Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Challenge Over

I have a Challenge which is a more or less and way more expanded version of Tier 1 in this but I might mix it with a Rush challenge I have just to make things a bit more varied. I'll be trying to refine it until I can find a proper server and/or my ISP copes onto themselves.

Finally completed one of these! :o
    Actually only got it finished last night with a few tank kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Many still playing on here? Seen it on sale so said I may as well get it and start playing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Luke92 wrote: »
    Many still playing on here? Seen it on sale so said I may as well get it and start playing again.

I only got it in November and always playing in games that are full. (On PS4)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Yup still a few lads that play it,not been on in a while myself must get back into it feel free to add us or u can join the clan/platoon if yis like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    tumblr_mrck5hods51srccnho1_500.gif

Don't be needy :p

Yeah still a few of us, put up your PSN and I'll add you or as Cobra said, you can join the IRL Platoon via Battlelog.

Homelessmidge

Should be on tonight and tomorrow.

Homelessmidge

Hmmm that psn looks familiar,were u not the 1st name down to join this clan :)........(looks back at the 1st posts) yup welcome back midge

cobraeire wrote: »
    Hmmm that psn looks familiar,were u not the 1st name down to join this clan :)........(looks back at the 1st posts) yup welcome back midge

Yeah was on for a bit. Realised how bad I am at the game and still love it :D

Homelessmidge

There was a recent cull on my PSN friends list and I think you were a victim cos I couldn't remember the last time you were ever on, ha. I'll add ya back.

Just checked there, you're still on my list but under your actual name, not your PSN id. Explains why I couldn't find ya :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

bf hardlines down to €16 standard edition, deluxe edition is €19.99

SharpCoder wrote: »

,said I'd never get it but a buddy said he would get me it for tenner

cobraeire wrote: »
    ,said I'd never get it but a buddy said he would get me it for tenner

you taking sexual favours again? :eek:

its an ok game for a score really.

you taking sexual favours again? :eek:

its an ok game for a score really.

No no no i`m a give not a taker you should know that ;)
    yeah i`ll give it a go ffs next ya know i`ll b playing cod :eek:
    sorry for the bad language

wsmNWDs.jpg?1

wsmNWDs.jpg?1

it's ok, you could do sexual favours to get it too lol

it's ok, you could do sexual favours to get it too lol

wsmNWDs.jpg?1

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Probably won't be online until Friday week, just to let ye know. Wouldn't mind getting a few games on the newer maps though that weekend if ye are up for that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Well i bought Hardline Premium last night for €30; seems fair value to assist me through to BF5 with BF4 of course.

I still think it is a good game, seems kinda the thing to do is to hate it but apart from the fact the players move at Usain Bolt speed and that I couldnt play the game for as long as BF4 given that it gets repetitive, it is still a good game.

Some very good ideas in it, e.g.

- heist mode
    - squad leader removal (YEAH!)
    - capture point indicator on mini map
    - no revival from headshot or melee kill
    - melee attacks are brilliant (love em)
    - separate side arms for each class
    - being able to grab ammo/medi pack on the go
    - removal of spawn beacon from recon class

I would think it is better than Battlefront and given how crap PS4 FPSs are id still have it as 2nd best, oddly enough. Says a lot of why is survives on console and failed on PC as no other FPS on console interests me... in fact no other shooter interests me.

• Advertisement

I don't know if you can just say that people hate Hardline because its the "thing to do". I don't like the game, personal opinion because its glorified cops and robbers, which just isn't for me. Its closer to COD than BF4 is imho and since i came from COD many moons ago i didn't really want to go back to that. Nothing against anyone playing it but its not for me.

The points you mentioned are definitely improvements and good to see. But an exceptional Squad Leader when working as a team, especially here with the guys in IRL, has been invaluable in a lot of our games. I still don't understand why they couldn't have implemented it in BF4 (as a separate mode for example) rather than going with a brand new game.

Battlefront for me is a game you might play for an hour or so and then leave for a while before going back. It does lack some serious content (pre-DLC maps for example).

hardlines, It's not really like cod at all, it's not quite bf4 either, it's got issues but it also has some great stuff too and can be just as fun, and at 16 quid, you'd pay more for a dominos pizza. It will tide me over till the next battlefield game, and mess about on.

battlefront is static and boring to me, only game mode that was anyway interesting was pod and even that got tiresome very quickly.

people will boycott hardlines regardless and it will never be the bf we're used to, but that doesn't make it a bad game, just one that got that caught up with the backlash of bf4 been a disaster at launch and taking 2 years to fix.

hardlines, It's not really like cod at all, it's not quite bf4 either, it's got issues but it also has some great stuff too and can be just as fun, and at 16 quid, you'd pay more for a dominos pizza. It will tide me over till the next battlefield game, and mess about on.

battlefront is static and boring to me, only game mode that was anyway interesting was pod and even that got tiresome very quickly.

people will boycott hardlines regardless and it will never be the bf we're used to, but that doesn't make it a bad game, just one that got that caught up with the backlash of bf4 been a disaster at launch and taking 2 years to fix.

Hardline is a game with much smaller maps, and is faster paced compared to BF4. I think that says closer to CoD all day. Its not exactly like CoD, just closer to that style of gameplay. And i prefer the more tactical side of BF4, albeit with the issues there too.

There are quite a few games out there around that price that would be interesting to play. I guess if you want an FPS fix than its a smaller pool to pick from, and i am sure you will have fun if you want to play Hardline or enjoy playing it, but you can get definitely get a good deal if you look around for recent FPS releases as well. And the developers in BF4 are still adding in content, or have been, recently too so its still going pretty strong.

I found a couple of game modes on Battlefront that i enjoy playing, but it is in short bursts when i do. It does get tiresome for me as well.

(played the new maps in Hardline last night and I must say they are really good... they look good and a nice size)

Some Hardline maps are massive compared to COD; also COD uses hitscan so no bullet drop, less recoil and less bullet deviation.

Hardline is more like BFBC2 than COD and the hipsters love that game (I loved it too, it was my first BF game but it had serious flaws and a serious amount of camping snipers, way more than now) with the maps being a similar size and while BFBC2 had tanks, the tanks weren't that prevalent because it was more infantry centric.

Hardline is a wierd one for me, there are those who hate the low TTK but those same people say they love Rainbox Six - a complete contradiction in terms of TTK at least. Then there are those who say BF4 is "bloated" but Hardline lacks content - it is bewildering for me. I think variety is great so BF4 isn't bloated for me. In Hardline I dont change gadgets at all really (bar 1) and it gets boring fast, in BF4 I change all the time (I am working on getting a mastery tag for the 3GL at the moment!)

BF4 is my favourite game ever with BF3 and BFBC2 2nd and 3rd so you can see my allegiances but given that DICE wont make more premium servers with random maps it makes vanilla the go to server and that is tiresome. There is a great server (ADHD i think) which usually have all maps in Conquest which is a saviour by the way.

(played the new maps in Hardline last night and I must say they are really good... they look good and a nice size)

Some Hardline maps are massive compared to COD; also COD uses hitscan so no bullet drop, less recoil and less bullet deviation.

Hardline is more like BFBC2 than COD and the hipsters love that game (I loved it too, it was my first BF game but it had serious flaws and a serious amount of camping snipers, way more than now) with the maps being a similar size and while BFBC2 had tanks, the tanks weren't that prevalent because it was more infantry centric.

Hardline is a wierd one for me, there are those who hate the low TTK but those same people say they love Rainbox Six - a complete contradiction in terms of TTK at least. Then there are those who say BF4 is "bloated" but Hardline lacks content - it is bewildering for me. I think variety is great so BF4 isn't bloated for me. In Hardline I dont change gadgets at all really (bar 1) and it gets boring fast, in BF4 I change all the time (I am working on getting a mastery tag for the 3GL at the moment!)

BF4 is my favourite game ever with BF3 and BFBC2 2nd and 3rd so you can see my allegiances but given that DICE wont make more premium servers with random maps it makes vanilla the go to server and that is tiresome. There is a great server (ADHD i think) which usually have all maps in Conquest which is a saviour by the way.

Prodigio Pete has a good video re BF5 just recently. He reviews when DICE issued news on BF3 and BF4 and interestingly enough it was before now.

Obviously this means within 4-5 weeks we should have an idea of what BF5 is about.

Can't wait; back to rank 0.

Prodigio Pete has a good video re BF5 just recently. He reviews when DICE issued news on BF3 and BF4 and interestingly enough it was before now.

Obviously this means within 4-5 weeks we should have an idea of what BF5 is about.

Can't wait; back to rank 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

• Advertisement

Rumours that Grand Bazaar is coming to the next DLC..............for Hardline :eek: :confused:

DICE pls :mad:

Advertisement