Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Well in yesterday PC was at a wedding you paid for my day. My pocket thanks you. My head unfortunately doesn't. The Jagger was not needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Fancy Six of Hearts tonight at 7/1. Once rated in the low 100s he's come a long way down in the weights to a mark of 70 having had forty two successive defeats but he looks ready to stoke soon, having run a nice comeback when beaten 5 lengths by Joe Eile in a good big field handicap. Was a bit disappointed he didn't win next time at Gowran off a mark of 72 but he still ran very well, being hampered in the run and coming from fuehrer back than ideal to be beaten a length. The form of that race is working out outstandingly well with six or seven winners coming out of it Ignore his next run at Leop over too far and he ran well last week in a claimer proving no match for a well weighted horse returning to form on better ground. He should hold second fav Sofi's Spirit on his Gowran run. There's money fon r a horse who finished well behind Ask Dad last time and he's probably feared most but I'd be disappointed if this horse didn't run well under possibly the best claimer I have ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'd be more likely to take the 5/1 insurebet 3 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Fancy Six of Hearts tonight at 7/1. Once rated in the low 100s he's come a long way down in the weights to a mark of 70 having had forty two successive defeats but he looks ready to stoke soon, having run a nice comeback when beaten 5 lengths by Joe Eile in a good big field handicap. Was a bit disappointed he didn't win next time at Gowran off a mark of 72 but he still ran very well, being hampered in the run and coming from fuehrer back than ideal to be beaten a length. The form of that race is working out outstandingly well with six or seven winners coming out of it Ignore his next run at Leop over too far and he ran well last week in a claimer proving no match for a well weighted horse returning to form on better ground. He should hold second fav Sofi's Spirit on his Gowran run. There's money fon r a horse who finished well behind Ask Dad last time and he's probably feared most but I'd be disappointed if this horse didn't run well under possibly the best claimer I have ever seen

What course??

Roscommon 6.15

• Advertisement

Have done 3 horses

Roscommon

Six of hearts @ 6/1
    Bantry Bay @ 2/1

Windsor
    Elusivity e/w @ 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Market looking super weird for this one PC.

Pontificate NR and Burren View Lady ranging from 7/2 to 6's.

i had a £17 free bet from paddy power so put it on her

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Ooh that was close

did he win???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Traded low in running id say. Couldn't battle to beat the eventual second though

Yeah I think about 1.5. Hopefully one Wednesday will make up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Yeah I think about 1.5. Hopefully one Wednesday will make up for it

Ya was close - was praying for the line to come !!!

I have one for Wednesday aswell will stick it up when it's confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Props to Dessie for not realising the horse was there until the final furlong aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Versilia Gal I feel has done as much as your pick and is 3lb lower at roughly the same odds, so I have plumed for it. Good luck.
    Looks like there was something to it. Missed it, oh well.

Any of ye around Naas? Much rain there

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Any of ye around Naas? Much rain there

About 15 minutes away, heavy showers all day.

Cheers Johner think I'll hold fire so

Cheers Johner think I'll hold fire so

Fancy multiculture to win the last in Naas
    Pat Smullen on board so shows there really goin for win
    Small bet now , mite go in again tomorrow if rain not too heavy tomorrow

Yeah he is tempting me too. Not as much as national service in the sprint handicap earlier on though. Any have a ground update and know the six furlong draw bias there?

• Advertisement

Yeah he is tempting me too. Not as much as national service in the sprint handicap earlier on though. Any have a ground update and know the six furlong draw bias there?

There would be a slight bias for high numbers but not by much. Not sure on the ground but keep an eye on their Twitter, there is good chance of rain through the night though.

I'm keeping an eye on Ucanchoose in the same race, not for tomorrow but hopefully next time out and hopefully at Naas again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Draw bias Naas
    http://www.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=499981&raceid=&title=Draw+Guide+-+Ire+-+Naas&lid=draw+guide+-+ire&ref=Draw+Guide+-+Ire&nav=draw+guide+-+ire&sub=Naas&day=Wed

Got 7/1 on National Service having missed 8s by about 10 seconds. Thought he'd be lined up for a punt and he's very strong tonight

Johner wrote: »
    I'm keeping an eye on Ucanchoose in the same race, not for tomorrow but hopefully next time out and hopefully at Naas again.

Kick in the hole that. Goes in at 11/1 and not a cent for it or on it, was waiting for it back over 5.

Thankfully I didn't go in again
    Found nothing
    Will give him 1 more chance next time out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

From Twitter:

RP Bloodstock ‏@rpbloodstock 17m17 minutes ago
    New top lot on day two of Tatts July Sale as Mike Murphy's Royal Hunt Cup sixth American Hope knocked down to BBA Ireland for 210,000gns

Shame Mike Murphy never got a win out of him despite coming very close more than once, interesting to see where he ends up now.

210,000 for a gelding is a lot of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

210,000 for a gelding is a lot of money

It sure is, particularly one whose only win came in a maiden at Dundalk.

Been bought for connections in Dubai, hence the price tag.

Was having terrible withdrawal symptoms having gone cold turkey without Dundalk for so long. A nice way to welcome it back with two winner$ $unday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Was having terrible withdrawal symptoms having gone cold turkey without Dundalk for so long. A nice way to welcome it back with two winner$ $unday
    Weird having Dundalk on a Sunday.

Two obvious picks already. Outspoken out a week after the disgusting ride last week is no surprise at all. It should hack up against a pretty weak looking field. Also interesting to see Russian Soul drop down into regular handicap company, this one is surely far too good for that kind of race.

Advertisement