Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon black Friday week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Dammit, too late for this as Winter's coming in :P
    Did someone say theyre able to see whats coming up in the Black Fri sale? when does this all finish anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Aodhagan wrote: »

Not really a good offer, it works out at €71 on the .co.uk site including delivery at standard price.

Its €67 in the lightning deal on .de including shipping...

So nothing great about that. Just thought i would throw that your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

shocksy wrote: »
    1TB Hard Drive €61.95 - http://www.amazon.de/dp/B005MNGQ6C/ref=gb1h_tit_c-1_7247_22fd6dcf?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=15RABDJSRC8K5E6HE4S6&pf_rd_i=872398&pf_rd_p=449727247

Not really a good offer, it works out at €71 on the .co.uk site including delivery at standard price.

Its €67 in the lightning deal on .de including shipping...

So nothing great about that. Just thought i would throw that your way.

Do you know can the drive be taken out of the enclosure and used as an internal drive in a laptop?

I was told previously that external HDD makers were using different connectors so that they can't be used as internals, any truth in that?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

farming simulator only 15 pounds. Looks crap but will give it a whirl none the less............

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Do you know can the drive be taken out of the enclosure and used as an internal drive in a laptop?

I was told previously that external HDD makers were using different connectors so that they can't be used as internals, any truth in that?

I dont know if this can be taken out of the enclosure on this drive, but if you did it on a different one you would void the warranty. It would not be a good idea to use them as internals anyway, it could cause some problems, save yourself the hassle and buy an internal one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Dammit, too late for this as Winter's coming in :P
    Did someone say theyre able to see whats coming up in the Black Fri sale? when does this all finish anyway?

If you click on the Black Friday section you can then see the Lightning Deals with tabs saying "Available" and beside that it says "Upcoming" and "Missed Deals".

Upcoming will show you whats coming up. Pretty handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Was looking up TV's on Amazon.de, I added a few to my basket testing and would I be right in saying, they will automatically add Taxes and as long as they deliver to Ireland, then theres no problem getting a TV from Germany.

There was a Toshiba 40inch 3D Smart for €399 but delivery to Ireland was not available but a few similar TV's in upcoming deals are available to Ireland. I think there was a similar spec Grundig for €299 yesterday.

So as long as they deliver to Ireland, am I right in saying there will be no issue with customs as Amazon.de will automatically add Tax??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

tvercetti wrote: »
    Was looking up TV's on Amazon.de, I added a few to my basket testing and would I be right in saying, they will automatically add Taxes and as long as they deliver to Ireland, then theres no problem getting a TV from Germany.

There was a Toshiba 40inch 3D Smart for €399 but delivery to Ireland was not available but a few similar TV's in upcoming deals are available to Ireland. I think there was a similar spec Grundig for €299 yesterday.

So as long as they deliver to Ireland, am I right in saying there will be no issue with customs as Amazon.de will automatically add Tax??

The prices on amazon.de already say mwst included, which is VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

If you click on the Black Friday section you can then see the Lightning Deals with tabs saying "Available" and beside that it says "Upcoming" and "Missed Deals".

Upcoming will show you whats coming up. Pretty handy.

Thanks, i was clicking on Today's deals, but clicking on Black Friday on the RHS gives u a wider shot & more choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Thats right yeah. I ordered an LG earlier from them. There's a good value Sony Bravia coming up on there. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Xperia Z was good value for £250 but was too late waitlist full

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

the xperia Z waitlist was full 3-4 seconds after it went live - very small number I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I have the Xperia S and used to be a Sony Mobile Brand Rep... You're not missing out on much with the Z, believe me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Did you see if delivery to the UK was available? You could use parcel motel, they would probably use nightline to deliver to the depot as its too big which would be another 10 euro I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

decent reduction on xbox 360 and kinect to £129 . €299 in Smyths . On waitlist...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What's a "lego cat table"? Interested is this some kind of large table for building the lego on or am I totally off..:confused:

Correct. Comes with crane as well. 830 am tomorrow

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008PDWH6O/ref=gb1h_img_c-1_8827_30c6a75f?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=1CG1VGP481DQXSQN3C42&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_p=449478827

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

Rooy wrote: »
    decent reduction on xbox 360 and kinect to £129 . €299 in Smyths . On waitlist...

A great price, wait listfull before it even came up for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

tony1980 wrote: »
    Did you see if delivery to the UK was available? You could use parcel motel, they would probably use nightline to deliver to the depot as its too big which would be another 10 euro I think.

There was a 42 inch that was €11 to my PM address and 27 to my home address but from the few I looked at, most wouldn't ship to either including an earlier Toshiba special and an upcoming Samsung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

A great price, wait listfull before it even came up for me!

got a bigger suprise when i got offered to purchase it 10 minutes , main christmas present sorted , bought Minecraft also and there must have been some other promotion on top , I got that for about £4 cheaper than the price I thought it was , happy days ,and nothing to put together Christmas night!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Battlefield 4 up next at 5:15. Guessing it will be £25.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Battlefield 4 up next at 5:15. Guessing it will be £25.

Origin Sales:

Battlefield 4 - £27
    SimCity - £22.50
    FIFA 14 - £28
    Battlefield 3 - £6
    Battlefield 3 (+ Premium) - £14
    The Sims 3 - £15
    Crysis 3 - £6
    Dead Space 3 - £6
    Mass Effect 3 - £4
    Mass Effect Trilogy - £16
    C&C: Ultimate Collection - £10
    Dragon Age: Origins, Ultimate Edition - £10
    Dragon Age 2 - £6

• Registered Users Posts: 8,552 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Ah it was £25 on Game yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

is 99 good for the 3ds?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The 3DS XL was £129.99 or something with 2 games or thereabouts - so in comparison to that deal it's not fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

There's a 10 inch android tablet coming up soon on Amazon.de.

It's the Toshiba AT10LE-A but I can't find much info about it on the web. Has anyone heard of this? Looking for a 10 inch tablet for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

ripcord wrote: »
    There's a 10 inch android tablet coming up soon on Amazon.de.

It's the Toshiba AT10LE-A but I can't find much info about it on the web. Has anyone heard of this? Looking for a 10 inch tablet for Christmas.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Toshiba-Excite-Pro-AT10LE-A-108-Tablet.98828.0.html

To summarise - it's a beast of a tablet, very powerful with an impressive screen. However the power consumption to operate such a tablet means it has a reduced battery life compared to say a Nexus 10. The only way to improve battery life is with a power-saver mode that limits the speed of the CPU & lowers brightness which can make some things appear laggy (e.g. scrolling on Chrome when browsing the net). If it comes in at a good price there's no better tablet for the money. One other caveat is that it's currently on Android 4.2 when the most up to date is 4.3 and 4.4 has been announced by Google already. As of late October there was no announcement by Toshiba about if/when 4.3 was coming to the Excite Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

TheDriver wrote: »
    farming simulator only 15 pounds. Looks crap but will give it a whirl none the less............

You may find it a harrowing experience......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Amazon normal listing of Pokémon X/Y selling for £32.00

Still alot cheaper than gamestop/smyths, might hold out a while and see if it goes down...

Advertisement