Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSF 2013 ROUND UP!! **Please post ideas for this year here!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

A winter swim in the sea?

nekkid?

A few years ago I mentioned the possibility of boards releasing a single of some sort, with the members buying it, in order to get it to Christmas #1 instead of the X-Factor, which, might I add, was before the Rage Against the Machine campaign. I seem to remember people offering their writing skills, their musical skills, and even one or two people offering a place to record it.

So what of something similar? You produce a song of some sort single, with the proceeds going back to SSF. Might be too late for it this year, but might make for a fun project for next year?

The original thread is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I'll do a sex tape no problem, with any male or female aged 18-50...

...if it's for charity then that's all the better but quite irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

...if it's for charity then that's all the better but quite irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Pm me.

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

MadsL wrote: »
    nekkid?

If they wanted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Picky. I hate picky people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Pie throwing or water balloon throwing at the mods. €5 per shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

If anyone wants to help raise MOAR money for the Santa Strike Force, go check out what we are doing in the Photography Forum :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057085832

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

How about simultaneous Boards Beers in a dozen or so locations around the country?

Donation of a tenner (?) each.

Pop a SSF bucket in each pub as well.

*Tee-Shirts* We need new t-shirts too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Step 1: Get a list of public access webcams.....like on webcamgalore.com.

Step 2: Ask Mods/Admins etc to put themselves forward for a task for SSF.

Step 3: Ask Boards.ie members to come up with some sort of simple, quick, funny, agreeable tasks to be undertaken.

Step 4: Pick out 10 of the most entertaining/doable tasks.

Step 5: Ask Mods/Admins which task they would be willing to do in front of the live webcam and for what total donation amount.

Step 6: Get Boards.ie members to vote by way of monetary donations against each Mod/task.

Step 7: whoever wins/loses or reaches their donation goal, performs the task on the live webcam. Obviously a link will be provided for all to see.

Step 8: ????

Step 9: Profit for the kids!!

Step 10: Forget what I suggested, it probably won't work. :)

Highest voted task - get naked in public place and post photos?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the ideas so far people :D

Keep em coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Pm me.

I'll take one for the team here.....

Disappointed with the lack of naked mods, I've fancied the arse off Dr. B since I saw his pic :)

I'm sure there'll be even more raised this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Pay to bailout people from Prison. People get nominated, and Boards can set a price for their release. If the price is met, they are unbanned and given one more chance here.

I can see a certain Facekicker raising thousands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Just have a xmas beers and get a mod to get their legs or chest waxed. I hear they're all very hairy.

We will actually be having a christmas beers (21st December, probably Dublin, probably Sweetmans because they've been lovely enough to book an area for me). So yeh we could surely work something in for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What about a slave action the night of the beers ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

A "right to be called the Capital of Boards.ie" auction: do we allow Cork to call themselves the "real capital boy" or can Dublin defend itself agaiinst their charitable onslaught?

BTW: I'm very disappointed in you danniemcq, changing the terms and conditions of AH modship to avoid publicly shaming yourself.... tut tut :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Sleepy wrote: »
    A "right to be called the Capital of Boards.ie" auction: do we allow Cork to call themselves the "real capital boy" or can Dublin defend itself agaiinst their charitable onslaught?

BTW: I'm very disappointed in you danniemcq, changing the terms and conditions of AH modship to avoid publicly shaming yourself.... tut tut :p

apparently they were afraid i'd get arrested for decent exposure :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Beasty donated a HUGE amount last year, by matching donations and certainly got a few more Euro into the pot.

Hopefully we can all be as generous this year. :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hopefully we can all be as generous this year. :)
    err ... *Cough* - got to check the bank statement first ...

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

He wasnt referring to you directly I think ... I wouldnt want anyone put "on the spot"... thats not in the spirit of things or how it should be done. :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I know he wasn't ...;)

(was he?:o)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Chucken wrote: »

*Tee-Shirts* We need new t-shirts too :)

I missed out on the t shirts last time they were out, I would definitely buy one if they came around again. Would a charity t shirt be a viable idea?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

T-shirts are horrible money makers. You make maybe 1 euro or 2 from them and the company that produces them charges the person like 15 or 20.

You would be better off buying the Boards Photobook when it comes out and at least you get a fabulous hard back book of nearly 100 photos from the best photographers in Ireland. Honestly, I have all of them and the standard is totally ridiculous. 35 euro and a fiver goes to the charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Before I post I'd just like to say I'm in no way affiliated or connected with the website I'm about to link to. I Google'd and they were top of the list.

http://www.abbeybadges.ie/shields_title_bars.php

5mbsrm.jpg

This place does badges for €3 each. They might do a deal on bulk order. Get people to pledge €5(or more) and get a badge with "SSF 2013 donor" on it. Profits to SSF. Next year the same thing can be done "SSF 2014 donor" and so on.

I'm sure people on here might be able to source badges cheaper.

Oh yeah, delivery can be sorted with either central collection points or sending an S.A.E. to boards HQ. I'd give up a day or 2 to stuff envelopes if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Compile a small book in the style of "Overheard in Dublin" of all the classic most loved boards posts.....

Maybe not

The problem with any sort of "payment for something" is that there is a whole logistical element that has to be thought of :(

Plus people give say , a fiver but only 2 euros of it gets to the charity. Its much better if people give a fiver and a fiver goes to the projects. Then they can have a really nice warm feeling :)

I hate to say it but thats what it comes down to. Time and Money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Straightforward donations so.

Keep it simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Straightforward donations so.

Keep it simple.

That's the easiest way to be fair. Doesn't mean we can't have some fun along the way though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I know it's taking away from Boards' profits so it's probably not a runner but how about anyone who donates €15 or more also gets a free 6 month Boards subscription?
    People will be more inclined to donate if they have an incentive, plus this way there's no physical item being purchased and so there's no cost in shipping etc and the full amount goes to the charities.

If that's not a viable then how about a "Donate or the puppy gets it" campaign?
    :pac:

Advertisement