Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Spot the cert at Down Royal Friday

Has it a thread titled after it for a while put up by Aidan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Any update PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

No he was balotted out unfortunately. Couple of good looking bets at Galway next week draw dependant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭unitedrover

No he was balotted out unfortunately. Couple of good looking bets at Galway next week draw dependant

Looking forward to it.keep us posted PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Great i'm going for a couple of days and couldn't pick my nose with irish racing, i shall be following blindly..

• Advertisement

Jembatt gets in as a reserve tonight I've backed him for my biggest ever win. He would have gone very close that night at Cork if not being badly hampered and he has had some excuses since, the ground was far worse than described at Sligo last time and he was badly drawn and a similar story at Roscommon the time before. He was seriously aggressively campaigned for a horse that was returning from a lay off like many of the Mulvany's and it's possible he could be a new horse tonight with everything in his favour, ground to suit and a nice draw. It's not a bad race for the grade but on a mark of 49 (4lbs below that Cork run) I'm hopeful he can go seriously well. Norville feared most, ahead of Mr Good Guy. This is no 22/1 shot

Lovely Stuff PC, ive partook in the 20/1 with an extra Place on Paddy Power, to pay for my Galway expenses..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Nice one PC
    BOYLES went a generous 25/1
    Thanks

Jembatt gets in as a reserve tonight I've backed him for my biggest ever win. He would have gone very close that night at Cork if not being badly hampered and he has had some excuses since, the ground was far worse than described at Sligo last time and he was badly drawn and a similar story at Roscommon the time before. He was seriously aggressively campaigned for a horse that was returning from a lay off like many of the Mulvany's and it's possible he could be a new horse tonight with everything in his favour, ground to suit and a nice draw. It's not a bad race for the grade but on a mark of 49 (4lbs below that Cork run) I'm hopeful he can go seriously well. Norville feared most, ahead of Mr Good Guy. This is no 22/1 shot

Thats great stuff, handy 3rd. When Haykeye ;)at least places tomorrow it'll be a lovely payout on th EW double ive done..

Yeah he ran okay still beaten about six lengths at least some made some e/w money. Joined the Hawkeyethenoo wagon backed it at 28/1 there five places. Shorter than I often go but thought Jupiter Storm should win tonight at Lingfield down in grade backed it at 9/4

• Advertisement

Anyone here particularly good with computers? Having a problem connecting and I've tried all the basics, turning off and on etc, a restore didn't do the trick either and I'm sure it's not the router

• Registered Users Posts: 25,449 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Anyone here particularly good with computers? Having a problem connecting and I've tried all the basics, turning off and on etc, a restore didn't do the trick either and I'm sure it's not the router

Are you getting any error? Does tour computer see the wifi connection? Laptop or pc?

It's connecting just getting a limited connection though. Laptop every other device is fine. I downloaded tunnel bear and was working fine but it stopped all of a sudden. Thought it might have something to do with that so I uninstalled it and still no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

It's connecting just getting a limited connection though. Laptop every other device is fine. I downloaded tunnel bear and was working fine but it stopped all of a sudden. Thought it might have something to do with that so I uninstalled it and still no joy

Did you leave the router off for a minute before turning it back on? If not do it and when the router is back on (give it 2/3 minutes) then restart the laptop. I have this issue a lot with UPC and running Windows 8.

You could sweep the computer with spybot and malwarebytes to clear any malicious ****e off it, this could speed up the limited connection you have.

Well done yesterday mate, too late to the thread, might back Ted again today, ground more in his favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

Is there a yellow triangle over the connection status down on the bottom right of the laptop

naughto wrote: »
    Is there a yellow triangle over the connection status down on the bottom right of the laptop

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Your fecked then :))))

Yeah

It's got computer aids

Yeah

If you can right click the yelow triangle hit (open network sharing centre), then hit change adaptor settings on the left. Then right click the blue coloured connection "probably called local area connection" hit properties. Then go down to "internet protocol version4 " click that and hit the properties button.

In the second set of boxes click the user the following DNS servers and type the following into the box

Prefferred DNS server 8.8.8.8 "8 in each box"
    Alternate 8.8.4.4. The press ok a few times .

Give that a shot first just in case the proxy software fecked up your dns settings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

We need to setup an IT support thread here:)

Got sorted lads thanks ran a total restore and just added the tunnel bear as a chrome extension rather than the app. Seems to have done the trick

Anyone watch Britain the the Bookies? Steve Palmer looks like a serious mug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Anyone watch Britain the the Bookies? Steve Palmer looks like a serious mug

Yeah been watching that, real car crash TV.

Palmer is a legend IMO, no pretensions and down to earth. Always a good read in the RP, obviously a lost cause as a punter - bloody good judge on the golf though. Not condoning the posters in the bedroom or the "this will not get beaten" song...

Also, noticed the way they rejigged the timeline when following the Coral traders - Code Red ran before Elm Park or Latenightrequest/Open Eagle in reality but they showed it last as the race that "saved their day".

Omg next Wednesday evening we are going to be rich my friends

CHOO CHOO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

CHOO CHOO

I think I may be able to boost our bankrolls on Tuesday as well. Cork card v interesting. have you looked at the 18 00

sdoc13 wrote: »
    I think I may be able to boost our bankrolls on Tuesday as well. Cork card v interesting. have you looked at the 18 00

I did but it looks very competitive. There are three or four I have my eye on that are entered

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

CHOO CHOO

Was away on Germany all week.... What am I missing??? Some unreal tips this week from ye legends. Just my luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

CHOO CHOO

Some unreal typing this week lads. Week done. What's happening for Wednesday?
    Sorry didn't mean the double post. Effin phone!!

• Advertisement

idnkph wrote: »
    Was away on Germany all week.... What am I missing??? Some unreal tips this week from ye legends. Just my luck.

Please god a filly that really caught the eye last time and should run well at a unique track that will be bottomless ground. Did anyone see the clowns in Audi galway that put up a fake competition and were caught out

Advertisement