Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

Soarer wrote: »
    Says its not available on multiroom, but surely you can sign up for €1 twice, once for each box? Each box has its own viewing card number, and that's what they look for when registering.

The offer only applies to 1 satellite box.

However you can subscribe to multi-room for an extra €2.99 per month per additional box. This must be done by phoning our call centre on 0818203040

When signing up, simply provide the viewing card number for the box you wish to add the Setanta Pack to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

hey all,

do you need sky sports to avail of this or just sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Bannerman7 wrote: »
    The offer only applies to 1 satellite box.

However you can subscribe to multi-room for an extra €2.99 per month per additional box. This must be done by phoning our call centre on 0818203040

When signing up, simply provide the viewing card number for the box you wish to add the Setanta Pack to.

That's the thing. My two boxes have different viewing card numbers. Are they not considered as 2 satellite boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

ispini1984 wrote: »
    hey all,

No i just got it and dont have sky sports

Etnies wrote: »
    Anyone else's taking a while to come through? 2 hours now

Got mine within 5 mins :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

ispini1984 wrote: »
    hey all,

You just need a Sky box and a Sky card. You don't even need a valid Sky subscription let alone Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

NATLOR wrote: »
    Got mine within 5 mins :)

Phone or online?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

Ye mine took a while, waited an hour and it hadn't come. Went to the gym then and was there when I got back.

That's the thing. My two boxes have different viewing card numbers. Are they not considered as 2 satellite boxes?

I copied that as a answer from Setanta Sports: Niall
    He said he will be back here in the morning so maybe you can find out from him tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Ordered online, and channels were instantly there. Currently enjoying Holloway and Warnock on the Palace V West Ham game. Thanks again op.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

All signed up ready for the big match tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Bannerman7 wrote: »
    I copied that as a answer from Setanta Sports: Niall
    He said he will be back here in the morning so maybe you can find out from him tomorrow.

Well I just signed up both boxes for €1 each using their individual viewing card numbers, and have confirmation emails for both. Will see what happens from here.

Well I just signed up both boxes for €1 each using their individual viewing card numbers, and have confirmation emails for both. Will see what happens from here.

I am here at work till 9 so wont be able to sign up till I get home. I have 2 Sky boxes but will just use viewing card for living room as thats MY domain:D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

Cheers OP. Just signed up online and was on instantly

Phone or online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

Sherfin wrote: »
    Cheers OP. Just signed up online and was on instantly

Last page on sign-up:

Please tick this box to confirm that (i) you have read and agree with our terms & conditions; and (ii) you agree to waive your right to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations so that Setanta can activate your subscription today. Please note: Minimum 2 month subscription applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

Hi all,

Just to clear up a few questions on our €1 offer:

- This offer is only available for Sky satellite customers
    - If you wish to cancel, simply call us on 0818203040 before Dec 31st. We do not require 30 days cancellation notice for anyone availing of the €1 offer.
    - In the event of a cancellation, your subscription will be switched off immediately
    - If do not cancel before December 31st, you will be billed €19.99 for January and the subsequent months.
    - The offer is not available on multi-room

Below are the full terms and conditions.

*Terms & Conditions of Offer: Customers must call 0818 203040 to cancel before 31st December or will be billed €19.99 from 1st January. This is a subscription service, there is no annual contract but 30 days’ notice of cancellation will be required after 1st January. Offer available on satellite only. Offer does not apply to existing customers.

Click here to subscribe to the Setanta Sports Pack and avail of the €1 offer

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Niall

why not UPC!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

radiowaves wrote: »
    Last page on sign-up:

Please tick this box to confirm that (i) you have read and agree with our terms & conditions; and (ii) you agree to waive your right to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations so that Setanta can activate your subscription today. Please note: Minimum 2 month subscription applies.

I saw that as well but I assume it is a mistake as otherwise the Setanta rep has blatantly lied to people in this thread.

Last page on sign-up:

The rep covered this already on here and has said himself the month can be cancelled at any time up to Dec 31 thats good enough for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

The rep covered this already on here and has said himself the month can be cancelled at any time up to Dec 31 thats good enough for me :)

Make sure someone qoutes and takes screen shots of his post just in case :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭radiowaves

I know.

However this page was put in place for this particular offer so why is that line there?

If you tick it that's what you're agreeing to :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

If worried - sign up with a Prepaid Card like O2 Money Card....and clear it out by 31st December!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I subscribed last Saturday. Great timing by me eh?? :(:(:(:o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Does anyone know if you need an active card or would an old unsubscribed one suffice. I don't think mine's been active for about 4 years,

Masala wrote: »
    If worried - sign up with a Prepaid Card like O2 Money Card....and clear it out by 31st December!

Or just cancel the payment with visa etc on the 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 44 santry

Brilliant, thanks very much, activation was immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

subscription started immediately so get to watch this Palace West ham Game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

celticfc wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you need an active card or would an old unsubscribed one suffice. I don't think mine's been active for about 4 years,

Hi
    Old card should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭mrm

I know.

However this page was put in place for this particular offer so why is that line there?

If you tick it that's what you're agreeing to :P

Very good bargain and very positive reaction on here, naturally......but be very wary folks! I had problems regarding cancelling subscriptions with Setanta previously, and on investigation I was far from the only one (there are a few threads on boards regarding the same,and plenty on UK forums). In particular be careful with multi-room and the small small writing on the T&C's.
    I'm not going to derail the thread with the details or cause Boards issues with listing my personal experiences with Setanta (which would not show Setanta in a good light atall), but you should ask the Setanta rep on his return to the thread for a cancellations email address, in parallel with the phone cancelation, just to be certain, and request written confirmation of the cancellation.
    Also bear in mind, if some are having difficulty getting through on the phone tonight to subscribe, the cancellation line may be equally busy during the cancellation days, lines open or not. Just be very vigilant with this lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

All the HD variants of their channels included is a nice bonus. :)

Advertisement