Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon black Friday week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

A2LUE42 wrote: »

Yeah I have one of these. Does the job alright. If its just for printing basic documents I'd go for it. Decent enough scan image (scanning is quite slow though i've found).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

thunderdog wrote: »
    Yeah I have one of these. Does the job alright. If its just for printing basic documents I'd go for it. Decent enough scan image (scanning is quite slow though i've found).

What is it like for ink usage?

It is for parents. So not going to get massive usage, but don't want the ink drying out either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

They won't ship the product to Ireland, but they will ship it to Parcel Motel in NI for €11.25. Add the €3.50 to get it to Finglas and you're looking at €14.75 but you have to pick it up at Nightline's Depot in Finglas, Dublin 11. As far as I'm aware you can pay Nightline €10 to deliver oversize Parcel Motel items from their depot to your home for a total shipping cost of €24.75.

Standard oversize charge for collection is now €7, forwarding is €10.50 extra. With a TV I'd be very careful regarding dimensional weight (meaning additional charges if the dimensional weight exceeds 35kg). See: http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Got something today from the US. No Duty to be paid but when I browse Amazon.com they want you to pay a "Deposit" on Duty/Customs. Basically you pay us and we pay them.....................if they come looking for it.

Won't be buying anything off Amazon or Ebay Sellers(some) who do this as the item I got today(Not marked gift) was not "caught".

Yeah, there should be a way to take the risk yourself. At least that way you can contact An Post/Revenue for refunds should an item have to be returned. They say they'll refund you 60 days after purchase if the money (or full amount) wasn't claimed by the courier company - like that's ever going to happen.
    flyguy wrote: »
    Standard oversize charge for collection is now €7, forwarding is €10.50 extra. With a TV I'd be very careful regarding dimensional weight (meaning additional charges if the dimensional weight exceeds 35kg). See: http://www.parcelmotel.com/howmuch.html

Ah, I wasn't aware the oversize charge went up nor of the dimensional weight charge - you could get rightly stung with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Unless you are in the US you will pay VAT and import tax on anything from the .com website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

upcoming in 2 mins - nokia lumia 820 - it's a great phone. 129 is a great price hurry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Beer Baron wrote: »
    To be fair there was a mop and bucket and a clothing horse this week. :D

The clothing horse was there last year, I only know as I got it for the wife from Santa ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

#1 on the Waitlist. I don't want it at that price. Just grabbed it whilst considering it or the Moto G. Will stick with the Moto G.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

ablelocks wrote: »
    upcoming in 2 mins - nokia lumia 820 - it's a great phone. 129 is a great price hurry

I was on there at 2PM and the waitlist was full immediately?, are you able to order/get on waitlist before the sale opens?, no way that went waitlist full in a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Irish TuneR

flyguy wrote: »

Had a quick play with the Currys site "Boxed: 666 x 1052 x 153 mm (H x W x D) ", works out as slightly over 35kg but given an Amazon box could be bigger it still shouldn't be more than 45kg diemensional weight. Interesting stuff and good to know all the same peeps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Picked up the Garmin satnav for £79 with free lifetime maps - the lifetime maps alone costs over £70 I think, so cheap as chips satnav... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Leslie91 wrote: »
    I was on there at 2PM and the waitlist was full immediately?, are you able to order/get on waitlist before the sale opens?, no way that went waitlist full in a second.

the good deals go really quick. I saw it at 68% gone, and within seconds it had gone to waitlist full. thousands clicking at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

I have a lower model. Got it on the back of a thread here on on hukd. There is an eBay store that sells refurbished models that come with ink... Comes in box as new. Worth doing a search before you pull the trigger

the good deals go really quick. I saw it at 68% gone, and within seconds it had gone to waitlist full. thousands clicking at the same time.

Remember I'm #1 on the Waitlist and it still hasn't tumbled back out yet. Could take another 4 minutes as it only holds the orders in your basket for 15mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

What is it like for ink usage?

It is for parents. So not going to get massive usage, but don't want the ink drying out either.

Yeah I wouldn't use it too often now but it seems ok. For me I have to change them every 4 months or so. I wouldn't bother with getting the tesco own brand inks for this printer though-I've had lots of problems with them not working, running out very quickly etc. Just stick with the canon inks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Zzippy wrote: »
    Picked up the Garmin satnav for £79 with free lifetime maps - the lifetime maps alone costs over £70 I think, so cheap as chips satnav... :)

Did the same, good deal that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Or else they had about 10 of em to get rid of at that reduced price....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

8gb sansa clip+ for £23, yeah I'll have that!

Battlefield worked out more expensive than Gamestop even with Gamestops €2 Postage Fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 nero123

Sugar missed it of course... very few phones/tablets on offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

you need to get your strategy right, managed to get every offer i wanted this week after copping onto the various tricks. One stage had 2 laptops and a pc lined up with wife clicking away at same time. I posted a few days ago that wife's old laptop seems to load up the deals much quicker than all the newer machines so she has backet full before I even get to the clicking stage. Also have the screen at 50% and click like f**k, covering much bigger area.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,032 ✭✭✭bren2001

maximoose wrote: »
    These are coming up at 3pm, if they come under £20 they are a steal. Cracking pair of earphones.

Got a pair of these. Happy days. Better be decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Asus VG278HE upcoming at 3:30pm.

Great monitor.

1ms response times
    144hz
    3D

Wish it was the 24" though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Noxin wrote: »
    £179.99 (22% off)

Cheers, a friend on the prowl for one, pity it was missed!

PS3 Splinter Cell up at 4:15pm.

Already £19.99. Show be a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Just ordered a 27" monitor I have no need/use for. Should be fun. :o

Couldn't resist.

It's a good day if you wanted a console that's not the next gen

Xbox 360: 4GB w/3 games coming up at 17:15 on Amazon.co.uk

Nintendo 3DS XL: Limited Edition White with Mario Kart + Super Mario 3D Land has been up already today will probably come up again. There is another 3DS XL coming around again at 18:15 on Amazon.co.uk but it comes with Super Mario 3D Land only, probably still a good enough deal.

Playstation 3: No games, coming up at 20:00 on Amazon.de

Wii U: Come and gone, probably coming back on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Nintendo 3DS XL: Limited Edition White with 2 games has been up already today but is coming around again at 18:15 on Amazon.co.uk.

2 games?

Jernal wrote: »
    2 games?

It comes with Mario Kart in the package but also comes with a code for redeeming a copy of Super Mario 3D Land online which makes up the 2 games

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »
    2 games?

Mario 3D Land is free at the moment when you register a new 3DS and game. So if you got the Mario Kart bundle that came up earlier (and a few days ago also), in theory you can get Mario 3D Land for free.

But the next upcoming bundle already has Mario 3D Land with it. So the Mario Kart bundle was the one to go for. Maybe it'll come up again.

Advertisement