Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WC 2014 Brasil; Starts June 12th 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Whatever peoples opinions are on France Betvictor have Brazil to win the WC and Benzema top scorer @ 250-1. Seen a lot worse 250-1 shots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I don't know what to think of Brazil,they've some great players individually and did well in the Confederations Cup,set themselves a bit of a marker there.Can't help but think they might fall short though.
    They've a group of players that could definitely win big in time but as a whole they're still very young and fairly inexperienced.The likes of Oscar,Neymar and David Luiz are the next generation expected to win big things.There's a good chance they will,but the level of expectation on the likes of them this time round could prove too great I think.There's something building in the side no doubt but I don't see them as the dominant force,not favourites for me.The hosts label could prove to be as much of a hindrance as a help because the weight of expectation is massive at this point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Bump for info on Ivory Coast! Bony , drogba and yaya could cause some damage and their group looks pretty average. 10/11 to qualify looks good?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Stuck a euro e/w on Fred Benzema and Costa big spender i know :pac:

More to come!! Love betting on the big summer tournaments :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

What do ye think of Dzeko top scorer? Have seen 100s quoted. Assuming Argentina win out Group F, Bosnia should get 2nd imo. Iran and Nigeria the other 2 in the group. He is going into the tournament in decent form of late and is a guaranteed starter. Considering 5 goals won Golden Boot at the last 2 World Cups, I think it's good value.

Also, Bosnia's chances of going further? Assuming they get 2nd, they'd meet winners of Group E (likely France). They have a decent squad, with players all over Europe (Begovic, Pjanic, Ibisevic, Spahic). Will be keeping an eye on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

Bump for info on Ivory Coast! Bony , drogba and yaya could cause some damage and their group looks pretty average. 10/11 to qualify looks good?

They are 6/4 to beat Japan. Which they would probably need to win to guarantee qualification. I forgot about Bony playing for them, himself and Drogba will be quite a handful. I dont anything about Japan to be honest. I remember when they hosted with South Korea they done well but both teams got the rub of the green from the referees if i remember correctly.

I think there will be a real determination for the ivory coast players to make an impression at this world cup due to their failings in the past admittedly in the toughest groups in the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Brazil/Croatia straight forecast 2/1

Brazil speaks for itself. Modric and Rakatik are both excellent and I see them running games against Mexico and Cameroon.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭DB74

Just backed Mario Mandzukic for Top Goalscorer at 200/1 with Paddy Power. Couldn't understand the price given that he is a proven goalscorer and Croatia should qualify for the 2nd round at least

THEN ...

I learn that he is suspended for the Brazil match!!!!

FFS :mad::mad::mad::o

Next time I'm just going to give the bookie the money over the counter and not waste my time writing out a docket

That's the game he wasn't going to score in. You're only down maybe .3 of a goal on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Put on an accumulator of Mexico, Holland, Colombia, France, Argentina, Portugal, Belgium to qualify from their groups. Got around 15/2. Think they are all pretty safe except Mexico, but since they are South/Central American and its a World Cup in Brazil that inspired me to think they can edge out Croatia as Croatia's away form in qualifiying was quite poor.

Also, took Messi top scorer at 8/1, incredible odds really considering they play Bosnia, Nigeria and Iran in their group.

Argentina 5/1 to win it outright looks decent to me too.

And Argentina v Iran to be the highest scoring group game at 12/1, hoping for 5 or 6 goals from Argentina there.

Used PaddyPower for all of them bets, pretty sure i'd get better odds elsewhere though don't want to open many accounts.

• Advertisement

Put on an accumulator of Mexico, Holland, Colombia, France, Argentina, Portugal, Belgium to qualify from their groups. Got around 15/2. Think they are all pretty safe except Mexico, but since they are South/Central American and its a World Cup in Brazil that inspired me to think they can edge out Croatia as Croatia's away form in qualifiying was quite poor.

Also, took Messi top scorer at 8/1, incredible odds really considering they play Bosnia, Nigeria and Iran in their group.

And Argentina v Iran to be the highest scoring group game at 12/1, hoping for 5 or 6 goals from Argentina there.

Used PaddyPower for all of them bets, pretty sure i'd get better odds elsewhere though don't want to open many accounts.

The only place offering better odds on messi is paddy power. They have him enhanced to 9/1 at the moment.

Iran are very defensive, as a culture, and so is the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Austria! wrote: »
    The only place offering better odds on messi is paddy power. They have him enhanced to 9/1 at the moment.

Iran are very defensive, as a culture, and so is the manager.

888sport are 20/1 messi top goalscorer for new customers max stake 10euro

Good to see you here. Are you taking on much exposure to the world cup? I notice Spain is shortening recently. That's the kind of think you're looking for, I assume.

ew or single?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Holland isnt safe at all.

This tournament is coming too early for about 6 or 7 young players (core of the U17 team that won the U17 euro's 2x in a row a couple of years ago) and also for a couple of older players who really dont have a place in the squad anymore as far as i am concerned.

They will get nothing against Spain and Chile and the H2H against Australia is 0-2-1.

I did put a fair amount of money on Holland not to get out of the group @2.37 the day Strootman did his knee and was out of the WC.

There is a very talented group of players available but this comes too early.
    Too bad they appointed Hiddink as van Gaals successor for 2 years after which he will be replaced by Danny Blind.
    So the next few years we have a has been in charge followed by a never will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Austria! wrote: »
    Good to see you here. Are you taking on much exposure to the world cup? I notice Spain is shortening recently. That's the kind of think you're looking for, I assume.

Hello Sir , only had one bet so far USA to qualify from Group G at 16/5 lads, not sure if still available.

Going to have a good luck at World Cup soon , been busy with puncherstown , chester and now York.

Hello Sir , only had one bet so far USA to qualify from Group G at 16/5 lads, not sure if still available.

Wouldn't have touched it at that price. I think Portugal are a serious dark horse this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Uruguay at 25/1 looks okay, might throw a fiver down.

Really, really don't fancy Brazil to do well, wouldn't surprise me if they get knocked out in the round of 16.

DB74 wrote: »
    Just backed Mario Mandzukic for Top Goalscorer at 200/1 with Paddy Power. Couldn't understand the price given that he is a proven goalscorer and Croatia should qualify for the 2nd round at least

THEN ...

I learn that he is suspended for the Brazil match!!!!

FFS :mad::mad::mad::o

Next time I'm just going to give the bookie the money over the counter and not waste my time writing out a docket

Still doesn't sound like a bad bet tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Bet of the tournament for me is France to score over 6.5 goals at evens
    A few other similar ones that catch my eye is Argentina over 10.5 @ evens and Portugal over 5.5 @ 5/6

Anyone else fancy these?

• Advertisement

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    A few other similar ones that catch my eye is Argentina over 10.5 @ evens and Portugal over 5.5 @ 5/6

Anyone else fancy these?

Not the Argentina one anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Not the Argentina one anyway..

Its a lot but if they can get 7 or so in the group and go as I think they will it has a good chance. Certainly with their forwards think it has a chance

Its a lot but if they can get 7 or so in the group and go as I think they will it has a good chance. Certainly with their forwards think it has a chance

Very stingy odds though, they only managed 10 in South Africa and they had an easy enough group that time as well. It would sound okay at 2/1 or 3/1 but at evens I wouldn't touch it.

Croatia to score over 3.5 is 4/6, I'd fancy that coming up.

Honduras vs Iran in the final is 1000/1, banker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Iran lowest scoring team 9/2

Anyone else fancy these?

Not that Portugal one. Germany are good. The US are organised. The only goal scorer for Portugal is ronaldo. Better off backing him for golden boot than portugal over 5.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Belgium and / or Columbia to reach the semi-finals (11/4 and 9/2) seems quite good to me

Belgium and / or Columbia to reach the semi-finals (11/4 and 9/2) seems quite good to me

Not getting the Colombia love.Their centre half pairings look fairly dodgy,Zapata might start centre-half but if he doesn't it'll likely be Yepes and Perea,a 38 year old and 35 year old.Bundles of experience but not they could be found wanting for pace.
    Besides that Falcao has no game time and is even doubtful for the whole competition.That leaves a handful of talented players playing on their own continent,couple of good things going their way but I think they'll need a big slice of luck to get that far.
    Belgium have the squad but the value's gone for me.First time on the big stage looking forward to watching them but no bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Anybody know much about Iran? They're supposedly very defensive.

Interests me a bit as they're the highest odds out of any team at 150/1 to concede the least goals. Considering Nigeria are no world beaters and if Iran are very good defensively they could possibly keep Argentina, Nigeria and Bosnia to maybe 3/4 goals overall and go out in the group, extremely unlikely but 150/1 could be value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

That market will probably end in a dead heat, what would the rules be there?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement