Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    @Darren , Damien & Mark.

Have we been green-lit to adopt Viking?

For those who weren't there last night. A guy in our squad wanted to join our party. Turns out he's from Norway with English almost better than ours

He got along great with us last night. He took a few moral-grey-area shots, regularly sells his soul to Satan and judging by the amount of times (and with rage) he said "Jesus Christ" he already has a certain level of Irishness within him. "(Do you have a Viking inside of you?)"

Almost better?? With none of the culchie colloquialisms, I found him easier to understand than Cobra :pac: I stayed in the party chat for the next round with him, he really doesn't take it too seriously but he gets so angry it's brilliant. Doesn't get offended either which is always helpful. He definitely gets my vote anyway.

On a side note, after Viking left, I was invited into a party chat with flirtygirty and fruitloops who turned out to be actual real life girls........again, for those that weren't there....2 players that messaged me via PSN about coming from behind and being mean for setting them on fire. Escalated quickly into an innuendo laced exchange and a back & forth Tbag/Vbag duel.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Well now I feel bad for that "Uncle-Shot" I took at fruitloops.

I really wish I recorded that tank kill now though. To be fair both Viking and them were knocking around for a while. If we got talking to konrad we'd be set.

If we keep picking up people at this rate we'll be kitted out, we nearly have enough for 2 entirely dysfunctional squads now.

Well now I feel bad for that "Uncle-Shot" I took at fruitloops.

I really wish I recorded that tank kill now though. To be fair both Viking and them were knocking around for a while. If we got talking to konrad we'd be set.

If we keep picking up people at this rate we'll be kitted out, we nearly have enough for 2 entirely dysfunctional squads now.

They were both pretty rude so I can safely assume she was joking about the uncle. Yeah that tank kill was ridiculous, looked like you just drive straight through the carcass of her poor tank and picked up the 2 kills. They seemed to attract tanks in fairness. I killed both of them a few times in my tank in the 2 rounds before BF4 crashed, and then when I joined their game later on, every time fruitloops peeked a corner she got destroyed by the enemy tank....repeatedly. I found it hilarious though :)

Dysfunctional certainly sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Dysfunctional certainly sounds about right.

True. We are one of the most dysfunctional groups around but on BF4 we kick ass as a squad the majority of the time!

keithc83 wrote: »
    True. We are one of the most dysfunctional groups around but on BF4 we kick ass as a squad the majority of the time!

Ugh, fine. I'll be Margot Robbie. You're all gonna regret putting me in hot pants though

• Advertisement

Our viking friend is only 17, so he may be a little immature at times......

whspJvC.jpg?1

Still not the most childish person we deal with :pac:

Is there a few of you around later for some BF4, or on this weekend? Wouldn't mind a few games but definitely not going lone wolf as it gets frustrating way too quickly! :p

By the way Darren, seen as you "nominated" yourself for taking the Margot Robbie role, does that mean we get to call you Tank Girl from here on out?! :pac:

I might be on Sunday night alright.

I'd prefer not to be called Tank Girl if I'm honest. Never mind the sex with kangaroos and substance abuse......I would like to think we can all appreciate the subtle differences between Robbie Margot and Lori Petty :pac: Harley Quinn all the way

I would like to think we can all appreciate the subtle differences between Robbie Margot and Lori Petty :pac: Harley Quinn all the way

We all definitely appreciate Robbie Margot! :D

Unfortunately i won't be on Sunday night, it'll just be tonight and tomorrow i'm online.

I just got home from work now and shattered but I should be on for most of the weekend.

Should be on Sunday night alright, just have to remind the rest of the family that I exist for a while.

Mostly drifting between Steam and PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Talking about max rank etc, my 5 year old son is max rank in star wars. His k/d is around .8/1 which for a 5 year old is mad. In certain game modes he regularly is MVP.

What's more interesting is that some adults could learn from him. He is totally PTFO and after playing Operation Firestorm myself last night I wonder if the contingent of snipers in the hills should get lessons from him :)

Tried joining ye last night but constant queue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Talking about max rank etc, my 5 year old son is max rank in star wars. His k/d is around .8/1 which for a 5 year old is mad. In certain game modes he regularly is MVP.

What's more interesting is that some adults could learn from him. He is totally PTFO and after playing Operation Firestorm myself last night I wonder if the contingent of snipers in the hills should get lessons from him :)

Tried joining ye last night but constant queue

Thats better than me I think :o

Yeah, its a busy server that ADHD one. A nice mixture of maps on it.
    There were 6 people in the queue at one stage when I was joining.

Myself and Darren were playing on the ADHD server last night after we hammered the ever-loving bejesus(Not to be confused with Bee Jesus) out of them, he (an Admin) restarted the server and it caused me to lose a battle-pack and usually when a server gets restarted it counts as a loss despite the Battle report telling you differently.

I'm really starting to get annoyed with ADHD as of late. Restarting the server last night and last week when myself and Keith got stuck on OP Metro as soon as the other team captured B all of a sudden all the ADHD guys on our team magically ended up on the Russian team and then proceeded to run around throwing C4 and bordering on spawn-killing by running behind C flag and being between the C flag spawn and the US Deployment.

Their rotation may be good despite having 2 Lockers and Metro but their admins are grade A assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

I'd still take their server than play vanilla. The fact there is only one decent server is my main gripe with BF4.

There is a rush server which is similar but I can remember the name off the top of my head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Anyone up for a few games tonight? I'm on now if ye're up for it...

GerB40 wrote: »
    Anyone up for a few games tonight? I'm on now if ye're up for it...

Yeah I'll be on a little later.

Yeah I'll be on a little later.

Time?

Time?

About half 9, 10ish I reckon.

About half 9, 10ish I reckon.

I might get an hours play so. Few games of rush?

Few games of rush?

Myself and Keith were actually talking about rush just the other night.

I might actually try and get into Rush again. It was almost an exclusive game-mode for me in Battlefield 3.

It's changed almost too much in Battlefield 4 but since the update that changed the rush solider and M-COM spawns, I think I only ever played 1 game and ended up getting spawn camped so I just quit out and haven't touched it since.

The only thing that would put you off rush was going up against a full stacked team especially Clans that owned servers and immediately kicked any non members over to the other team or out of the game.

Considering almost every Conquest games we've lost by minor margins, we can't seem to get the team to snap into order and end up losing every base we haven't been at to defend, there's only so many places we can all be at once without getting swarmed by a full squad.

The argument can be made that a full 5 squad could make a severe impact on a team of only 12 but the hard kick from that would be if some of the Rooftop crawlers transfer to Rush that it'll end up with the same story.

Might try next week but I've become very "tuned" to conquest game mode especially since my recent surge in tank use.

• Advertisement

I could be mistaken, but I think they've set a ceiling on certain Rush maps to prevent rooftop campers

I could be mistaken, but I think they've set a ceiling on certain Rush maps to prevent rooftop campers

If they have then that's a step in the right direction as I said I haven't played it in over a year so there's probably a few more changes unknown to me as I've brushed off most Rush patch notes.

Might be a change of pace, might be a waste of time. Who knows!

BF4 is my first battlefield game and I didn't really like rush either at first. But now it's great. Some of the newer maps seem to have been designed with rush in mind and they can be great games if you're lucky enough to find the right server.

I've only lately had chances to play BF4 and whatever changes they made seem to be mostly for the good. Next Wednesday I have 3 weeks off college and I'm diving head first back into battlefield, can't ****in wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Anyone up for some rush give me a shout, I find it a nice change from conquest.
    ps id: superdigzi

Myself and Chris played a bit of Rush last night..........didn't go well :pac: ha.

Team balancing is still very hit or miss in BF4 and especially noticeable in Rush. Without exaggeration, if neither myself nor Chris were on the MCOM, it didn't get armed or diffused. At one point on defence, we had 2 Squad mates camping the hills at the first MCOM while the enemy was attacking the second set. Absolutely infuriating. Thing is, if there had of been 3 or 4 of us working together, I reckon we would've steamrolled the server. It's still a weird game mode in BF4, every now and then you'll get a good back & forth competitive round but I still find most round are extremely one sided. Another problem is that because so many people leave the server after a bad beating, any rebalancing is reset and is a roll of the dice again.
    When it works, I love Rush. When it doesn't, it's horrifying :)

Positive note though, really looking forward to Wildland. Hopefully we'll start getting some more info with the Alpha up and running

Positive note though, really looking forward to Wildland. Hopefully we'll start getting some more info with the Alpha up and running

One of the few games that has peaked my interest in the last while. A good unique co-op shooter is what the current gen consoles need. If they release a beta and if it's not too clunky I might buy a bigger hard drive for my PS4.

Will be keeping a close eye on it we're probably looking towards a Christmas 2016 release knowing Ubisoft.

As for those rush games last night. I'll be surprised if I ever willingly find myself in a Rush lobby in the future.

As for those rush games last night. I'll be surprised if I ever willingly find myself in a Rush lobby in the future.

Ah don't be so dramatic. Just need more than 2 of us, that's all.

Ah don't be so dramatic. Just need more than 2 of us, that's all.

Because it would be too much to ask our team not to camp a hill 600 metres away from the objective.

Because it would be too much to ask our team not to camp a hill 600 metres away from the objective.

I think the kids these days call that a 'strategic overwatch' :pac:

• Advertisement

Handy reference

w00qhAX.png?1

Advertisement