Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project CARS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Who's getting this for Steam on PC?

It would be good to organise a few races some time?

I'm busy on release weekend but after that I'm up for a few races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Who's getting this for Steam on PC?

It would be good to organise a few races some time?

I'm busy on release weekend but after that I'm up for a few races.

wont be on steam until later in year have it ordered on ps4 fr time been may do me ha,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

jayo26 wrote: »
    wont be on steam until later in year have it ordered on ps4 fr time been may do me ha,

Not according to this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/234630/

I'm really not sure whether to get this for PC or PS4. I would like to get the PC version for the inevitable F1 mods for Formula A, but have much better connectivity with friends on PS4, and more likely to be able to organise decent multiplayer sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

v3ttel wrote: »

I'm really not sure whether to get this for PC or PS4. I would like to get the PC version for the inevitable F1 mods for Formula A, but have much better connectivity with friends on PS4, and more likely to be able to organise decent multiplayer sessions.
    I thought the game wasn't going to encourage mods, I know they'll probably come anyway but the game isn't made for them like AC would be.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I thought the game wasn't going to encourage mods, I know they'll probably come anyway but the game isn't made for them like AC would be.

True - it's not being encouraged or actively supported, but I'm presuming there'll be plenty popping up regardless. There's already some mods appearing on Race Dept.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No sorry I meant I wont be using steam until later this year I'm gonna build a nice machine for myself but in mean time ill only be playing it on ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

No sorry I meant I wont be using steam until later this year I'm gonna build a nice machine for myself but in mean time ill only be playing it on ps4.

I'll send you a FR on PSN man. My GT is the same as here, TitzonToast.
    I can't wait to see what the online multiplayer is gonna be like.

I'll send you a FR on PSN man. My GT is the same as here, TitzonToast.
    I can't wait to see what the online multiplayer is gonna be like.

Yhh I just hope their servers are ready for it and its not spoiled by bad quality online, mine is same as on here too mate its jayo26

My bad. I've re-read your post and see what you mean now.

• Advertisement

Thought about it a bit more - I'm leaning towards PS4 for the moment, but may end up getting on on Steam relatively soon. If anyone is interested in some multiplayer sessions, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll add you. I'll add anyone who has posted up their PSN/Steam IDs so far too.

Thought about it a bit more - I'm leaning towards PS4 for the moment, but may end up getting on on Steam relatively soon. If anyone is interested in some multiplayer sessions, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll add you. I'll add anyone who has posted up their PSN/Steam IDs so far too.

No problem mate add away on mine

Yep, add me too please.
    This is gonna be great!

Yhh I just hope their servers are ready for it and its not spoiled by bad quality online, mine is same as on here too mate its jayo26

I've been wondering how smooth the multiplayer is gonna be myself, chances are it'll be broken and in need of a patch or two.

I've been wondering how smooth the multiplayer is gonna be myself, chances are it'll be broken and in need of a patch or two.

Seems to be the status quo lately ain't it, I managed to get my hands on a bargain i5 desktop for 50 quid today I'm gonna see I I can get even a half decent graphics card into it that is compatible so I can manage to try this out on, I could be on steam yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Sorry if this comes across as an idiot post but I'm trying to figure out which pre-order versions of the PC game come with what. The Gamestop Limited Edition at €44.99 appears to come with what looks like the Modifed Car Pack (they don't state the cars included on the site and their staff didn't know)
    • McLaren F1
    • Sauber C9
    • BMW M1 Pro Car
    • Mercedes-AMG C-Class Coupe
    • 1967 Ford Mk IV

but doesn't everyone who pre-orders receive that as an apology from SMS for the delay or am I missing something?

The Steam version at €49.99 includes
    Ruf CTR3 SMS-R
    Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
    Ariel Atom 3 Mugen

as their Modified Car Pack but not the 5 in the Gamestop Limited Edition. There is a version on VIP sale on GMG for €37.49 (its free to register as a VIP) with both the 5 Gamestop cars and the 3 Steam cars. Is this right as I'm getting confused why the hell their are so many versions.

Sorry if this comes across as an idiot post but I'm trying to figure out which pre-order versions of the PC game come with what. The Gamestop Limited Edition at €44.99 appears to come with what looks like the Modifed Car Pack (they don't state the cars included on the site and their staff didn't know)
    • McLaren F1
    • Sauber C9
    • BMW M1 Pro Car
    • Mercedes-AMG C-Class Coupe
    • 1967 Ford Mk IV

but doesn't everyone who pre-orders receive that as an apology from SMS for the delay or am I missing something?

The Steam version at €49.99 includes
    Ruf CTR3 SMS-R
    Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
    Ariel Atom 3 Mugen

as their Modified Car Pack but not the 5 in the Gamestop Limited Edition. There is a version on VIP sale on GMG for €37.49 (its free to register as a VIP) with both the 5 Gamestop cars and the 3 Steam cars. Is this right as I'm getting confused why the hell their are so many versions.

Yes I think your right about the free cars from sms I know we are getting updated cars after a month or so I'm nearly sire that's the 5 cars listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Yes I think your right about the free cars from sms I know we are getting updated cars after a month or so I'm nearly sire that's the 5 cars listed.

Thanks Jayo26. Just looking around more it seems SMS are going to be giving away free cars each month as the apology starting with the Lykan Hypersport from Furious 7.

Probably means the GMG bundle with the 8 cars is the best value imho unless SMS start releasing the Modifed Car Pack lineup in dribs and drabs as part of the free monthly content which I'm sure would piss off those who pre-ordered so its unlikely. Its Steamworks so €37.50 seems like a good deal and people who pre-ordered on Steam already might be able to get a refund and go via GMG to save a few bob.

So does that mean by just pre odering the standard game you'll now receive the five extra cars that were supposed to come with limited edition?
    I'm talking about the PS4 version if that makes a difference?

Managed to get my cheap little desktop up and running and got my hands on a preview build of the game (shhhhh) to try out and have to say it looks pretty cool I'm not as experienced as other people with the likes of assetto corsa and the likes but the level of detail in project cars is unreal, the build I got is nearly a year old so I assume the finished article is going to be even better.

• Advertisement

Managed to get my cheap little desktop up and running and got my hands on a preview build of the game (shhhhh) to try out and have to say it looks pretty cool I'm not as experienced as other people with the likes of assetto corsa and the likes but the level of detail in project cars is unreal, the build I got is nearly a year old so I assume the finished article is going to be even better.

No way, we're you using a wheel with it? What are the physics and forcefeedback like?!

I found this trailer, looks good.
    http://www.gamespot.com/videos/project-cars-the-world-is-yours-uk-multiplayer-tra/2300-6424561/

No way, we're you using a wheel with it? What are the physics and forcefeedback like?!

I found this trailer, looks good.
    http://www.gamespot.com/videos/project-cars-the-world-is-yours-uk-multiplayer-tra/2300-6424561/

No mate I don't have a wheel yet the desktop wouldn't even be top notch but I did a few laps around spa with the e30 beemer and it was really nice the car was set up really stiff so it just felt like the back end was skipping around corners at times if you know what I mean, the inside helmet cam was fantastic but will take alot of getting used too and the detail inside the car from other camera angles was top class, I used to have an e30 back in the day and the dashboard ect was exactly how I remembered it,

I started off a career in one of the openwheel formula classes i cant remember what name it was but i started off at oulton park or however you spell it the track felt really good and the little car i was using was really well done you could feel there was no downforce when going threw corners, if you have a decent spec desktop i can pm you where i found it.

No mate I don't have a wheel yet the desktop wouldn't even be top notch but I did a few laps around spa with the e30 beemer and it was really nice the car was set up really stiff so it just felt like the back end was skipping around corners at times if you know what I mean, the inside helmet cam was fantastic but will take alot of getting used too and the detail inside the car from other camera angles was top class, I used to have an e30 back in the day and the dashboard ect was exactly how I remembered it,

I started off a career in one of the openwheel formula classes i cant remember what name it was but i started off at oulton park or however you spell it the track felt really good and the little car i was using was really well done you could feel there was no downforce when going threw corners, if you have a decent spec desktop i can pm you where i found it.
    Thanks for the offer man, but I think the last pc game I played was on a Commodore Amiga!
    I'll just have to wait for the PS4 version to drop.
    I'm dying to find out what the wheel support is gonna be like.

Pre-ordered the PS4 version today. Hopefully the FBB is decent on the Playstation. Really looking forward to May 8th now.

I added you TitzonToast on the PSN. Jayo26, is your that your PSN ID too?

Pre-ordered the PS4 version today. Hopefully the FBB is decent on the Playstation. Really looking forward to May 8th now.

Yhh mate that's my own i have it pre ordered on ps4 as well I don't think my pc would do it justice ha, the other half was out on a hen night tonight so I had a good lash off it and some cars i found grand to get the hang of but others was like driving on snow I couldn't manage at all maybe its because I was using a pad or else I was just downright crap ha,

Did you order the standard edition? Did they happen mention anything about the other five cars being included as compensation by any chance?!
    I accepted your FR earlier on, we have the making of a small Irish team going here, I know of a couple of the Boards BF4 clan are getting this game on the PS4 too.

Played some more and its far too forgiving compared to AC.
    Now i see why the majority of the sim community are saying its more like forza than a full sim.
    Yes the physics have improved bigtime compared to earlier builds but it all feels [dare i say it] consoley which is not what i want from simracing.
    Still a fun game but nowhere near as enjoyable or as rewarding as assetto corsa or iracing to drive.

Dcully wrote: »
    Now i see why the majority of the sim community are saying its more like forza than a full sim.
    Yes the physics have improved bigtime compared to earlier builds but it all feels [dare i say it] consoley which is not what i want from simracing.
    Still a fun game but nowhere near as enjoyable or as rewarding as assetto corsa or iracing to drive.

i havent got around to assetto corsa yet ive heard alot of good reports from it, do you use a wheel yeh?

Yeah always use a wheel mate, only way to play a racing sim.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »

One of my friends on here has a top of the range gaming pc, I'm gonna have to grab a copy of AC someday and bring my rig over to his house to try it out.
    I've heard mixed reports about the difference between the physics in Forza and the pc sim racers.
    It's time I finally found out for myself.

Advertisement