Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I have a UK ftv card and the online booking won't allow as the card number is not ROI,, any way around this?

• Company Representative Posts: 47 Verified rep Setanta Sports: Niall

Hi

I use free to air channels only on my sky box would I be able to avail of this offer?

Thanks

You can subscribe as long as have an active 9 digit SKY viewing card number.

Niall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

You can subscribe as long as have an active 9 digit SKY viewing card number.

Niall

Can an active UK free to view card be used to avail of the offer

Can an active UK free to view card be used to avail of the offer

Hi Dan, you will need an active Republic of Ireland Sky satellite card to avail of this offer.

That's me done for the evening folks.

I'll be back tomorrow to answer any more queries.

Thanks,

Niall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Lads does active mean you must be subscribed to some sky package. Im confused :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Lads does active mean you must be subscribed to some sky package. Im confused :-(

Don't think so.

I seem to remember someone mentioning before that Setanta can actually send you out a valid Sky card so you can get the ftv channels and subscribe to Setanta without Sky.

Maybe check the satellite forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

kooga wrote: »
    €12.99 a month!

Is that the normal price per month for the setanta pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I signed up online with no problems then went to my dads house and signed him up and rang the brother and he signed up too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Soarer wrote: »
    Don't think so.

I seem to remember someone mentioning before that Setanta can actually send you out a valid Sky card so you can get the ftv channels and subscribe to Setanta without Sky.

Maybe check the satellite forum?

correct.

a uk ftv card cannot be used to get setanta here in ROI.

you do not need to be a sky subscriber. all you need is a sky box (a hd box is sufficient)

if you ring setanta they will send u you out a card , when the card arrives place in your sky box and ring setanta they will activate the card for you and you will have the 5 channels.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Is that the normal price per month for the setanta pack?

normal price is €19.99 but if you are thinking of cancelling they will reduce the monthly price to €12.99. Happy with that as that is my only monthly tv expense!!

• Advertisement

no. so long as you have a sky box and a card that's all you need and that card is paired to that box at your address.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Chipbutty

great offer just signed online, was watching the Newcastle game within minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

kooga wrote: »
    normal price is €19.99 but if you are thinking of cancelling they will reduce the monthly price to €12.99. Happy with that as that is my only monthly tv expense!!

I'd probably hold on at 12.99, but if I threaten to cancel after just this month at 1 euro will I be offered it at 12.99?

buyer95 wrote: »
    I'd probably hold on at 12.99, but if I threaten to cancel after just this month at 1 euro will I be offered it at 12.99?

i'd be confident they would offer you €12.99

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hi Dan, you will need an active Republic of Ireland Sky satellite card to avail of this offer.

Thats not correct, Niall. You can use a cancelled Sky card. I did and have the channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

excellent offer for a euro, got it this evening, channels available within a couple of minutes. excellent stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭epo addict

Make sure to cancel subscription before Dec 21st or you'll pay full rate for Jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

epo addict wrote: »
    Make sure to cancel subscription before Dec 21st or you'll pay full rate for Jan

Dont you mean 31st ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

epo addict wrote: »
    ispini1984 wrote: »
    Dont you mean 31st ??

Yeah it's definitely cancel by Dec 31st.

Thats not correct, Niall. You can use a cancelled Sky card. I did and have the channels.

I should have said that you need a Republic of Ireland Sky card. You're correct in saying that you can subscribe using a Sky card without a Sky Sub.
    Mr Velo wrote: »
    Yeah it's definitely cancel by Dec 31st.

I can confirm December 31st is the last day you can cancel before billed €19.99 for the January.

Thanks,

Niall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Hi Niall,

Seeing the issues that people have had getting through to get this order and how it has taken some a few days. Is there any way of cancelling online, to avoid having to get through on the phones if the lines are as busy on the 30th and 31st?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Hi Niall,

Seeing the issues that people have had getting through to get this order and how it has taken some a few days. Is there any way of cancelling online, to avoid having to get through on the phones if the lines are as busy on the 30th and 31st?

Excellent question!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Is there any way of cancelling online,

....14 pages in and this has been asked at least 3 times!!!

Niall.... can u post a definitive answer and put this to bed??

Cancellations won’t be taken online but if you’re concerned feel free to call well in advance of the 31st December cut-off date.

These are our call centre opening hours over Christmas:
    Monday 23rd December 9.30am - 6pm
    Tuesday 24th December 9.30am - 4pm
    Wednesday 25th December Closed
    Thursday 26th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Friday 27th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Saturday 28th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Suday 29th December Closed
    Mon 30th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Tues 31st December 9.30am - 6pm

Thanks,

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cancellations won’t be taken online but if you’re concerned feel free to call well in advance of the 31st December cut-off date.

These are our call centre opening hours over Christmas:
    Monday 23rd December 9.30am - 6pm
    Tuesday 24th December 9.30am - 4pm
    Wednesday 25th December Closed
    Thursday 26th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Friday 27th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Saturday 28th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Suday 29th December Closed
    Mon 30th December 9.30am - 6pm
    Tues 31st December 9.30am - 6pm

Thanks,

Niall

I'll quote it just for those that will invariably ask again:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

Subscribed there an hour ago but cant locate channels yet. Where do I go to look? I only use the Sky box as a FTA box so always go to Other Channels - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭cena

mollymac57 wrote: »
    Subscribed there an hour ago but cant locate channels yet. Where do I go to look? I only use the Sky box as a FTA box so always go to Other Channels - thanks

Around channel 424

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

I have a regular sky sub, but I would like to get BT on a spare box I have instead so I will have a chance of watching everything I want:D

I have a white sky card which was used for multiroom up to being cancelled 2 years or so ago. The card delivers a message "this is the wrong set top box etc and will not clear channels such as lfc tv, so it seems inactive.

If I rang setanta or subscribed on line would they be able to pair this card to the box? Also , does this card have the same status as any card setanta might send me? I just want to know can I use this card or will i have to get a new one sent out?

Finally, is it only credit card you can pay by, when I had setanta previously you could set up a direct debit?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

I signed up about 3 hours ago and still giving me the "for your information 28" sign up message.

Boooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭NewBeefFarmer

Im on board. . .nice to have the HD channels in the offer also. .

will see what this has to offer for a month, then take it from there.

Advertisement