Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Got my 16/1 on Shake the Bucket 8.30 at Tipp tomorrow. He is seriously well handicapped back on the flat off a mark of 60, his last run came off a mark of 74 and 9lbs below his last turf run. Yet to win on turf on the flat but he was only beaten half a length by Strandfield Lady last summer at Navan off six pounds higher in a race that worked out extremely well, the winner won next time out and he was 3 1/2 lengths ahead of a horse who went on to win at Leopardstown off 2lbs higher before being beaten a neck in a 100k handicap at the same track off half a stone higher. A recreation of that run should make him hard to beat tomorrow and I quite fancy it. Russian Roulette probably feared most in a race that is a big field but not too many would look like they're ready to strike

Keep some money for the one Friday too the more I look at it the more I fancy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

*puchases ticket, takes seat at back of carriage and buckles seat belt*

The draw fairy could have been kinder for tomorrow's but plenty of those I feared haven't been declared

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Is he a shoe in PC?

Sorry to anyone who backed it thought he ran well just looked very one paced. Waiting for a price on tomorrow's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭CH3OH

slight derailment.. We hope to resume normal service tomorrow

p.s. there was a flood of money on betfair for it

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

You pays your money and takes your chances PC. I have a decent bet on Disputed in the next. On we go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I rarely get involved in summer betting but there is one in Bellewstown tomorrow that has really grabbed my attention, nice price but waiting for more bookies to price it up.

Doubled with Elis Gury in Wexford 6.50 @ 5/2 looks the route to the rich house tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Any update, PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Golden shoe?

• Advertisement

Not Golden Shoe but he is one on my radar he'll find an easier race than this on softer ground and a few pounds lower.

In the same race Equation of Time is very well handicapped and I fancied him at Leop two starts back having been given a chance by the handicapper and he ran well in a race that has worked out seriously well. All his wins have come at a mile and is worth forgiving his last run over 9.5 furlongs. The form of that Leopardstown run off three pounds higher is extremely strong and the yard are going very well(had two winners yesterday). Not having as big a bet as I had planned, there's a fair gamble on Noble Aussie but he'll find easier chances than this. Backed him at 9/1, the morons at Coral went 20/1 for seven minutes this morning but couldn't get on what would have been the best bet of the year. Still 9/1 a good price and he should go close. Unoriginal but Mick Slates would be feared most and should win soon

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Not Golden Shoe but he is one on my radar he'll find an easier race than this on softer ground and a few pounds lower.

In the same race Equation of Time is very well handicapped and I fancied him at Leop two starts back having been given a chance by the handicapper and he ran well in a race that has worked out seriously well. All his wins have come at a mile and is worth forgiving his last run over 9.5 furlongs. The form of that Leopardstown run off three pounds higher is extremely strong and the yard are going very well(had two winners yesterday). Not having as big a bet as I had planned, there's a fair gamble on Noble Aussie but he'll find easier chances than this. Backed him at 9/1, the morons at Coral went 20/1 for seven minutes this morning but couldn't get on what would have been the best bet of the year. Still 9/1 a good price and he should go close. Unoriginal but Mick Slates would be feared most and should win soon
    Versilia Gal I feel has done as much as your pick and is 3lb lower at roughly the same odds, so I have plumed for it. Good luck.

Ground would be a big concern for me for her Francie she hasn't even placed on anything better than good

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

PP still paying four places in that race once it doesn't go below 8 runners.
    E o T is 5/4 in the 4 place market on BF so 2/1 on the ew is value and the 8/1 is close to the win price. The Noble Aussie price was never reflected on BF throughout the day so may be a false gamble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Sirtoyou wrote: »
    PP still paying four places in that race once it doesn't go below 8 runners.
    E o T is 5/4 in the 4 place market on BF so 2/1 on the ew is value and the 8/1 is close to the win price. The Noble Aussie price was never reflected on BF throughout the day so may be a false gamble.

Where's this going?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,307 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Where's this going?

19:10 Bellewstown

CH3OH wrote: »
    19:10 Bellewstown

To make things interesting the horse that grabbed my attention is Hello Buddy @ 10/1, shame all three in same race

Honestly can't remember the last time I backed a horse each way but 4 places in a 12 horse race was too good to pass up. This is my biggest bet in a while touch wood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Cheers for the heads up lads. Never realised pp going 4 places. Have gone in again as a result. Gd luck

Very good call she male I thought he was handicapped up to his eyes that fella. Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Very good call she male I thought he was handicapped up to his eyes that fella. Fair play.

I give up didnt back it the other day thank god. but they take the horse to hamilton for what i presume was for cut in the ground. Runs stink comes back to ireland and wins on firm.

Well in though Shemale.

Thank you PP for your special. Broke even on the bet.

Lovely 25/1 double with Eilis too, yiz heard it here first

Ocean Glandore fancied 7.25 Bellewstown 10/1 in a place

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

Congrats. Would have won by a street if he hadnt been snatched up on the turn.

Yeah ran up the back of a weakening horse must have had a bit in hand more than the winning margin would suggest. Hope a few were on pays for a few tonight delighted thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dwinkin09

Cheers PC ! Needed that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

H'on PC! Your name needs to be added to this thread title! Long overdue!

Fair play mate, crap Three coverage caused me to miss it. Hope you filled the boots

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭kalinisi

Yeah ran up the back of a weakening horse must have had a bit in hand more than the winning margin would suggest. Hope a few were on pays for a few tonight delighted thank god

PC you helped put a fair bit back into the Mcgregor fight fund cheers!

• Advertisement

Put a bit aside for one at Roscommon tomorrow

Advertisement