Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

bret69 wrote: »
    Just booked Vegas for Conor's fight!

Staying at the MGM too.

Will be amazing to be there & to see Jones v Gus 2 as well.

Flights expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,234 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Flights expensive?

I was pricing last night, cheapest I found was about €600

Hotels dirt cheap, can stay somewhere like the Luxor for about €120 for 3 nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Staying at the MGM too.

Very jealous, have a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Staying at the MGM too.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but.......
    http://m.uk.ufc.com/news/Jones-Gustafsson-2-Postponed-DC-gets-Title-Shot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

El Guapo! wrote: »

Ah noooooo!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,133 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Hmm, now I'm confused. Looks like top half is overall but bottom half is UFC.

I'm in Vegas in September, albeit 3 weeks before this. Shame, as this would have been awesome.

The fight record is his entire record.
    Wins/Loses/TKOs/Subs

The fight metrics are UFC fights only, because fight metric doesn't cover Cage Wars. Those stats are always UFC only for all fighters, pretty standard.

So yeah, you were an ass. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Ah noooooo!! :(

Ah pants!

Hope the injury is not too bad and we get to see this fight soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭osl

Better fight IMO. I thought Jones looked pretty sluggish the first time around and expected him to handle Gus this time. Cormier is a different animal altogether. Can see him dictating the whole fight, and the smack talk should be epic as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I really like D.C. - Comes across like an absolute character.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I really like D.C. - Comes across like an absolute character.

I asked Forrest about DC last week when i was playing the UFC game with him, said hes an absolute hero and that his TV persona doesnt do him justice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Hahaha, that's gonna' be some read!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Edsonbarboza

Coach Kavanagh @John_Kavanagh · 14m
    So I go away for a few days and you're now writing a book? @TheNotoriousMMA

Gotta love their relationship :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 begood20000

Staying at the MGM too.

Where did you book it? On ebookers the flights and staying in the MGM are both coming in at €985.98 for Thursday 25th - Monday 29th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Lyaiera wrote: »

No mention of who is writing it for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭RoboRat

No mention of who is writing it for him.

Conor is, whilst fighting, the final chapter will be a live documentary of how he beats Aldo :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,234 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Where did you book it? On ebookers the flights and staying in the MGM are both coming in at €985.98 for Thursday 25th - Monday 29th

Don't stay in the mgm. It's not a particularly swanky hotel. Luxor for the same 4 nights would cost you about €150 and it's only over the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 begood20000

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Don't stay in the mgm. It's not a particularly swanky hotel. Luxor for the same 4 nights would cost you about €150 and it's only over the road.

The Luxor is actually cheaper at €858.86

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Conor_McGregor_and_Conor_Nagle_small.jpg

Conor looks quite big in this photo

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Thought that myself srumball...I reckon the two chicks in the background are waiting patiently for his autograph!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Christ bit ridiculous him writing a book now, like a footballer who writes one after a couple of half decent seasons, surely save it for when your career is over and you actually have more than 3-4 stories to tell.

Big Conor fan by the way, not having a go at him, if your being offered money to do this sort of thing then go for it but it annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'd say that it's not only a deal to have him write a book right now (which will sell big because of his popularity a the moment) but it's also a way for Gill & McM to grab him now before he potentially becomes world champ and is a household name!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I'd say that it's not only a deal to have him write a book right now (which will sell big because of his popularity a the moment) but it's also a way for Gill & McM to grab him now before he potentially becomes world champ and is a household name!

Exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Christ bit ridiculous him writing a book now, like a footballer who writes one after a couple of half decent seasons, surely save it for when your career is over and you actually have more than 3-4 stories to tell.

Big Conor fan by the way, not having a go at him, if your being offered money to do this sort of thing then go for it but it annoys me.

He strikes me as the kind of lad who does not say no to a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Vegas is amazing and I thoroughly enjoyed New York New York as a hotel. Wherever it is will be grand as long as it's not Circus Circus.

As a lad who held two world titles in Cage Warriors, at two different weight classes, and was the first Irishman to sign for the UFC and win and as the first Irishman to headline a UFC event, I think his book will be great.

Regardless of competition, being a world champion is something you should be proud of. I would love to read about that journey to both those CW belts, and embarking in to the UFC. And if he makes a few bob from it as well, fair play. Seems the lad can't put a foot right for some people. But then again, I'm sure he's truly bothered by those behind the keyboards!

As a lad who held two world titles in Cage Warriors, at two different weight classes, and was the first Irishman to sign for the UFC and win and as the first Irishman to headline a UFC event, I think his book will be great.

Regardless of competition, being a world champion is something you should be proud of. I would love to read about that journey to both those CW belts, and embarking in to the UFC. And if he makes a few bob from it as well, fair play. Seems the lad can't put a foot right for some people. But then again, I'm sure he's truly bothered by those behind the keyboards!

Was Tom "TheTank" Egan not the first Irish man in the UFC?

srumball wrote: »
    Was Tom "TheTank" Egan not the first Irish man in the UFC?

G'wan and read it again. First Irish man to sign for the UFC and win. I'll wait for ya.

G'wan and read it again. First Irish man to sign for the UFC and win. I'll wait for ya.

Check and mate

• Advertisement

srumball wrote: »
    Check and mate

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate." :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement