Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭NewBeefFarmer

mtdelany wrote: »
    I signed up about 3 hours ago and still giving me the "for your information 28" sign up message.

Boooooo

hmmmm id ring the, i signed up and channels were open in about 5 mins

i done it online,

be sure the card No is correct and ur cc details

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

mtdelany wrote: »
    I signed up about 3 hours ago and still giving me the "for your information 28" sign up message.

Boooooo

Same for me (thought it was just me). Signed up 2 hours ago. Have since powered down the box and on again to see if anything has changed but still the same. Anyone got any ideas? Dont really want to have to call Setanta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

guys, what channels do we get??

I seem to be getting setanta Ireland, setanta 1 and bt sports 2

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ispini1984 wrote: »
    guys, what channels do we get??

I seem to be getting setanta Ireland, setanta 1 and bt sports 2
    All listed on the sign up page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Would it be worth my while signing up now lads, would it be activated straight away or should I wait till tomorrow??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

stuba wrote: »
    Would it be worth my while signing up now lads, would it be activated straight away or should I wait till tomorrow??

Signed up this evening on a card that had no sky sub, turned on tv 2 mins later and had setanta up and running.Thanks o.p.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Thanks killer007 and the O.P. of course, just subscribed and it's on straight away, lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Does anybody else see this less as a fantastic bargain and more like close to the price it should be? Speaking from a personal viewpoint of course; I saw 2 matches on Setanta in October, 1 on BT Sport in November, won't watch any in December & it looks like 1 game in January. A subscription would cost me €80 (without multi-room) to watch 4 matches? Fook that. Not when I've a broadband connection....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Does anybody else see this less as a fantastic bargain and more like close to the price it should be? Speaking from a personal viewpoint of course; I saw 2 matches on Setanta in October, 1 on BT Sport in November, won't watch any in December & it looks like 1 game in January. A subscription would cost me €80 (without multi-room) to watch 4 matches? Fook that. Not when I've a broadband connection....
    Because you dont watch the matches or maybe they dont show the team you follow often enough then you think the monthly cost should be close to a Euro? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A friend gave me there old sky box for me to use as a FTA box. The card is still in. Would this work for me or is the card still registered to my friend? Do I need to get a new card registered to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭red bellied

A friend gave me there old sky box for me to use as a FTA box. The card is still in. Would this work for me or is the card still registered to my friend? Do I need to get a new card registered to me.

No need for card to be registered to you, just sign up online. If the channels dont clear, ring setanta up and they will pair card to box.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No need for card to be registered to you, just sign up online. If the channels dont clear, ring setanta up and they will pair card to box.

Cheers just signed up online and it went live 30 seconds later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭Damien360

Thank you very much ROOY

Up and running in HD 5 minutes after subscription.

muffler wrote: »
    Because you dont watch the matches or maybe they dont show the team you follow often enough then you think the monthly cost should be close to a Euro? :rolleyes:

I did say it was what I think personally. Other people who watch more matches might find €20 a month value for money but I don't. From the amount of people signing up only because it's €1 and it's easy to cancel, I don't think I'm the only one who feels it's over priced.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

I did say it was what I think personally. Other people who watch more matches might find €20 a month value for money but I don't. From the amount of people signing up only because it's €1 and it's easy to cancel, I don't think I'm the only one who feels it's over priced.

no €20 once jan 1st comes all the €1 subscribers will get it for €12.99, so €12.99 x 5 months up till the end of may is good value for EPL and Rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Its not just a football station! they carry a wide range of sports.i agree 20 euro a month is a bit pricey think a tenner would be a fair price and would probably attract a lot more subscribers :)

Is it not €19.99 a month from January? That's the price in Niall from Setanta's post. If I'm wrong, that's much closer to a fair price, especially counting this month as all but free.

Maybe I'm grumpy I don't get to watch more matches but it doesn't seem like value for money to me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭NewBeefFarmer

Kooga is right,

when we ring to cancel, they will try and suck u in at 19.99. . but then as u say no and want to hang up, they will say 12.99. i might think about it, but nothing more. . .. already paying sky. . ... infact, im on 1/2 price with sky, and thats all its worth, ... . setanta/bt. . not worth 20 a month. .. . .not for me anyway . .. id need to watch more of it to make it worth my while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

I came across an old yellow house sky card and used it to sign up online. Its been an hour and the channels haven't come through. Has it taken this long for anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

I came across an old yellow house sky card and used it to sign up online. Its been an hour and the channels haven't come through. Has it taken this long for anyone else.
    Signed up last night Tippwarrior and had to wait a couple of hours before received channels so can take longer than they claim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭icjzfmq7ewon1t

mollymac57 wrote: »
    Signed up last night Tippwarrior and had to wait a couple of hours before received channels so can take longer than they claim

Cheers for the reply mollymac do you know what message was on your screen before the channels came through. The card I'm using has been in a drawer for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Cheers for the reply mollymac do you know what message was on your screen before the channels came through. The card I'm using has been in a drawer for a few years.

could you pay by debit card or only with a credit card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

batistuta9 wrote: »

You can use a debit card to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Only gave me an option to use a credit card.

Signed up a few minutes ago and stations were available almost immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Sky still raised their sports price from 35 to 36 recently even though they lost lots of their stuff to Setanta. They are certainly over priced at this stage.

I'd pay 10 a month to Setanta to watch UFC live in HD, 20 is too dear though.

Just steal the darts from Sky and I'll happily switch from half price Sky sports.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

NATLOR wrote: »
    Its not just a football station! they carry a wide range of sports.i agree 20 euro a month is a bit pricey think a tenner would be a fair price and would probably attract a lot more subscribers :)
    I remember seeing a demand vs. price curve for a subscription site.

The difference was that this one actually multiplied the demand by the price so it showed revenue vs. price. ( the fact that most demand curves don't show total income says most of what you need to know about morketing people )

max income was at 40 dollars or something, at 10 dollars there a lot more subscribers but slightly less overall revenue , but it wasn't a lot less.

To a bean counter the higher price would have been better, max profits and all that.

It was a scary graph because it basically said that a competitor offering a service at 10 dollars would probably hover up the 3/4's of the market that thought 40 dollars too expensive to justify. And would probably take a huge chunk of those signing up at 40 dollars.

Some businesses understand that the best way to keep market share is to sacrifice some potential profit by setting the price at a minimum sustainable level so a new entrant can't justify undercutting you.

yes there are rights issues and there are certain minimum costs per subscriber but essentially setanta customers use existing equipment to view an existing signal.

/2c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Murt10 wrote: »
    No joy for UPC users.

The link just refers you to the normal page. No special offers

On the 'talk to' section, of upc, not available for UPC customers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

mdwexford wrote: »

I'd pay 10 a month to Setanta to watch UFC live in HD, 20 is too dear though.

This would be similar for myself. It's all I would watch and its a shame you can't pay for one event, seeing as how easy it is for them to activate and deactivate accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

Its a shame Sky or BT don't focus on controlling all the rights for one sport. I like the cricket, rugby (union and league), darts, boxing etc on Sky but the reality is my subscription largely goes towards paying those ballerinas in the PL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

corny wrote: »
    Its a shame Sky or BT don't focus on controlling all the rights for one sport. I like the cricket, rugby (union and league), darts, boxing etc on Sky but the reality is my subscription largely goes towards paying those ballerinas in the PL.

This is where your criticism of footballers falls down;)

Advertisement