Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Yeah I watched a load of videos of game play and it looks good. Why they won't put these free maps in the vanilla map rotation is beyond me though. Reckon I've only played the community jungle map 2 or 3 times at most. Seems like a lot of wasted effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Yeah I watched a load of videos of game play and it looks good. Why the won't put these free maps in the vanilla map rotation is beyond me though. Reckon I've only played the community jungle map 2 or 3 times at most. Seems like a lot of wasted effort.

I really don't get it. The map is free and well planned out considering it came from the community itself. Some people don't like the map that's fair enough but only leaving the options to Vanilla - Separate DLC Expansions is just stupid. Even Zavod: Graveyard Shift I've seen servers with that map and version only in it, they wouldn't even add it the normal one to keep it from getting stale. Diversity is key and all that. Almost as bad as the 24/7 Metro Locker servers.

There will probably be loads of servers offering Dragon Valley for about a week then it will die down to the few Player owned servers.

That Mr.Norway Viking lad had a really nice mix of vanilla, Second Assault and Dragon's Teeth maps until he vanished.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

It's a pity though we had to depend on the community to put server's up that had a rotation of mixed maps. Even at this stage there are no servers from DICE/EA with mixed rotation. Very very poor on their part. It can't be that difficult to do considering any one who pays for a server can put in which ever map they want!

Just to confirm, the Challenge is active now, yeah? I'm off today so I plan on putting a dent in it, at least get the tank outta the way anyway

Just to confirm, the Challenge is active now, yeah? I'm off today so I plan on putting a dent in it, at least get the tank outta the way anyway

Yep. I was going to start it later since in now starts on the date but since you want to do it speedily enough I've pushed your stats through and I'll fill in the rest as I go.

Challenge Table

Challenge Details

• Advertisement

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Yep. I was going to start it later since in now starts on the date but since you want to do it speedily enough I've pushed your stats through and I'll fill in the rest as I go.

Challenge Table

Challenge Details

Much appreciated

.................eh think I'll wait till they give this away free in 6 months......

Holy sh¡ts that's ridiculous :pac:

I only know morse code from "Keep talking and nobody explodes". Albeit it's not exactly difficult to learn.

For this you need to have enough players to graph/record everything. I'm guessing a server will spawn and set little meetups for people to join then they'll get their code and go off on their own thing.

One thing I don't understand. In BF3 the top camo was Spec Ops Black which stopped the majority of your body being seen through thermal/infrared and judging by this screenshot this is a total mirror of it - Why is the DICE LA Camo white of all colours? - It's basically turning Battlefield soldiers into Battlefront Stormtroopers. Try getting this pure white camo and then running around in Zavod Graveyard Shift, you'll essentially be a walking thermal target.

Also speaking on Battlefield 3. I'm starting to wonder at this stage if LevelCap releases videos solely to be wrong at this point.

It's basically turning Battlefield soldiers into Battlefront Stormtroopers.........
    Also speaking on Battlefield 3. I'm starting to wonder at this stage if LevelCap releases videos solely to be wrong at this point.

OK so yeah, that is absolutely ridonculous what you have to do to unlock what is basically Dev Camo that has been available all along to them. What in the god damn world were they thinking when they came up with this Easter Egg?! If it was at least for something.....better.....that is a crap ton of work for camo!!! I mean who really cares about that?! And anyway like Darren said it will be given away free in a few months no doubt. Watching the video to unlock all the steps and code felt something like this:

Are you sure Chris you want to put that out there that LevelCap might be wrong...i mean we've found out (almost like a BF4 Easter Egg in itself!) through playing with Darren that he IS LevelCap. He even gives us insight before LevelCap releases the videos to the public! :pac:

Merry Christmas - Have a good one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Many happy returns and fúckin hell how cool is that video???

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Merry christmas people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Merry Christmas - Have a good one :D

Thats class. Have a good one lads.

Bah fu©kin humbug........from work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Any clans still going?
    PSN - MrBlobby_999

I'm on most nights from 10pm. I've only downloaded the free maps so far. Probably pick up the premium one later.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Any clans still going?
    PSN - MrBlobby_999

I'm on most nights from 10pm. I've only downloaded the free maps so far. Probably pick up the premium one later.

I hope to be on myself later. Normally a few of the other lads would be on as well. If you have a look at the clan on Battlelog, add a few of the lads.
    Do you have a headset? Makes coordinating much easier.

Nothings coming up under that PSN either

I hope to be on myself later. Normally a few of the other lads would be on as well. If you have a look at the clan on Battlelog, add a few of the lads.
    Do you have a headset? Makes coordinating much easier.

Nothings coming up under that PSN either

Yeah i've a mic.
    Is [IRL] IRL CLAN the name?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Yeah i've a mic.
    Is [IRL] IRL CLAN the name?

Yeah that's the one. Just accepted ya there. I'm currently awaiting my pizza and my cans of Monster to chill in the fridge. Should be on around half 10

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

My PSN is ManufacturedHero

Would love to get into a clan, love the game but solo play online is a bit hit and miss. I also can't fly for the love of all that is holy but good with everything else :)

Just picked up the premium version the other day but have been playing it about a few weeks.

Have a mic too.

Yeah that's the one. Just accepted ya there. I'm currently awaiting my pizza and my cans of Monster to chill in the fridge. Should be on around half 10

Probably be on around the same time.

• Advertisement

My PSN is ManufacturedHero

Would love to get into a clan, love the game but solo play online is a bit hit and miss. I also can't fly for the love of all that is holy but good with everything else :)

Just picked up the premium version the other day but have been playing it about a few weeks.

Have a mic too.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/7565896021935389562/

That's us. You up for a few rounds tonight?

Just watching a bit of football and then I'll be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sounds good. The game is still bloody installing for me though, thought it had finished. Had the disc edition but bought the digital premium there for €20 so had to delete and reinstall. It's at 69% for the full game install (campaign obviously at 100% which is useless).

Only reason I wouldn't make it on tonight is if this install doesn't go anywhere :mad:

EDIT: 30 minutes later and it's only up to 78% so might be another day for me I'm afraid, sorry.

Hopped into a quick game but had to leave since some people Turned up.

Post here next time you's are on and I'll join.

First came across Ravic and Mus1ck when I got into BF3, Mus1ck was stupidly good in talks if I remember correctly. The amount of hackusations they get is insane......makes great reading though :)

This is what I got on Monday night, ha ha

oukqQut.png?1

Up, up and away!

As smooth as sandpaper

Attack boat > Jet

Overkill

So this is the type of game this is gonna be

The salt is real

German Salt = Best salt

How this is an issue - I'll never know (Youtube)

Since this is a solid object in-game a helicopter could crash into it and be destroyed (Youtube) (Skip to 1:20 for glitch)

Battlefield 2016 leaked details states game has "futuristic traits" which would mean a pathway to Battlefield 2143. This is hitting close to the point that it will be ten years since BF 2142 was released this year.

A new Battlefield is already being rumored about (Before the next one has even been properly announced) and speculation is that it will return the game to it's roots which would be a World War 2 game. (I'd prefer a later-era game like Vietnam as we can get actual jungle environments now as seen in the Community maps but I'd have no problem with a WW2 game as long as they don't shove Wake Island down our throats (again)). But that's just a rumour - Battlefield 2016 could turn out to be a super-charged Bad Company 3 for all we know - Leaked details or not.

A WW2 or Vietnam set Battlefield game would be perfect for me. Too many FPS games have gone all futuristic lately, some way too much (won't name names but i think we know which one i mean :pac:).

The state of BF4 is now a lot better than how it was when released but it still would need quite a few tweaks to be perfect imho.

So here is hoping they can ensure the game works from the beginning, as well as implementing all the things that are good in BF4, and put them into the next game on launch.

giphy.gif

keithc83 wrote: »
    So here is hoping they can ensure the game works from the beginning, as well as implementing all the things that are good in BF4, and put them into the next game on launch.

The way they copy code is ridiculous though.

In Bad Company 1 and 2 there was an issue where if you had a pistol in your hands and tried to throw a medic kit/ ammo bag, it would just be held in your character's hands instead of thrown on the ground. In Battlefield 3 this wasn't an issue but when Battlefield 4 was released it was back to being a problem again (Since been fixed)

If they're copying code from previous installments hopefully they'll just rip the entirety of it from Battlefield 4. (Hardline would be too much work to improve on for the next advancement of the series)

Despite Battlefield 2016 being marked as a futuristic game - I don't think Respawn Entertainment will be too happy that a multi-platform shooter will be jumping into the ring since they have TitanFall 2 in development.

• Advertisement

Challenge Over

I have a Challenge which is a more or less and way more expanded version of Tier 1 in this but I might mix it with a Rush challenge I have just to make things a bit more varied. I'll be trying to refine it until I can find a proper server and/or my ISP copes onto themselves.

Advertisement