Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon black Friday week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭tooth*grinder

Is there any risk to buying one of those LG smart TV's on amazon.de?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Don't think so, I just got an email saying mine is been shipped and should be with me on the 4th of December.

Returns would be my main concern. Who pays shipping if you have an issue under warranty etc. Its a gamble you take and you weigh it up against the savings compared to a B&M shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Returns would be my main concern. Who pays shipping if you have an issue under warranty etc. Its a gamble you take and you weigh it up against the savings compared to a B&M shop.

Don't think they take back TVS anymore, thought they send out an engineer these days to avoid more damage to the tv ????

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Whats the Amazon.de Black Friday link? Is it that Cyber Monday thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

Rooy wrote: »
    got a bigger suprise when i got offered to purchase it 10 minutes , main christmas present sorted , bought Minecraft also and there must have been some other promotion on top , I got that for about £4 cheaper than the price I thought it was , happy days ,and nothing to put together Christmas night!

Jealous, well done nice purchase !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Is there any way to get stuff from the amazon.com site delivered to ireland?

Kave my eye on a 3tb drive coming up in a little bit

Bought a few things earlier for friends and family, but wouldn't mind treating myself to something. Does anyone know how much the le creuset casserole fish will go for? Always wanted one but the thought of paying €150+ on a cookware item is just bonkers.

Edit: casserole dish, even.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Is there any way to get stuff from the amazon.com site delivered to ireland?

Kave my eye on a 3tb drive coming up in a little bit

I was looking at that too....they knocked a friggin dollar off it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

As was posted here on the Panorama program on Amazon, its on later on BBC2 tonite, i've posted a link on the tv forum for more info, as i didnt see it yet myself, but rather watch it on the telly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Not sure if its the same one but there was one earlier that didn't sell out that I remember. I think they re-list again later then after it expires which may explain the one later. It was something like 40 or 50% off around the £70 mark - don't know if that helps.
    Bought a few things earlier for friends and family, but wouldn't mind treating myself to something. Does anyone know how much the le creuset casserole fish will go for? Always wanted one but the thought of paying €150+ on a cookware item is just bonkers.

Edit: casserole dish, even.
    N

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭NewApproach

As was posted here on the Panorama program on Amazon, its on later on BBC2 tonite, i've posted a link on the tv forum for more info, as i didnt see it yet myself, but rather watch it on the telly.

Are we supposed to be shocked and appalled by this?

I wonder if everyone signs a petition, could we ask Amazon to pay them 10% less so we get cheaper prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Elephant Man from china

I can't imagine too many people will care, I don't. From the consumer perspective they offer a great service... Their compliance with employment law is for the authorities to sort out..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

can't see this gaining much momentum, a real 1st world working conditions problem :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

maximoose wrote: »
    the upcoming 500gb ps3 appears to have disappeared

I noticed that somethings can disappear and reappear later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Sick to death reading about that panorama programme about amazon.

Highly exaggerated no doubt, that program goes out of its way to make something out of nothing for the purposes to gain viewers. I've seen it and yes some things could be improved, but nothing major that should be causing all this fuss.

People saying they will close their Amazon accounts ha, why??? for people you dont even know, if thats what you want fair enough, expect to pay more in the high street.

Amazon have a good business model, it prevents workers from thieving from the warehouse, and it prevents them from standing around all day doing orders slowly, this method results in all of us getting our orders promptly, yes the way the staff have a certain time to do it could be increased, but all the same its a good way to stop staff dossing around.

Also staff complaining they have to push heavy carts and walk up stairs and walk alot of miles throughout the way by going about the warehouse? I'm sure this happens in lots of warehouses worldwide. Staff are told of this before accepting the job, if they dont like it they shouldnt have taken the job, other staff members said its a great way to keep fit instead of sitting at a desk all day. Many workers worldwide are on their feet all day, and have tough physical jobs, nothing being highlighted about those companies.

It sickens me to always see Amazon in a negative effect on these types of things. There is plenty of unemployed people out there who would happily take the places of those currently employed by Amazon and wouldn't complain as they would have a secure job in a big expanding company. You would swear they were been beaten with sticks and herded like goats. People need to get over it an move on. They provide an excellent service to the customer and thats all that matters to me, the conditions of staff is not my problem, let the relevant authorities look at that. Am i harsh??? I dont think i am, everyone has their own problems without worrying over staff members from Amazon, it certainly wont put me off buying anything from Amazon anyway.... RANT OVER :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Are we supposed to be shocked and appalled by this?

I wonder if everyone signs a petition, could we ask Amazon to pay them 10% less so we get cheaper prices?

Terrible,but I laughed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Terrible,but I laughed :D

Watch the episode tonight and i assure you that you won't be laughing.

It's opened my eyes to just how tough their job really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Can we take the Amazon/Panorama discussion to a different thread please.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Elephant Man from china

Watch the episode tonight and i assure you that you won't be laughing.

It's opened my eyes to just how tough their job really is.

Boo hoo tell that some 7 fingered Indian kids, making penny's/primary clothes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Can we take the Amazon/Panorama discussion to a different thread please.

That's why i posted a link in the tv forum, as i want to keep this thread happy :D not the other way :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

Bugger missed the Ben Sherman watch for £12 AGAIN!! That's yesterday morning and now! Grrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭IS_a_Class

very dissappointed with this deal week, mostly a bunch of junk.

I got a couple of deals :P each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

I have the Xbox 360 in my basket for 15 minutes. 250Gb + Fifa 14 for 170 euro delivered. From the amazon.de site.

Not sure if I should take it. Might get it for the same price from the uk site in a few weeks. (Proper plug and easier to return if needed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Decided against it. Will wait for the uk one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I was hoping to find a Drift HD Action Camera, but it didn't look to be coming, so settled for an inferior but reasonably priced one from Chilli Technology, that was down 50% from RRP.

While waiting to see what was coming up, I picked up two pairs of runners and an MP3 player.
    If I was in for a TV or a console, there were plenty of good deals.
    It all just depends on what you're hoping to get out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

How much is delivery? Thinking of joining and picking up some deals :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    How much is delivery? Thinking of joining and picking up some deals :-).

Free delivery if you pick supersaver delivery option on orders over £25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Bought a shoulder bag for £16 and got free delivery somehow

Advertisement