Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

If it hasn't been seen already

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,078 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Guys, take the BF1 stuff over to the dedicated thread. This one is for PS4 clans discussion after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Anyone else a little...meh...after the trailer?? Or am I the only one?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

To me it didn't show much, in-engine trailers for 1 min can always be made to look great, but we all know that changes with actual gameplay, I'm positive it will look as good as battlefront on the graphics end, but i'm worried about the restrictions of world war I and been stuck to bi-planes and no choppers etc.

If the game is playable at the moment, i don't know why they decided to use no gameplay in the trailer at all, and i can't help but feel all these youtubers that be at these events just say good things to keep in the good graces of these companies.

I'll hold my judgement till i see gameplay and how all these innovative promises meld together and hope it doesn't sacrifice the gameplay we've known and loved to be different. We seen how great battlefront looked but just didn't have that longevity or single player. I think the single player will be ridiculously short as usually and focus on looking good then been good.

Until we see more!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

I came into the online world of FPS's with World at War a good few years back now but i've been hoping for an early setting for the new Battlefield. I know it will be a bit different with vehicles/weapons but if done correctly it will be a blast. I'm hoping when we see more of the in-game footage, the graphics/sounds will be something else!

Anyone up for some BF4 later as well? :)

• Advertisement

I think most of the YouTubers genuinely liked what they saw. I wouldn't give LvlCap must credit, but both Xfactor and Matimi0 have been critical regarding DICE in the past. The press guys all got to see exclusive gameplay and JackFrags has admitted he's already played it, on several different occasions. Presumably they're all under a NDA so obviously can't divulge too much. I'm just really on the fence about the whole thing.
    If I'm honest, I didn't want a WW1 game and I'm worried by how much attention seems to be given towards the melee combat. I'm delighted to see that the Assault class and the Medic have been separated, the dedicated vehicle class is welcomed as well. Lots of pros and cons, definitely not pre-ordering but still looking forward to the Beta.

*sigh*........just to keep this post "PS4 Clan" orientated.....yes Keith, I'll be on tonight :)

I think most of the YouTubers genuinely liked what they saw. I wouldn't give LvlCap must credit, but both Xfactor and Matimi0 have been critical regarding DICE in the past. The press guys all got to see exclusive gameplay and JackFrags has admitted he's already played it, on several different occasions. Presumably they're all under a NDA so obviously can't divulge too much. I'm just really on the fence about the whole thing.
    If I'm honest, I didn't want a WW1 game and I'm worried by how much attention seems to be given towards the melee combat. I'm delighted to see that the Assault class and the Medic have been separated, the dedicated vehicle class is welcomed as well. Lots of pros and cons, definitely not pre-ordering but still looking forward to the Beta.

*sigh*........just to keep this post "PS4 Clan" orientated.....yes Keith, I'll be on tonight :)

I unfortunately won't be able to get on tonight, lost my mum this day last week and had to defer all my exams from last week to this week coming so this weekend will be study time for me so will be stuck into that having a whole week of them, but i'll be finished exams within the next 2 weeks and will have a lot more free time to be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

SharpCoder wrote:
    I unfortunately won't be able to get on tonight, lost my mum this day last week and had to defer all my exams from last week to this week coming so this weekend will be study time for me so will be stuck into that having a whole week of them, but i'll be finished exams within the next 2 weeks and will have a lot more free time to be on.

Sorry to hear that Dermot. Hope you doing okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

I second what Paul said. Really sorry to hear that Dermot.

• Advertisement

SharpCoder wrote: »
    I unfortunately won't be able to get on tonight, lost my mum this day last week.

Very sorry to hear that.
    keithc83 wrote: »
    Anyone up for some BF4 later as well? :)

Will be knocking about.
    yes Keith, I'll be on tonight :)

Judging by last night, you're there even when you're not.

Also DICE pls
    GvVblf9.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Very sorry to hear that Dermot. My condolences to you and your family.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Judging by last night, you're there even when you're not.

What am I missing?

What am I missing?

A few messages here a few other there.

Having realised I've watched the Battlefield 1 trailer about 20 times, and countless reaction trailers as well.......I think I'm hyped :pac:

Having realised I've watched the Battlefield 1trailer about 20 times, and countless reaction trailers as well.......I think I'm hyped :pac:

I'll stick to being cautiously hyped.

I'll stick to being cautiously hyped.

Buzz kill

YCr6kQk.jpg?1

Buzz kill

Think you're confusing me with Emma

Think you're confusing me with Emma

Says the guy who didn't want to talk in chat for about an hour :pac:

Don't think I'll be on tonight :(

Says the guy who didn't want to talk in chat for about an hour :pac:

Don't think I'll be on tonight :(

Didn't talk to Claire at the very least - I was calling out people to you in the tank while you were muted

• Advertisement

Didn't talk to Claire at the very least - I was calling out people to you in the tank while you were muted

Yeah damn house full of noise. Ideally, I'd turn the ensuite into my own little gaming room. Sound proof it so I can scream obscenities.....or my theories on the sexual habits of other players mothers.......regardless of the time. Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone at a TV?

Turn on RTE 2 now, they are at that spot from BF4 with the big satellite in the middle....

Mental how close DICE got it...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Anyone at a TV?

Turn on RTE 2 now, they are at that spot from BF4 with the big satellite in the middle....

Mental how close DICE got it...

Few locations like it

Link : http://mp1st.com/2014/01/21/battlefield-4-maps-real-life/#.VzEHY8so_qA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

That's fúckin cool... The rogue transmission one is mind blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

GerB40 wrote: »
    That's fúckin cool... The rogue transmission one is mind blowing.

Yeah the programme had a guy at the Aricebo Observatory ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

is there many people here still playing bf4 on the ps4?

long time Xbox 1 guy here ive just picked bf4 up n the ps4 in the sale

dunworth1 wrote: »

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/7565896021935389562/

Normally, there's a few of us alright, seems to be picking up again as well. I'd normally be on at least once or twice a week, work depending, but I'm a little distracted with Metal Gear at the minute :pac:

What's your PS id anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

What's your PS id anyway?

psn: Dunworth1

• Advertisement

psn: Dunworth1

You're already on my list :p

you just never join us when we're on lol

Advertisement