Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People trying to pawn their old baby stuff off on you...

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I had an Audi TT and had to get rid of it :(
    Now I have an Insignia and I think the TT would fit into the boot of it :D

I had an insignia on hire once, the boot is gi-normous! I think I? would have cried having to get rid of an Audi TT! Lad in my job actually bought his from a pregnant girl, or someone who had recently had a child, wonder was it you?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I had an Audi TT and had to get rid of it :(
    Now I have an Insignia and I think the TT would fit into the boot of it :D

I had to get rid of my nice sporty BMW coupe :(. We kept it for a month and it was ridiculous. The basinette of the bugaboo went in the boot and we had to put the chassis in the backseat beside the baby! Got a new car with a boot twice the size now! Lol. What a lifestyle change now aye! I actually feel like a parent making practical responsible choices. Lol. I love cars... And it's just not fair.... Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

My Fiesta is only a three door, so I just know it's going to be a pain to get the car seat in and out. I just don't really have the money to change it and it's running really well despite being 7 years old and having over 180'000 km's on it! I'm going to try and hold out until the new year if I can, my husband has a Mondeo we can use for longer trips and I'm hoping I won't struggle too much with the three door when the baby is very small.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I'm thinking of getting the Hyundai i40. They look nice, get great reviews are very fuel efficient and should be plenty big for our expanding family unit.

My friend has the i40 with 2 kids and he reckons it is an ideal car. He was recommending it to us but we already had decided on the Insignia.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

nikpmup wrote: »
    Lad in my job actually bought his from a pregnant girl, or someone who had recently had a child, wonder was it you?!

Possibly if it is a blue one. Still miss it.
    I told the guy that bought it to give me first dibs on it when he was selling it down the line :pac:

• Advertisement

Possibly if it is a blue one. Still miss it.
    I told the guy that bought it to give me first dibs on it when he was selling it down the line :pac:

It IS blue! Small, quiet guy?

It IS blue! Small, quiet guy?

Haha No. The guy who bought its initials were JF. He is 6 foot plus.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I had to get rid of my nice sporty BMW coupe :(. We kept it for a month and it was ridiculous. The basinette of the bugaboo went in the boot and we had to put the chassis in the backseat beside the baby! Got a new car with a boot twice the size now! Lol. What a lifestyle change now aye! I actually feel like a parent making practical responsible choices. Lol. I love cars... And it's just not fair.... Lol.

My OH had a lovely sporty Merc coupe that was stolen, I think it hurt him to replace it with a family saloon :pac:

Haha No. The guy who bought its initials were JF. He is 6 foot plus.

Not him so. Funny though! There must be a glut of sad pregnant women selling TT's :D

Not him so. Funny though! There must be a glut of sad pregnant women selling TT's :D

And sad non pregnant men with pregnant wives ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

ncmc wrote: »
    My Fiesta is only a three door, so I just know it's going to be a pain to get the car seat in and out. I just don't really have the money to change it and it's running really well despite being 7 years old and having over 180'000 km's on it! I'm going to try and hold out until the new year if I can, my husband has a Mondeo we can use for longer trips and I'm hoping I won't struggle too much with the three door when the baby is very small.

You should take the Mondeo and your husband the Fiesta to/from work and then just use the Mondeo when the both of you are out together with baby.

January wrote: »
    You should take the Mondeo and your husband the Fiesta to/from work and then just use the Mondeo when the both of you are out together with baby.

This exactly. A small 3 door will break your back unneccesarily when you have a large 4 door available. I would consider the Mondeo to be a safer car too. Plus you can permanently isofix the child seat in the Mondeo so you don't have to keep changing it around.
    We were informed in Holles Street that 80% of people do not install car seats correctly. Where you are constantly changing between two cars there is scope there to fall into bad habits over time.

Advertisement