Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Almost Rank 20 Platoon lads, great work. Any requests/suggestions for this weekends platoon mission? Who can take Borderfox's tags the most?! ;-)

Best Squad Score? Seems like it was aimed at cooperating squads anyway

allybhoy wrote: »
    Speaking of Rush, Ive been playing commander recently trying to get some assignments, and its ridiculous, i can send up a UAV scan and immediately everyone is spotted underneath it and its a very large radius, You can also do an infantry or vehicle scan of the whole map... one of the main reasons i love battlefield is because if you are getting hammered at a certain choke point or base etc, you have the option to flank or choose a different attack point. If you have a half decent commander on the opposing team this severly limits your flanking routes \ options.

I think they should add a server filter \ option to play on maps without commanders. I also think if they did is it might help a small bit with lag as it will be two less players and less traffic.

thoughts?

Myself and Fieldog were playing Rush exclusively early Wednesday afternoon and personally, I thought it was great. Nothing like BF3 but still good nonetheless. Your right about the commander though, we even mentioned it we were playing, the best thing about Rush is flanking wide and surprising the defenders. The best games we had, had 1 thing in common; no commander. Surprise surprise :)
    No other game mode can be so heavily influenced by a single player..........who isn't even on the Battlefield in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Myself and Fieldog were playing Rush exclusively early Wednesday afternoon and personally, I thought it was great. Nothing like BF3 but still good nonetheless. Your right about the commander though, we even mentioned it we were playing, the best thing about Rush is flanking wide and surprising the defenders. The best games we had, had 1 thing in common; no commander. Surprise surprise :)
    No other game mode can be so heavily influenced by a single player..........who isn't even on the Battlefield in the first place.

Yeh, its ridiculous , its ruining Rush and its not needed... The last few days ive been sat on hoop watching the footie whilst casually glancing down at the screen occasionally to play commander on the tablet, . The mad thing is, in a few of the rounds i was playing, i was the MVP for the team i was playing, the points you get in commander are crazy. One of the games i had 15 kills. Here's the report, look at the two highest scoring players on either side...

Another thing about it, its not even that much fun, its very repitive and fairly boring.

The mad thing is, in a few of the rounds i was playing, i was the MVP for the team i was playing, the points you get in commander are crazy.

Another thing about it, its not even that much fun, its very repitive and fairly boring.

Agree with both those statements. I've played as commander on Conquest once, twice maybe at most. Hadn't a clue what I was doing, squads rarely accepted any orders let alone actually follow them. Still finished in the top 5 scores though, purely through spot assists etc. Found it very boring after my brief exposure to it and highly doubt I'll ever go back.
    I can only imagine that in the right hands, especially on Rush, Commander is borderline over powered and certainly unbalanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Best Squad Score? Seems like it was aimed at cooperating squads anyway

Sounds good Paul. Best Squad Score it is so - Get the highest squad score in a round.

• Advertisement

Sounds good Paul. Best Squad Score it is so - Get the highest squad score in a round.

Now everyone get your ammo/medic bags and meet me on Metro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Almost Rank 20 Platoon lads, great work. Any requests/suggestions for this weekends platoon mission? Who can take Borderfox's tags the most?! ;-)

lmao paul,taking bordorfox`s tags you know thats to easy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

mozattack wrote: »
    Good question, was actually thinking of joining back... that okay? Ye seem to have an active clan now which is good.

yeah no bother,just go here to sign up :D

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/7565896021935389562/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Left Battlefield for 3 weeks and I havent a clue whats going on here now, Platoons? Best squad score? What ever happened to old skool blowing the opposition to **** as a team?

-Scotty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

Left Battlefield for 3 weeks and I havent a clue whats going on here now, Platoons? Best squad score? What ever happened to old skool blowing the opposition to **** as a team?

-Scotty

What that guy said :cool:

• Advertisement

What that guy said :cool:
    Gone a wee bit too serious now, was great fun at the start! Private squads and everything now, nothing for the casual fan of the game... Clueless now as to whats going on at this stage :D

-Scotty

Still blowing **** up but sure there's no harm in a little competition between the platoon members. Been running them for 4 weeks anyway :)

Still blowing **** up but sure there's no harm in a little competition between the platoon members. Been running them for 4 weeks anyway :)
    Isnt that just turning the game into COD?
    The whole reason BF4 is a winner is team work also pays off.. Dunno maybe Im an old fashioned gamer, not as old as Cobra mind :D:D

Also the fact Im **** at this game :D

Isnt that just turning the game into COD?
    The whole reason BF4 is a winner is team work also pays off.. Dunno maybe Im an old fashioned gamer, not as old as Cobra mind :D:D:D

Ssshhhh, you'll get lynched for saying that around here

The missions are only a laugh between the platoon and they don't handicap your playstyle or anything. Most vehicle kills, most Assault Rifle kills, Best Squad score all help your team in some way. Best Squad score is exactly how it sounds, most points accumulated by helping your squad. Spotting, revives, health and ammo etc. We do that normally when we're on anyway so that's why I suggested that specific mission this week.

Ssshhhh, you'll get lynched for saying that around here

The missions are only a laugh between the platoon and they don't handicap your playstyle or anything. Most vehicle kills, most Assault Rifle kills, Best Squad score all help your team in some way. Best Squad score is exactly how it sounds, most points accumulated by helping your squad. Spotting, revives, health and ammo etc. We do that normally when we're on anyway so that's why I suggested that specific mission this week.
    Ah ok now Im understanding, I seemed to have just accidently met ye all on Metro last night so, was about to leave the server and suddenly a bunch of Paddies arrived blazing guns :D

Can rarely join ye on the same server anymore as it doesnt show up on the multiplayer screen and I cant join via friend list either.. Dont know why

Can rarely join ye on the same server anymore as it doesnt show up on the multiplayer screen and I cant join via friend list either.. Dont know why

Yeah I noticed that about 2 patches ago I think. I usually go through Battlelog and join from there. That can be iffy sometimes as well though, showing me that someone is online when they're not. Works more often than not though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Ah ok now Im understanding, I seemed to have just accidently met ye all on Metro last night so, was about to leave the server and suddenly a bunch of Paddies arrived blazing guns :D

Yeh i have that issue aswell, and sometimes battlelog on the playstation itself doesnt work either, i have battlelog on my phone and you can join through that and it seems to be the most stable.

While we are at it, has anyone had a wierd glitch when spawing into the game the first time you have no primary or sidearm for about 20 seconds..just a blank screen with your hands, all you can offer is moral support. Switcihng to sidearm and back about a dozen times eventually brings your guns up, its soo wierd

While we are at it, has anyone had a wierd glitch when spawing into the game the first time you have no primary or sidearm for about 20 seconds..just a blank screen with your hands, all you can offer is moral support. Switcihng to sidearm and back about a dozen times eventually brings your guns up, its soo wierd

Had it once, happened me before though with Battlefield on the PS3. Around November/December 2012 and it took countless calls and emails to support and about 6 or 7 weeks before it went back to normal. I eventually just put it down to HDD in the Playstation acting up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

You can join us a few ways..

1. Multiplayer friends servers screen

mainmenu-618x343.jpg

mYKtNB7.jpg

This lists servers we are on, if it has a few of the same names, just message one of us to tell you the server number.

Or you can usually find us in a party, add us on your PS4.

2. Battlelog friends list

This screen refreshes on its own, usually wrong the first time but just toggle L1 and R1 to get it to refresh right, highlight one of us and press Triangle to join us.

3. Join from Battlelog on your web browser.

Add us on your EA origin account on http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4

You can then see us on the top right ..

7DTWhu9.png

You can then click the play button and it will remotely add you to the server from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Yeah thats continually happening to me as well. And switching weapons is the only way to get your primary gun to come up. Its annoying as hell, especially when you spawn in the wrong place at the wrong time!

On another note I haven't had internet unfortunately since yesterday which is frustrating but hopefully thats fixed by the time i get home later.
    If i am on, I will happily provide all the ammo everyone needs for the Best Squad Score mission....really enjoying using the M249! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hey dudes, I have applied on Battlelog to joint the platoon.

Please add me on PSN (although I have some already added). It is KOB79LFC and I am sadly on almost every night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Please add me on PSN (although I have some already added). It is KOB79LFC and I am sadly on almost every night

Sorted, added you, welcome back.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Aaaahhh, I forgot that was you on Battlelog.

keithc83 wrote: »
    ....really enjoying using the M249! :D

How's the AWS assignment coming along? Can almost guarantee you'll never go back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

How's the AWS assignment coming along? Can almost guarantee you'll never go back :)

I haven't really had much chance to just sit down go through it and complete it but I think I have two more vehicles to destroy and the AWS is mine. Looking forward to trying that out now after the impressive M249! :)

keithc83 wrote: »
    I haven't really had much chance to just sit down go through it and complete it but I think I have two more vehicles to destroy and the AWS is mine. Looking forward to trying that out now after the impressive M249! :)

It's a cheap tactic, but a Jihad Jeep really speeds up the assignment. The sheer about of boats on Naval Strike makes it a good place to hunt. Don't forget about those spawn beacons, MAVs and TUGs etc. They all count as vehicles so take em out

Jesus, I have absolutely no idea what everyone is talking about :D:D

How about them Yankees this season? :D

How about them Yankees this season? :D

Ha ha, it's Red Sox or nothing.

Here's one more reason why you should get Naval Strike :D

Hopefully the link works, I'm very hit or miss with them

Ha ha, it's Red Sox or nothing.

Here's one more reason why you should get Naval Strike :D

<iframe width="290" height="190" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/V-WladmrdNQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cant view YOu Tube at work, but will have a look after the match tonight. Have Naval Strike, thats why I came back to BF4 after a hiatus of 3-4 week FIFA addication. Im either all in, or all out, no half measures :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Indeed.

Advertisement