Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - Marlay Park, June 2014!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭callmepetardu

I can't believe it! Such a good line up, missed the Pixies in the Olympia.

They've gotten Paz Lenchantin in to replace Kim 1 and Kim 2 for the tour, which is just unbelievable. Two of my favourite bands and one of my favourite bassists - I don't see a downside to this at all :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Guessing they are doing the 30,000 capacity venue for this gig instead of the 22,000(like Guetta/Kasabian/Green Day)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

holy ****!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭emo72

Woah. This looks top class. I hope the tickets are affordable. Getting tickets for 3 or 4 people 2 weeks before Christmas will really hurt me. Bad time to be paying for something now and not using until next June.

Other than that everything is hunky dory.

13 December according to pixies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Have to get myself to this gig.

Are any of you more experience gig goers able to tell me how you'd expect a potential pre-sale to work? I'v only ever used a pre-sale code for the O2 as an O2 customer. Should I sign up to the Arcade Fire mailing list or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Morrison J wrote: »
    Have to get myself to this gig.

Are any of you more experience gig goers able to tell me how you'd expect a potential pre-sale to work? I'v only ever used a pre-sale code for the O2 as an O2 customer. Should I sign up to the Arcade Fire mailing list or something?
    Think if you pre-ordered Reflektor you got a code that could be redeemed for any pre-sale ticket offers...not 100% on this but that's the only way you could get pre-sale on the London gigs

Doing London & Dublin now:D...what a line-up for Marlay...wow!

1477363_10152102978874548_1438568643_n.jpg

Tickets are €61.50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

Is this an MCD gig?

Well impressed with the Pixies as special guest! Be great if they added a couple more acts to the bill, make a full day of it.

lc180 wrote: »
    Is this an MCD gig?

Well impressed with the Pixies as special guest! Be great if they added a couple more acts to the bill, make a full day of it.

Yup MCD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭sporina

do you think that this will sell out fast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Yes. Two fantastic bands that people are fanatical about playing together with the tickets going on sale before Xmas (perfect present for that muso-nerd partner who's always "so tough to buy for!").
    Maybe not before Xmas day, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they were gone in an hour or two. I know a few people besides myself who'll be getting up early on Friday or dodging the first few minutes of work to F5 just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭Toast

Given the lack of warning and the cash strapped time of the year etc etc I'd hazard it might not sell out straight away... whenever Xmas payday is (20th?) will probably finish it off for the first round. MCD will probably sit on a few for release in June but I wouldn't count on them. If you can get them get them would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Any kindly soul have a spare presale code?

Ordered the album on 25th, and it seems the presale codes only went to those who had ordered before 24th :(

Eternal gratitude if you can help a brother out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭vumpireofkid

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Any kindly soul have a spare presale code?

Ordered the album on 25th, and it seems the presale codes only went to those who had ordered before 24th :(

Eternal gratitude if you can help a brother out..

Did you have to order the album directly from AFs website to get the presale code? I ordered in on Amazon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Did you have to order the album directly from AFs website to get the presale code? I ordered in on Amazon :(

Think so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Yeah the pre-sale codes were only for pre-orders from the AF website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

It WILL sell out extraordinarily quickly. Every time AF play Ireland they sell out quickly.

And they're a band that are getting bigger with every album.
    Throw in THE PIXIES and Wow. Amazing line up. You could say AF could support them, that's how big a band they are.

I know capacity is much bigger and Pixies played recently but if I could pick 1 gig to go to all year this would be it. And others would think the same. (I can't make it though and also can't make Pixies in Cork the following night.gutted doesn't fully describe my uber guttedness.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Presale codes sent out overnight. Starts 9am tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

sporina wrote: »
    do you think that this will sell out fast?

Are ducks fond of water?

They'll be gone in a flash. No doubt the touts will be all over this aswell especially if AF only play one irish show in 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭Toast

Touts will only be over it if people get desperate. Whenever it sells out hold your horses. I'd bet there'll be SOME tickets rereleased on ticketmaster before the show. Hell that's how I got to see them in the infamous Olympia show. Also touted tickets only get cheaper closer to the date so really no rush. Not to mention on a show with this sort of capacity there is always a good background noise level of people who can't go that'll provide a steady stream of tickets onto the legit resale sites.

I'd need to know the capacity (and how much of it is actually being sold on Friday) but if its in the 25k range I really can't see it selling out straight off just because of the concentrated age of the fanbase and their common financial issues (and the time of year that compounds that). Don't forget most people don't have to buy one ticket... it'll be two at least and after all the various charges you're 140 euro out.

Also just to note both Rufus Wainwright and Elbow just announced gigs (which I imagine will be on sale fairly soon) and they're in smaller venues and have a fair amount of fan crossover. I wouldn't recommend people put off buying AF tickets based on my hunch but if you think you'll be stuck to get them on Friday there is hope it won't fly out the door in my mind. I do think that it'll most likely sell out (minus a bunch held back) within a week (especially after people get paid for the month) though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭paulbok

What are the chances of a second gig if when the 1st sells out in an hour?

I'd imagine a lot of people who were holding out for the EP early bird tickets this week will jump on these instead for Xmas pressies

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

This is the one time I'm glad that I get paid on the 15th (13th this month)!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

paulbok wrote: »

I'd imagine a lot of people who were holding out for the EP early bird tickets this week will jump on these instead for Xmas pressies

Depends on the capacity.

Green Day with Paramore didn't sell out the 23k part of Marley Park so I don't think Arcade Fire would.

As said if your really stuck you can always try looking for tickets closer to the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

karaokeman wrote: »

Green Day with Paramore didn't sell out the 23k part of Marley Park so I don't think Arcade Fire would.

I think Arcade Fire/Pixies have a hell of a lot more pulling power than Greenday/Paramore...

maximoose wrote: »
    I think Arcade Fire/Pixies have a hell of a lot more pulling power than Greenday/Paramore...

Yea and Green Day had played the O2(and maybe belfast ) the sept before and are not as big as they used to be. Id say it will sell fairly well about 80/85% tickets gone on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

paulbok wrote: »

Pretty likely I'd say, happened a few weeks ago with Earl's Court after the first one sold out almost instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

Can anyone help out with a presale link/password. I believe they're generic codes, not one time use codes as this was the case in the States.

Preorder on iTunes, damn you Apple!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

If its 30k capacity no way it's selling out that fast. Relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The fact that it's in Marlay Park would suggest that even MCD aren't sure of how many tickets will sell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

8-10 wrote: »
    Pretty likely I'd say, happened a few weeks ago with Earl's Court after the first one sold out almost instantly.

A second AF/Pixies show might be harder to do logistically.

To me, it sounds like 29th is the only date that both of them could play, I would imagine that ordinarily there'd be 2 separate shows for them ( == more €€€).

Advertisement