Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project CARS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nialinius

Thinking about getting it at some point during the week, mainly because they have LMP cars, something that iRacing lacks unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'm told that there are loads of people playing on the PS4 already.

##**~~##'s!

There is loads of people streaming it on twitch am not sure if its on pc or console tho,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Snook an early copy somewhere?

So my buddy reckons, small independent stores will break the street date for good ccustomers apparently.
    I might try slide a fiver across the counter of my local Gamestop tomorrow, hopefully the guy behind it is broke after the bank holiday weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

So my buddy reckons, small independent stores will break the street date for good ccustomers apparently.
    I might try slide a fiver across the counter of my local Gamestop tomorrow, hopefully the guy behind it is broke after the bank holiday weekend!

Wow this early...

I have it pre-ordered from cdkeys.com so waiting for the code from them.. Thursday I'd say!

Wow this early...

I have it pre-ordered from cdkeys.com so waiting for the code from them.. Thursday I'd say!
    Yeah same as that. I'm crazy busy with work all this week and I even went in on Saturday and today to try give myself a bit of a window so I can play the game as much as possible when I get it!

• Advertisement

Yeah same as that. I'm crazy busy with work all this week and I even went in on Saturday and today to try give myself a bit of a window so I can play the game as much as possible when I get it!

Going to a wedding next Saturday so I will only get Thursday and Friday eve really,

Any steam lads up for a few races online add me :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone planning to play without wheel on whatever format really should consider investing in a wheel, i cant stress the difference it makes to a racing sim and you will get years of service from a good wheel.

Preload is available on steam,still waiting on my key from GMG.

Meanwhile some nice PC gameplay of LMP1 racing.

Dcully wrote: »
    Anyone planning to play without wheel on whatever format really should consider investing in a wheel, i cant stress the difference it makes to a racing sim and you will get years of service from a good wheel.

Preload is available on steam,still waiting on my key from GMG.

Meanwhile some nice PC gameplay of LMP1 racing.

Im half tempted to buy a wheel, It just the seat set up is not really viable and I find it annoying not really having the plug and play simplicity of a controller. I was nearly going to buy a logitech G27 at the weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

It will never be as good as assetto corsa for driving feel and physics but ive just preordered it on GMG for €37
    AC it may not be but for a game containing a decent physics engine and a tonne of content it has to be worth €37.

To be fair, there's a ridiculous amount of snobbery and willy waving about physics, when the debate can fairly subjective from person to person. What feels natural to one person, may not feel natural to another. The FailRace video seems like a fairly unbiased comparison using the same tracks/cars. They clearly said a number of times that the physics are so close, that they would find it difficult to tell the difference between the games, if they did not know which was which.

That to me, along with a good few years of community input, makes me think that the physics will be better than just decent. I'll reserve full judgement until I've actually played it though. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm just getting it in Smyths, so I doubt I'll have any hope of playing it early.

Im half tempted to buy a wheel, It just the seat set up is not really viable and I find it annoying not really having the plug and play simplicity of a controller. I was nearly going to buy a logitech G27 at the weekend..

The Playseat Challenge could be a good option, seeing as it's supposed to be fairly stable and can fold away. I'm not sure what the price is at the moment, but when I was buying a racing seat, it was reasonable(ish). I know a lot of people (me included), don't have space to have a permanent setup, hogging up a TV or 3 monitors just for racing. I ended up getting the Evolution which doesn't really fold away, but at least I can drag it over to an in-offense spot out of the way when I want to play something else.

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    The Playseat Challenge could be a good option, seeing as it's supposed to be fairly stable and can fold away. I'm not sure what the price is at the moment, but when I was buying a racing seat, it was reasonable(ish). I know a lot of people (me included), don't have space to have a permanent setup, hogging up a TV or 3 monitors just for racing. I ended up getting the Evolution which doesn't really fold away, but at least I can drag it over to an in-offense spot out of the way when I want to play something else.

My heart used to break waiting for my other half to go to bed so that I could set up my rig for a race.
    Finally I said enough is enough and I saved up and bought myself a nice new TV and set myself up in a little nook in the kitchen.
    You can't put a price on being able to play whenever you get bit of spare time, as rare as that is!

Really good stream and streamer running live here now, taking requests for track/car combos

http://www.twitch.tv/jplays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Project cars is great...but the menu is a mess and far too complicated. It has a lot of potential.

Played about an hour or so, tested a few cars and tracks to get a feel for it and see how much its changed.
    Physics have come on in a big way,i really like when you lose grip its progressive and not a case of grip just falling off a cliff, this adds so much to the simulation experience and imo PCARS does this better than any other sim.
    We all knew the graphics were going to be great,im runing on ultra on an ultrawide monitor @ 2560X1080 and it looks absolutely incredible,no framerate loss even with 30+ cars on the grid.
    Sound is pretty good too but the AI needs work especially the first lap or two.
    Force feedback also seems to be improved atleast for me on G27 wheel i havent read many forums around the net to see what other wheel users are experiencing but id imagine all are seeing improvements.

Overall im very happy with it,such a huge amount of racing content in a single package,infinite replayability in this guys, oh and the physics are really nice now :P

Anyone spending their hard earned cash on this , please for the sake of your own enjoyment and the sake of PCARS try if at all possible to invest in a wheel for your format of choice,turn off all aids and enjoy PCARS as intended, nobody plays golf with an ice hockey stick or hurling with a snooker cue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Dcully, compared to Assetto Corsa, how do the physics stack up? I wasn't going to bother with this at all having played the beta that was out around xmas.

The reviews so far are kind of mixed with a lot comparing the physics to Forza, which isn't a bad thing, but puts it in the arcade/sim category instead of a straight sim. If that's true do you reckon there is enough depth to keep you happy? Have you tried online yet, if so is it any use?

I understand if it takes a few days to answer any of that. :p

Played about an hour or so, tested a few cars and tracks to get a feel for it and see how much its changed.
    Physics have come on in a big way,i really like when you lose grip its progressive and not a case of grip just falling off a cliff, this adds so much to the simulation experience and imo PCARS does this better than any other sim.
    We all knew the graphics were going to be great,im runing on ultra on an ultrawide monitor @ 2560X1080 and it looks absolutely incredible,no framerate loss even with 30+ cars on the grid.
    Sound is pretty good too but the AI needs work especially the first lap or two.
    Force feedback also seems to be improved atleast for me on G27 wheel i havent read many forums around the net to see what other wheel users are experiencing but id imagine all are seeing improvements.

Overall im very happy with it,such a huge amount of racing content in a single package,infinite replayability in this guys, oh and the physics are really nice now :P

Anyone spending their hard earned cash on this , please for the sake of your own enjoyment and the sake of PCARS try if at all possible to invest in a wheel for your format of choice,turn off all aids and enjoy PCARS as intended, nobody plays golf with an ice hockey stick or hurling with a snooker cue :)

I think you wil find that most people will have different levels of enjoyment they get from a game personally myself i cant wait to get this going on my ds4 pad feeling the rumble threw my hands and flicking that anlouge stick left and right while looking at the back end of an e30 flying about track in last place after been overtaken by every tom dick and harry, ill keep the realisim to taking my bike out at the weekend or going karting or hotrods or i could go mondello park :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cant wait for amazon to deliver my ps4 version. I would of got it for pc but iracing has turned me off pc racing. Now im a casual racer again.

Hopefully my g27 will work someday on ps4

I'm on the PS4 using a T80. the wheel is better than a pad . Anpost have my T100 and it should be with me tomorrow...hopefully.

I had a G27 that I sold last week ,but tbh ,all the messing about setting the wheel up in the kitchen on my pc put me off it...so I went the console route. Its nice to see that MD left the gfx settings open in the PS4 version and there is plenty of tweeking to be done.

I'm grinding the campaign at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Enjoying it so far. Took a while to get used to after playing Forza so much.

Right...I'm now having big issues with steering input. Every little input seems to be set at 11 . I can't even go in a straight line. I might just try a controller again and see how that goes for the time been.

The net seems to be full of steering bugs been reported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I'm on the PS4 using a T80. the wheel is better than a pad . Anpost have my T100 and it should be with me tomorrow...hopefully.

I had a G27 that I sold last week ,but tbh ,all the messing about setting the wheel up in the kitchen on my pc put me off it...so I went the console route. Its nice to see that MD left the gfx settings open in the PS4 version and there is plenty of tweeking to be done.

I'm grinding the campaign at the moment.

Is the T100 compatible with PS4? Thrustmaster website says PC/PS3.

superg wrote: »
    Is the T100 compatible with PS4? Thrustmaster website says PC/PS3.

Yehh. just the share and d-pad does not function properly.

Hmmm, I have pre-ordered online and I'm due to collect it my local Smyths. The pre-order email I got at the time said "we will send you another email closer to the time". I would have expected to hear something by now on it. It's the day before the official UK & Ireland launch date which is pretty fecking close to the time. Hopefully they have my copy and it has the pre-order content.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Hmmm, I have pre-ordered online and I'm due to collect it my local Smyths. The pre-order email I got at the time said "we will send you another email closer to the time". I would have expected to hear something by now on it. It's the day before the official UK & Ireland launch date which is pretty fecking close to the time. Hopefully they have my copy and it has the pre-order content.

I would of thought you would too mate id be on to them first thing in morning.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think you wil find that most people will have different levels of enjoyment they get from a game personally myself i cant wait to get this going on my ds4 pad feeling the rumble threw my hands and flicking that anlouge stick left and right while looking at the back end of an e30 flying about track in last place after been overtaken by every tom dick and harry, ill keep the realisim to taking my bike out at the weekend or going karting or hotrods or i could go mondello park :):)

As one reviewer states

"To get the full enjoyment out of any racing sim – a FFB wheel is highly recommended. Without one, you will never truly experience the true immersion a racing sim can provide. That is not to say you cannot rack up some impressive lap times with a controller but it will not be nearly as fun. - "

I begged the girl behind the counter in Gamestop to give me my copy this evening but she was not for turning!
    I'm not liking the sounds of what I've heard from some wheel users so far. I hope if there is something wrong it gets patched very quickly.
    Any one on PS4 that wants to add me, it's TitzonToast, same as here.
    I'd be very interested in sharing tuning settings and wheel settings too.
    I have a Fanatec myself.
    Enjoy your racing lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yehh. just the share and d-pad does not function properly.

Good to know, thought I had to save up 350 quid to get the T300RS so I could have a wheel that would work on the PC and my PS4.

As one reviewer states

"To get the full enjoyment out of any racing sim – a FFB wheel is highly recommended. Without one, you will never truly experience the true immersion a racing sim can provide. That is not to say you cannot rack up some impressive lap times with a controller but it will not be nearly as fun. - "

I wasn't referring too the pad as been the cause of me been in last place ill be last because I'm crap at the game but ill still enjoy playing it.
    but my point is that you are saying that its not possible to get the same level of enjoyment from a game unless you spend another plus 100 euro on a wheel, now I'm not trying to be an asshole with you but I've followed a few forums and alot of people act as if your not set right in the head if you don't have a steering wheel or you don't have a race seat ect ect,
    yehh I get that some people are very good sim racers that spend alot of money on their set up not everyone needs this to be drilled into them all threw a forum, others like myself are only getting back into it and are happy to be apart of the visuals and sounds of the cars ect ect and learning the setups and don't have the room to set up a wheel but that don't mean that I cant enjoy it thee same as you do or anyone else.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I wasn't referring too the pad as been the cause of me been in last place ill be last because I'm crap at the game but ill still enjoy playing it.
    but my point is that you are saying that its not possible to get the same level of enjoyment from a game unless you spend another plus 100 euro on a wheel, now I'm not trying to be an asshole with you but I've followed a few forums and alot of people act as if your not set right in the head if you don't have a steering wheel or you don't have a race seat ect ect,
    yehh I get that some people are very good sim racers that spend alot of money on their set up not everyone needs this to be drilled into them all threw a forum, others like myself are only getting back into it and are happy to be apart of the visuals and sounds of the cars ect ect and learning the setups and don't have the room to set up a wheel but that don't mean that I cant enjoy it thee same as you do or anyone else.

Cool the jets dude,nobody is saying you cant enjoy it with a pad, i simply suggested if it was possible for people to invest in a wheel then go for it as it increases the enjoyment tenfold.

• Advertisement

I begged the girl behind the counter in Gamestop to give me my copy this evening but she was not for turning!
    I'm not liking the sounds of what I've heard from some wheel users so far. I hope if there is something wrong it gets patched very quickly.
    Any one on PS4 that wants to add me, it's TitzonToast, same as here.
    I'd be very interested in sharing tuning settings and wheel settings too.
    I have a Fanatec myself.
    Enjoy your racing lads.

Its worth the wait, you will enjoy it.

Advertisement