Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Likely places to get a PS4 without a Pre-order

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭slongwill

Hi just found this thread, can I have one Dublin code please? For the busiest possible shop? Oh and can you do all the searching for me. Thaaaaaaaannkssss

Coincidence or what! I'm looking for that same deal.
    Any help is hugely appreciated!

As an aside, many thanks to disco girl who has been helping with codes over the last few weeks. I'll be F5ing Argos site again tonight in the hope of finding a Ps4. I saw the knack bundle this morning but don't want that game or online sale. Bricks and mortar with tax being paid in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Standing in GameStop Mahon cork, still plenty left here

4-5 knack bundle, 10+ killzone bundle

Offered me 15 euro cash for killzone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just got a phone call from Gamestop Waterford. Initially I was told after Christmas as I didnt pre order in the 1st wave. He now tells me they have extra stock coming in tomorrow and would I be in a position to take one.
    I said of course I would :D. Good luck to everyone else in searching and hope you get sorted out :)

Picked up the Ps4 today. They only had Knack or Killzone bundles, I got KZ one
    I hope all you boardsies get sorted out before Christmas.
    If I see any Argos codes I will pass them on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

TiltedBrain - if you have a CEX store near you they will give you 27 euro cash for killzone

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Cormo87

Flaccus wrote: »
    TiltedBrain - if you have a CEX store near you they will give you 27 euro cash for killzone

Smyths gave me €45 on Saturday for Killzone try there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 conormcfadden9

Collected my PS4 from Argos in Galway a few hours ago. Don't think they've had many in stock there over the past few days going by their reactions. One of them said the PS4 was like a unicorn given that they're very rare these days. Hoping to find at least one more code tonight for someone else on here as a kind of thanks for the help I've received from this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

got a call an hour ago from gamestop wexford to collect one. They got stock in today, give your local gamestop a call tommorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jmillz

shoxter wrote: »
    got a call an hour ago from gamestop wexford to collect one. They got stock in today, give your local gamestop a call tommorow.

Did they have any for walk in?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Macky77

Collected my PS4 from Argos in Galway a few hours ago. Don't think they've had many in stock there over the past few days going by their reactions. One of them said the PS4 was like a unicorn given that they're very rare these days. Hoping to find at least one more code tonight for someone else on here as a kind of thanks for the help I've received from this forum.

How did you go about getting the code off argos did you use the argos stock checker? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭damoPL

agh everybody getting ps4s:( i gave away 6 argos codes but still no luck :/

• Advertisement

Macky77 wrote: »
    How did you go about getting the code off argos did you use the argos stock checker? :)

Ya, I used the checker there on Monday night. Saw that the Galway store had 'Unknown Status' beside it for a good while, so I just chanced my arm at trying to reserve it. Got lucky with the way 2 of them suddenly became available. Make sure you have an account open with Argos!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stonerinc

Just signed up to let anyone who's interested know that GameStop Longford had, as of 30 min ago, 25 ps4 kill zone bundles, just picked up mine (these are all free sale for walk ins) Happy hunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

After checkin argos online and checkin every store locally everyday the last week the legend that is PaulOSullicar was able to provide me with a code for wexford argos. 4 hour round trip from dublin after no sleep for 24hours I finally have a PS4:)

Cheers to paul and the other people doing good work on this thread, gotta love the boards community:)

Now im off to bed for an hour before I play incase I collapse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭damoPL

Wondering whether any gamestops in Dublin will have any consoles?

Last night, the Argos ones showed up on their site after 9pm.

Hopefully a few more of us will be sorted out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭shoxter

jmillz wrote: »
    Did they have any for walk in?

I was on cancellation list, only put my name down on 6th December. Mine wasnt a cancellation though it was stock they got in today

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Right, are we all ready with our nimble fingers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PaulOSullicar

It's very late notice but I've just been given an extra Argos code for Killarney! Has to be collected before 9! Would anyone be able to make it? PM if you can!

Edit: If not I'm guessing it will be on the site later tonight when it expires!

Arklow & Waterford both have 'unknown status' for all PS4 bundles. Could be something updating there...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cantona7king

Just collected my console from Gamestop St Stephens Green dublin

They wouldnt say how many consoles they had but were telling people they were near the end of the pre-order list and would be selling some tomorrow or thursday

id say worth giving them a call tomorrow

• Advertisement

Just collected my console from Gamestop St Stephens Green dublin

They wouldnt say how many consoles they had but were telling people they were near the end of the pre-order list and would be selling some tomorrow or thursday

id say worth giving them a call tomorrow

I'm off Thursday/Friday so I'll go in and hassle them then! :)

Thanks for the info.

@disco girl, ready and F5ing for them precious codes.

slongwill wrote: »
    @disco girl, ready and F5ing for them precious codes.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭stevegrace

Arklow & Waterford both have 'unknown status' for all PS4 bundles. Could be something updating there...

Come on Arklow fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 6 work please

GameStop Mahon point FTW
    Kill zone bundle
    COD ghosts sold out though :(

Has anyone here played Killzone? Is it worth keeping?

Has anyone here played Killzone? Is it worth keeping?

Neither me or the hubby were keen on it so traded it for BF4..much better game imo

• Registered Users Posts: 16 toxytag

Does anyone know what knack is like? Or is it just worth trading infor something decent

disco girl wrote: »
    Neither me or the hubby were keen on it so traded it for BF4..much better game imo

Ya, I was thinking of doing the same, but I've seen a lot of good reviews about it. I guess it'll depend on how much I could get for it if I traded it in.

Ya, I was thinking of doing the same, but I've seen a lot of good reviews about it. I guess it'll depend on how much I could get for it if I traded it in.

All depends on whether or not it's the type of game you like really...I've never been fond of the Killzone games anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I liked Killzone so finding this one decent,finish it & then trade it in.

Knack looked a bit too childish for me,BF4 will be next on my list.

If I get a code,I'll pass it on here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement