a nice treble. Is on the fringe eligible for a national??

Channel 423 on sky documentary on mick kinane on free view

Earendil wrote: »
    Ah here, have some balls man. Your comments were 'MTOY will destroy her' and 'she's not even the second best mare in training'...which you wouldn't answer who was when pressed.
    Have no problem with PC commenting on the prices based on known form...but your 'awful, awful, awful' post after being proved wrong was just childish.

What are you spouting on about?

I would still back MTOY every day of the week against her over 2 miles, he was absolutely legless in that race.

I didn't see your post, in her yard I would have Annie Power and Apples Jade ahead of her, Limini and Min are open to improvement too and that is without looking across the water.

Here are my earlier comments about her:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98757080&postcount=579

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99068534&postcount=89

I thought she was capable of much better than she showed in the Mares and this was my reasoning to take her on with a much classier animal at a bigger price, I had already backed him when some mentioned Nickys negative review.

Awful, awful, awful is my summary of my Punchestown, feel free to go find where I posted a winner because I can't think of one.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99559086&postcount=50

Hope this clarifies.

Shemale, are you Min? :pac:

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Shemale, are you Min? :pac:

My money is min after this shambolic effort!!

Have exams Thursday and Friday, throw in a 7 week old, 2 year old and work and the level of form reading is at an all time low!!

Time to "Sort It Out", looks like a gamble is on the way.

Earendil wrote: »

What are you spouting on about?

I would still back MTOY every day of the week against her over 2 miles, he was absolutely legless in that race.

I didn't see your post, in her yard I would have Annie Power and Apples Jade ahead of her, Limini and Min are open to improvement too and that is without looking across the water.

Here are my earlier comments about her:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98757080&postcount=579

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99068534&postcount=89

I thought she was capable of much better than she showed in the Mares and this was my reasoning to take her on with a much classier animal at a bigger price, I had already backed him when some mentioned Nickys negative review.

Awful, awful, awful is my summary of my Punchestown, feel free to go find where I posted a winner because I can't think of one.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99559086&postcount=50

Hope this clarifies.
    Add your reply here.

That post is all well and good but VVM is still the 2nd best mare around. Min is not a mare either.

akelly02 wrote: »

That post is all well and good but VVM is still the 2nd best mare around. Min is not a mare either.

Always had him pegged as a she!!

Which of Apples Jade or Annie Power would she beat?

Dessie and his ****ing head bobbers. The charity race is gunna be a head bobber even though the winner wins a length.

Johner wrote: »
    Dessie and his ****ing head bobbers. The charity race is gunna be a head bobber even though the winner wins a length.

You really hate that head bobber :eek:

I love when it's too close to call and he calls the winner yet if there is a length in it, it's a headbobber

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I love when it's too close to call and he calls the winner yet if there is a length in it, it's a headbobber

"Its a tremendous battle":pac:

My personal fav was when he just shouted HEAD BOBBER.

"Its a tremendous battle":pac:

Except he says "tre-menge-us battle"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Dessie is awful but he does have a sharp eye in a finish somehow!

• Advertisement

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Dessie is awful but he does have a sharp eye in a finish somehow!

It's unerring how he can call the really tight ones, normally his eyesight is so sharp he can see horses that haven't even travelled.

Advertisement