Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

tBplPCI.jpg

Thank God Conor doesn't have to cut that much height anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Looks like his reach as well as his height has increased too since his last fight...

A sneak peak into his new training regime:

6hPHDCZ.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

srumball wrote: »
    tBplPCI.jpg

Thank God Conor doesn't have to cut that much height anymore!

God Bless the Pro Wrestling "We're giving him a push so we got to give him a growth spurt as well." gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    God Bless the Pro Wrestling "We're giving him a push so we got to give him a growth spurt as well." gimmick.

The most recent pic on the top looks like its CGI Conor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    The most recent pic on the top looks like its CGI Conor

Yeah his face does look off compared to the other two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

BREAKING NEWS. Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier is official! September 27th! Las Vegas!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Maestro84 wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS. Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier is official! September 27th! Las Vegas!

Woah didn't expect that fight to come around that quickly. 2 month turnaround for Conor. Granted he took very little damage last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Excellent news. Huge test for him, he'll have to be in the top 5 if he wins. Then maybe one more fight away from a title shot. Poirier is excellent but I really believe Conor can beat him. Going to be huge build up too, they seem to genuinely dislike each other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Edsonbarboza

Im not a Mcgregor fanboy or anything of the sort but I seriously think hes going to put a serious beat down on Porier,what has porier done so good that makes him an extra hard fight hes beaten the like of eric koch and corasani both going no where in the ufc lost to cub danny castillo and the korean zombie all his toughest fights he lost every one them

Easy win for Conor dont give Dustin a chance against the hottest prospect in the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Im not a Mcgregor fanboy or anything of the sort but I seriously think hes going to put a serious beat down on Porier,what has porier done so good that makes him an extra hard fight hes beaten the like of eric koch and corasani both going no where in the ufc lost to cub danny castillo and the korean zombie all his toughest fights he lost every one them

Easy win for Conor dont give Dustin a chance against the hottest prospect in the division.

This is exactly my thinking, I honestly see another first round KO by Conor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

i have learned not to bet against Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Is there a link to confirm this please??

John_D80 wrote: »
    Is there a link to confirm this please??

Any mma news site?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

dave1982 wrote: »
    Any mma news site?

I'm checking my usual sand nothing posted yet that I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Conor McGregor ‏@TheNotoriousMMA 15m
    Tell Jon I'm taking a cut of his PPV.

:D

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/conor-mcgregor-vs-dustin-poirier-added-to-ufc-178-in-las-vegas

• Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Whats your usual? This is everywhere :pac:

This card will undoubtedly do the best numbers of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Corassani had Poirier badly hurt in the first round of their fight but he was reluctant to jump in and finish him when he had the chance. Really let Poirier off the hook. Poirier is a good fighter though no doubt but he is not hard to hit. If Conor catches him early (and I believe he will) there will be no hesitation in trying to finish him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭splashthecash

This is the guy I wanted him to get next - it is gonna be a doozey!!

http://m.uk.ufc.com/news/McGregor-Poirier-UFC-178

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

This is the guy I wanted him to get next - it is gonna be a doozey!!

http://m.uk.ufc.com/news/McGregor-Poirier-UFC-178
    DP is a quality, quality fighter. Not like anybody Mcgregor has beaten thus far.

Anybody considering going over for this?

Corassani had Poirier badly hurt in the first round of their fight but he was reluctant to jump in and finish him when he had the chance. Really let Poirier off the hook. Poirier is a good fighter though no doubt but he is not hard to hit. If Conor catches him early (and I believe he will) there will be no hesitation in trying to finish him.

Yep, very very hesitant to go in for the kill,McGregor on the other hand would have swarmed on him imo.

http://mmavstemp.blogspot.ie/2014/04/dustin-poirier-vs-akira-corassani-tuf.html

About 3.15 in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Gonna be in Vegas on the 29th. Sickened I'm just missing out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,679 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dustin tweeted

"If you build them, I will come."

Eeeeeeeeewwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Poirier is a top class fighter.
    This is certainly not an easy fight for Conor.

If he can beat him convincingly he's in the top 5 and 1-2 fights from a title shot.
    Cannot wait for it already.

Wonder how the bookies will price it?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

I think people in this thread are making the mistake of looking at Dustin's resume rather than at how he fights. He is a great scrambler and always comes forward, with sick BJJ and a lot of power behind his punches. He's been in the UFC for a long time now and will relish this opportunity with a full camp and build up.

He has been relatively susceptible to getting stunned in the 1st round. I see that as the major way for Conor to win this fight. Otherwise he might be in over his head if he lets Poirier settle into the fight and god forbid let it go to the ground.

In any case, this is the People's main event for UFC 178 :D

Has anyone here gone to events in Vegas yet? Whats it like tickets wise? Think a few of us will be heading over for 3/4 days as its coming up the same priceish as another holiday we were looking at for them dates. How difficult would it be getting tickets for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Delighted with that match-up. He leaves himself open standing up and despite being ranked #6 he doesn't have any big wins, just a couple of hardfought losses against Cub and Chan. Akira Corassani had him rocked in round 1 and he's bang average.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement