Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

keithc83 wrote: »
    Yep...Irish got it! lol
    Haven't used it yet though....any good?

Some people swear by it at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Yep...Irish got it! lol
    Haven't used it yet though....any good?

Luck of the Irish my ass, ha

It's very very good. My go to gun since launch(almost 1400 kills so far). If you can get used to tap firing you can even use it at surprising ranges. The sheer volume of fire tends to trump outright accuracy :D. As Spear said, some people swear by it. It's got less vertical recoil than the MG4 but more side to side.
    However, and it's a BIG however, the AWS in the Naval Strike dlc is a monster. Can't see myself going back to anything else in the Support class. The reload speed more than makes up for the 100 less rounds. The gun alone is worth buying the dlc pack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Luck of the Irish my ass, ha

It's very very good. My go to gun since launch(almost 1400 kills so far). If you can get used to tap firing you can even use it at surprising ranges. The sheer volume of fire tends to trump outright accuracy :D. As Spear said, some people swear by it. It's got less vertical recoil than the MG4 but more side to side.
    However, and it's a BIG however, the AWS in the Naval Strike dlc is a monster. Can't see myself going back to anything else in the Support class. The reload speed more than makes up for the 100 less rounds. The gun alone is worth buying the dlc pack :)

I must try to unlock the AWS next so! Sounds like an absolute beast :)

I must try to unlock the AWS next so! Sounds like an absolute beast :)

It really is. It's got a drum fed 100 round magazine so it reloads like an assault rifle instead of the usual 6 or 7 second reload time of a belt fed LMG. High rate of fire with a very manageable recoil, it's accurate at range and effective up close
    Screenshot_2014-03-30-21-47-40_zpstja7jj7a.png
    expect it to get nerfed in a patch soon though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

It really is. It's got a drum fed 100 round magazine so it reloads like an assault rifle instead of the usual 6 or 7 second reload time of a belt fed LMG. High rate of fire with a very manageable recoil, it's accurate at range and effective up close
    expect it to get nerfed in a patch soon though :)

It's already been nerfed in the last patch.

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    It's already been nerfed in the last patch.

I mean again. Apparently it was godly good on PC so they bumped up its side to side recoil. Thing is still insane though

Just letting you guys know that I had 2 completely lag free rounds of 64 man Conquest on Operation Mortar playing on a DICE test server. Anyone that has Naval Strike should give the server a try and see how ya get on. First lag free games on the dlc I've had so it might work for you too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just letting you guys know that I had 2 completely lag free rounds of 64 man Conquest on Operation Mortar playing on a DICE test server. Anyone that has Naval Strike should give the server a try and see how ya get on. First lag free games on the dlc I've had so it might work for you too

Dice actually responded to some lad on Reddit about the test server :

"Glad to hear its working out, we have now identified the core issue with the Gen4 64-player CQL servers and are working hard to get this fixed across all Gen4 servers. Stay tuned for more info."

Fieldog wrote: »
    Dice actually responded to some lad on Reddit about the test server :

"Glad to hear its working out, we have now identified the core issue with the Gen4 64-player CQL servers and are working hard to get this fixed across all Gen4 servers. Stay tuned for more info."

I still wouldn't hold my breath but at least they're giving us something to be optimistic about.
    I'm going to get a game or 2 in now while the little one naps(hopefully). Wanna unlock the SR2 so if I'm lucky, the test server will still be working ok.

Not sure if it'll effect us, but Naval Strike has just become available on PC. Seems like they've sorted the major issue so maybe they are finally fixing **** :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭brady12

Anyone else b4 gone crap last two nights on ps4 .?even FIFA gone laggy as hell

brady12 wrote: »
    Anyone else b4 gone crap last two nights on ps4 .?even FIFA gone laggy as hell

I noticed over the the weekend that BF4 was more so than even normally but i put it down to the XP boost weekend. EA Sports Fifa did say on twitter that there were issues after maintenance on March 30th but i don't know if those issues were linked to the lagfest or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Paul, yes I agree, it is almost perfect.

The game ran so smooth I had to reduce my sensitivity on the controls, that says a lot about how bad the original game is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

mozattack wrote: »
    Paul, yes I agree, it is almost perfect.

The game ran so smooth I had to reduce my sensitivity on the controls, that says a lot about how bad the original game is.

ha ha, same as - I normally have it around 30%, since playing on the test ones I put it down to 25%....

How awful is that - playing the game but having to adjust inputs to hit characters onscreen, thanks Dice/EA....

:rolleyes:

I actually forgot to update my earlier post. After those perfect games on Operation Mortar, I tried out another test server on Nansha Strike and it was 100% unplayable, ha :D . Stuttering steps and rubber-banding vehicles, it was insane. Now to be fair, it probably only seemed so bad because the previous server was so good. Easy come easy go I guess

Just finished playing a couple of games there with Ally, Jay and Ricky and the maps were virtually lag free. Including Lancang Dam. Forgot how much fun it was playing the damn game without having to deal with problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

BordorFox wrote: »

Good link...

I played with most of ye on Caspian Border last night... did ye suffer lag? [this is KOB79LFC by the way].

Mine was poor, not awful but a lot of screen shuttering.

Coming from the test server it was like comparing gaming when sober to when drunk. I am so frustrated about it all

BordorFox wrote: »

It's amazing to think that a company that big would issues with their hardware......at least they admitted it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Good link...

I played with most of ye on Caspian Border last night... did ye suffer lag? [this is KOB79LFC by the way].

Mine was poor, not awful but a lot of screen shuttering.

Coming from the test server it was like comparing gaming when sober to when drunk. I am so frustrated about it all

This reminds me of last nights games on caspian border

8EF9F0FEB526A0AA3E6826D12DD49F2DA49B0718

• Advertisement

Fiiiiiinnnnaly finished the Recon Expert assignment :)

Screenshot_2014-04-02-14-35-54_zps2rgcvzk2.png

Honorable mention to Fieldog who distracted the enemy by arming nearly everything while I picked them off

Fiiiiiinnnnaly finished the Recon Expert assignment :)

Honorable mention to Fieldog who distracted the enemy by arming nearly everything while I picked them off

Paul, very impressed... I think I only have one Marksman Ribbon so a bit to go. Granted I don't snipe much but I have a bit to do.

Bordorfox, good post.... HA HA!

Paul, very impressed... I think I only have one Marksman Ribbon so a bit to go. Granted I don't snipe much but I have a bit to do.

It was a grind alright, and the gun is crap :D

Unlocked the AA mines as well before finishing up earlier, really underwhelming. You need both missiles to hit just to get a vehicle disable. Certainly a deterrent but you gotta sacrifice either your repair tool or your RPG/SMAW etc. Really can't see myself ever using them at all once I complete the Scourge Of The Sea assignment

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Kob me auld mate....did you jump ship ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Been offline from BF4 a bit playing FIFA but was getting into Naval Strike last few days.
    Must jump back on in next few days, moe importantly what have I missed? Any updates?

cobraeire wrote: »
    Kob me auld mate....did you jump ship ??

Good question, was actually thinking of joining back... that okay? Ye seem to have an active clan now which is good.

Played NS last night on Rush with no lag and the maps seem promising IF YOU CAN GET to the first base without being Javelined!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Almost Rank 20 Platoon lads, great work. Any requests/suggestions for this weekends platoon mission? Who can take Borderfox's tags the most?! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Have we started fighting against each other yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Played NS last night on Rush with no lag and the maps seem promising IF YOU CAN GET to the first base without being Javelined!

Speaking of Rush, Ive been playing commander recently trying to get some assignments, and its ridiculous, i can send up a UAV scan and immediately everyone is spotted underneath it and its a very large radius, You can also do an infantry or vehicle scan of the whole map... one of the main reasons i love battlefield is because if you are getting hammered at a certain choke point or base etc, you have the option to flank or choose a different attack point. If you have a half decent commander on the opposing team this severly limits your flanking routes \ options.

I think they should add a server filter \ option to play on maps without commanders. I also think if they did is it might help a small bit with lag as it will be two less players and less traffic.

thoughts?

Advertisement