Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The AWS can be done on any map, I've already unlocked it despite NS not even being available on PC yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Spear wrote: »
    The AWS can be done on any map, I've already unlocked it despite NS not even being available on PC yet.

Yeah I think the SR338 is the only gun you actually need Naval Strike for, 5 C4 kills on those maps(just got it now so I'll give it a go)

Sorry Ally, didn't even notice your question :(

I have to agree with you Ally, only had a quick few go's last night with a bit of lag but maps are excellent along with the carrier assault mode. Definitely worth the money. Time to unlock the new semi-automatic sniper rifle now!!

I may be missing here but I cannot see any advantages of a Recon using this new semi-auto sniper rifle

Screenshot_2014-03-26-11-51-53_zpsc8ddcntt.png

Its got LESS damage and stability than the all class DMR and a smaller ammo capacity??? It's still a 3 shot kill and I found the ROF fairly slow. I know it's very early, I've only a handful of kills with it, and I don't like using DMRs anyway but this 1 seems odd to me. I'm going to assume it's damage maintains at range, it comes with an 8× scope from the get go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

The lag is now unplayable, couldnt enjoy NS at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Was I dreaming when EA/DICE said that they would fix the lag issues before releasing any more DLC?
    The issues are still prevalent on the base maps so I don't understand why they are releasing more maps on top of this without fixing all the problems first. Without that lag almost all of the maps are really enjoyable and fun. But it gets way too frustrating to enjoy any game when you can't even walk or sprint properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

keithc83 wrote: »
    Was I dreaming when EA/DICE said that they would fix the lag issues before releasing any more DLC?
    The issues are still prevalent on the base maps so I don't understand why they are releasing more maps on top of this without fixing all the problems first. Without that lag almost all of the maps are really enjoyable and fun. But it gets way too frustrating to enjoy any game when you can't even walk or sprint properly.

I had a couple of small laggy bits on the new maps but haven't had a problem with the base game maps, sorted from what I saw yesterday....

Fieldog wrote: »
    I had a couple of small laggy bits on the new maps but haven't had a problem with the base game maps, sorted from what I saw yesterday....

I only had a couple of quick games on the base maps last night, and I had some rubber-banding still. But it did seem to be better I will say that. (No falling into the floor/water, no stuck in killcam mode, no EA server errors...all of these were happening up until yesterday)
    I haven't tried the new maps yet as i only started downloading them late last night but really hoping that I can get a few games in on NS without much lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I only had a couple of quick games on the base maps last night, and I had some rubber-banding still. But it did seem to be better I will say that. (No falling into the floor/water, no stuck in killcam mode, no EA server errors...all of these were happening up until yesterday)
    I haven't tried the new maps yet as i only started downloading them late last night but really hoping that I can get a few games in on NS without much lag.

Make sure you select euro servers if you are playing NS

allybhoy wrote: »
    Make sure you select euro servers if you are playing NS

Is it unplayable on US Servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭whavin

Alright lads, I've been trying to find an Irish clan on boards without much success... well until now?
    Would ye mind if another jumps on this band wagon

Only recently got BF4 on the PS4, been playing for years though BF2 - pc BF3 - PS3
    Finally decided to get in on the clans rather than going it a lone this time round. I'm on nearly every night

deaduis_maximus

Shame I cant change the tag name, scarred for the rest of my BF days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

whavin wrote: »
    Alright lads, I've been trying to find an Irish clan on boards without much success... well until now?

Only recently got BF4 on the PS4, been playing for years though BF2 - pc BF3 - PS3
    Finally decided to get in on the clans rather than going it a lone this time round. I'm on nearly every night

deaduis_maximus

Shame I cant change the tag name, scarred for the rest of my BF days

Friend request sent mate. Can you change your BF4 tag to IRL and I can send you a platoon recruitment request on battlelog. You can also use the clan emblem made by Borderfox if you like. Cheers

Friend request sent mate. Can you change your BF4 tag to IRL and I can send you a platoon recruitment request on battlelog. You can also use the clan emblem made by Borderfox if you like. Cheers
    Cheers mate, thanks for the invite, 5 o'clock cant come soon enough.

Is it unplayable on US Servers?

Well the two games i had on US servers were unplayable, had to quit shrtly after joining as the lag was awful. I switched to european server and it was fine, the odd bit of lag when the sub came down on one of the maps (leveloution) but apart from that it was grand

whavin wrote: »

All it took was to look in the battlefield section :D

Welcome aboard, a few pages back you will find the clan list with PSN names, normally a few of us playing every night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Think I added the Clan Tags right, can anyone check for me?

:P

Fieldog wrote: »
    Think I added the Clan Tags right, can anyone check for me?

:P

Yep, looks good

So there I am with premium looking forward to NS and 2 days in I can barely play the feckin thing... last night was shocking, it was stuttering and lagging so bad I just packed it in (again).

At the weekend it was working fine, it seems every patch causes more problems at first at least.

Even had to play DOM and that was lagging!.

Geez

mozattack wrote: »
    So there I am with premium looking forward to NS and 2 days in I can barely play the feckin thing... last night was shocking, it was stuttering and lagging so bad I just packed it in (again).

At the weekend it was working fine, it seems every patch causes more problems at first at least.

Even had to play DOM and that was lagging!.

Geez

I've found Naval Strike to be very very hit or miss. When it works, it's fantastic, but I've had more laggy games than not. Surely, whatever the issue that's affecting the XB1 and PC version isn't exclusive to those platforms. It seems like we're doing another beta test for them. The vanilla maps are running a lot smoother now with absolutely no lag except during some of the massive levolution moments. China Rising and Second Assault run perfectly as well so in my opinion, it's clearly an issue with Naval Strike rather than the latest patch

allybhoy wrote: »
    All it took was to look in the battlefield section :D

Welcome aboard, a few pages back you will find the clan list with PSN names, normally a few of us playing every night

I went through the search bar and it just kept throwing up all sorts of :pac:

Cheers mate, I'll head hunt ye this weekend. I will be getting premium and the other half is off to her mothers this weekend so apart from getting out on the tiles I'll be hitting this! hoping Naval Strike will sort itself by the sound of things

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Platoon members update:

Ally
    Bordorfox
    cobraeire
    cookmysock88
    deaduis_maximus
    DerekPhantom
    De_Selby83
    DethBassterd
    digitalmoon
    emmetmcl
    Falstaff30
    Feildog
    dxFINNxb
    fuzziedunlop200
    gearhead27
    Grooverr83
    HowyaNow147
    Jay_F_420
    keithc83
    Paradisepaddy
    Paul_booth
    Shane_86
    Spagitis
    TigronIE
    thurlesdrunk
    TrevsJocks
    Wilbur_345
    Weiland79
    wombhunter
    XtraFalcon

• Advertisement

WOW… I played BF4 vanilla last night and it ran perfectly, first time I can say that. It was beautiful… every time I did a test I got all green and zero latency issues… you could feel it too.

I must check my stats from last night as I am expecting to have a K/D of at least 2/1 whereas my normal K/D is 1.39/1 … why, cos it is tough playing a stuttering game and being killed before you even see the enemy.

It was amazing, I was in an attack jet on Golmund Railway and it was ran like a beauty… made it far more enjoyable.

Only concern is (a) was just a once off night and (b) I was playing rush/obliteration, i.e. not 64 man servers.

If this is the way the game is going to be going forward it will be a 10/10 game… excellent.

WOW… I played BF4 vanilla last night and it ran perfectly, first time I can say that. It was beautiful… every time I did a test I got all green and zero latency issues… you could feel it too.

I must check my stats from last night as I am expecting to have a K/D of at least 2/1 whereas my normal K/D is 1.39/1 … why, cos it is tough playing a stuttering game and being killed before you even see the enemy.

It was amazing, I was in an attack jet on Golmund Railway and it was ran like a beauty… made it far more enjoyable.

Only concern is (a) was just a once off night and (b) I was playing rush/obliteration, i.e. not 64 man servers.

If this is the way the game is going to be going forward it will be a 10/10 game… excellent.

I get very little lag on the vanilla maps(Langcam Dam used to be bad but that's long sorted) except on Hainen Resort but that's only when the hotel comes down. Now it could be a coincidence.....but none of the Second Assault nor China Rising maps have any significant levolution and they run perfectly. Even on 64 man servers, I've never had a single issue. The vanilla maps and the new Naval Strike maps DO have levolution effects and they seem to suffer, to varying degrees obviously.
    I don't recall having many problems on the smaller game modes, on any of the dlcs. Rush/Domination/Obliteration etc, all run fine. It can't simply be put down to the fact that there are less players though. I've had lag, stuttering & rubberbanding on 64 man servers that are less than half populated.
    I've got to be honest, I don't think I'd even miss it if they could turn off the Levolution. I struggle to think of a single map where triggering the Levolution has a game changing effect. I understand there's so much more going on with the net code and lag etc than just the Levolution moments but to a layman looking in, the only thing in coincidence seems to be these effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've got to be honest, I don't think I'd even miss it if they could turn off the Levolution. I struggle to think of a single map where triggering the Levolution has a game changing effect.

While I agree the first time I was on the roof of the Skyscraper in Shanghai and it started to shake, didn't know what was going on and then it just collapsed was awesome!

There was heap of us playing Vanilla Conquest last night all on party, and im fairly sure all of us were experiencing a bit lag at one stage or another, think you might have just been lucky. A few rounds were ok.

Id agree It does make a huge difference to your score\ experience though when the game is running smooth. I tend to use PDW's\ AR's with a high rate of fire, so its vital for me that the hit detection and game are solid, when it is, i usually know exactly how many bullets i need to down a guy so I can let my finger off the trigger to conserve rounds in the chamber for the next guy and the next guy before reloading. But when im experiencing lag \ hit detection issues, i have to keep the trigger down that bit longer to make sure he drops meaning less rounds in the chamber and more time reloading meaning more time dead.

When it gets laggy for me, i tend to have to change my style, find cover, shoot, duck \ crouch, reload, go again etc etc, and because its not my natural style i dont do aswell.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    While I agree the first time I was on the roof of the Skyscraper in Shanghai and it started to shake, didn't know what was going on and then it just collapsed was awesome!

Actually, the 2 maps that do come to mind regarding game changing levolution are Shanghai and Gulf of Oman. The dust clouds masking all the lovely artwork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

is a platoon not supposed to be like 7 or 8 people

Paul Booth... wow, sounds like you are having 1 in a million good performance results.

Are you wireless or wired connection?

Is that actually important.

I am wireless and have been for 4 years and never a problem until BF4.

Paul Booth... wow, sounds like you are having 1 in a million good performance results.

Are you wireless or wired connection?

Is that actually important.

I am wireless and have been for 4 years and never a problem until BF4.

It's not as rare as it sounds. There's quite a few people who get little problems. I've been extremely lucky so far, even at launch, I seemed to get off lightly. I don't think it's ever been 'unplayable' but certainly unpleasant some times. I played a lot of Rush early in the game to get around the huge issues with Conquest. I'll never join a server with less than 4 bars and try stay European.......On that note, Asian servers seem to have no lag or rubberbanding but the hit-reg is worse, go figure :).............I was only on for 3 games with the lads last night and the only slight trace of lag I got was, amazingly, on Paracel Storm
    I've got the 100mb fibrewire with UPC

Just done on 64 man Langcam
    20140328_112204_zpsk6et4hww.jpg

• Advertisement

Just done on 64 man Langcam
    20140328_112204_zpsk6et4hww.jpg

On a map that was notorious for the lag, I just finished there with no rubberbanding or stuttering or issues with hit-reg or being hit around corners. European server with 4 bars

Advertisement