Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIPS ONLY THREAD - No discussion - see first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A few fancies in last few posts, would be good to keep this thread cleaner and just for the inside info bets :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Damn it. Missed catwildo, only reading this thread now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Berteee

Munsarim is running on Wednesday in Kempton. I notice it was tipped the other day and came 4th.
    Here is the race card for those maybe interested in having a look;

http://www.irishracing.com/cards/Kempton_Wed_15th_Jan_2014_4_55.html

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Munsarim is running on Wednesday in Kempton. I notice it was tipped the other day and came 4th.

Well, I hope he can turn his Kempton form around down at this mark and in lower graded company

Nov13 Kem 8St C4Hc 4K 8-8 11/11 (20L Dixie's Dream 9-3) 33/1
    Oct13 Kem 8St C4Hc 4K 9-4 10/12 (19L Cayuga 9-5) b 33/1
    May12 Kem 8St C3Hc 6K 9-3 14/14 (15½L Cruiser 9-0) b 20/1

Will take a closer look at the card tomorrow night - ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

This is a tips thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,410 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Got a tip for See Double You in the 4:45 at Thurles today.

Source is the same person who told me that Vigil was going to win the bumper at Leopardstown on Hennessy day (it won at a canter).

Francie "Official BAWWS DEEP spokesman" Barrett.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Ladbrokes have gone 11/4 from 8s for Bale O Shea in that race, Francie. still 7s available. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭th hen

I got a tip from Lad in the uk but I would be extremely surprised if wins as no form whatsooever so bet with caution.

7.00 Wolverhampton top line banker.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭razorhead

Lads was told All Pepper - running tomorrow in Fairyhouse 13.25 - was useful and is possibly Mullins one for the Triumph. Good luck if you follow

33s into 20s for the Triumph within the last week.

• Advertisement

Ladbrokes have gone 11/4 from 8s for Bale O Shea in that race, Francie. still 7s available. Interesting.

saw that at lunch. Hills or one of the uk firms have him also at 3's compared to 8-10's generally.

Edit - Owner is a bookie so I guess thats the reason?

Bale O'Shea 8/1 --> 11/4
    Montana Slim 10/1 --> 9/2
    Mooney's Cottage 10/1 -- > 9/2

What have they all got in common? ;) might have a few pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,410 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Sorry guys, was told this was going to be trying and in fairness, it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...if it didn't bounce of the 3rd last and nearly lose the jockey, it would've been like vigil...your record is now 12/13 for the year...ðŸ˜႒

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭JR23

Wasnt far away, last three fences done him! Thanks for the tip, keep them coming.

Very unlucky Francie. Keep em flowing

Cheers Francie, nobody told the jockey he was supposed to win. Jesus it looked they had someone from make a wish in the saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Cheers Francie, nobody told the jockey he was supposed to win. Jesus it looked they had someone from make a wish in the saddle.

If theres anything worse than ill informed pocket talk, it's comparing jockeys to ill children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

only1stevo wrote: »
    If theres anything worse than ill informed pocket talk, it's comparing jockeys to ill children.

That and vegitarianism.

only1stevo wrote: »

That wasn't a dig at ill children. He looked like someone in the saddle for the first time ie his dream was to be a jockey for one ride.

Not sure if the pocket talk was aimed at me, I had nothing on and was simply empathising with Francie, better jockey, he wins his bet.

Do you think the jockey did well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

Got a tip for Hardcast in the bumper in thurles but hes 50/1.

Met an English guy in a sh*tty bar last night in Sydney. Got to talking sport and then the upcoming Cheltenham festival.

After a good chat and a few beers he told me that a horse called " we have a dream " will be "trying" (his exact words) on Wednesday.

It's running in the 2.00 at Lingfield and is currently about 18/1. Betvictor were 40/1 (nobody else was going that price) but thats gone.

You now know as much as I do. I obviously can't vouch for him but I'm just relaying the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

tomaussie wrote: »
    Met an English guy in a sh*tty bar last night in Sydney. Got to talking sport and then the upcoming Cheltenham festival.

After a good chat and a few beers he told me that a horse called " we have a dream " will be "trying" (his exact words) on Wednesday.

It's running in the 2.00 at Lingfield and is currently about 18/1. Betvictor were 40/1 (nobody else was going that price) but thats gone.

You now know as much as I do. I obviously can't vouch for him but I'm just relaying the info.

Still 33s available. The horse definitely has the ability to win off a mark of 54 but, given the connections, you'd definitely want to see a fair bit of cash around for it if its a going day.

What do you make of Ladbrokes only going 12/1 ? Are they afraid of a punt coming ?

What do you make of Ladbrokes only going 12/1 ? Are they afraid of a punt coming ?

Every other bookie is 25s or bigger. Ladbrokes are probably just being lazy and not bothered to drift the price out.

rossom wrote: »
    Every other bookie is 25s or bigger. Ladbrokes are probably just being lazy and not bothered to drift the price out.

Pity I didn't know your thoughts before I backed it. I could have sat tight and waited to see if the money was down before backing it. Hey ho.

Pity I didn't know your thoughts before I backed it. I could have sat tight and waited to see if the money was down before backing it. Hey ho.

Not impossible that it won't get backed or will win when unbacked but I think its the sort of horse connections would try and land a gamble with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

25's out to 40's now........could be a tasty chicken dinner.......or rummaging out the back of iceland again

Available at 66/1 now.

Fuming. It's nearly 1am here and I've stayed up for this ?

Was the B*stard taking the p*ss ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Available at 66/1 now.

Fuming. It's nearly 1am here and I've stayed up for this ?

Was the B*stard taking the p*ss ?

Tell ya in about 3 mins!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement