Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSF 2013 ROUND UP!! **Please post ideas for this year here!**

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Cork_girl wrote: »
    Myself and xia were on Dublin City FM this morning - not sure if any of you caught it? Did our best to tell everyone about the great work done by SSF :)

For anyone with 12 minutes to spare.. :o:D Huge thanks to Dublin City FM for inviting us on to promote the events! http://youtu.be/LTyYdf8lTB4

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

ken wrote: »
    I was in Tallaght hospital today with the wife's niece and I seen the Bumbleance parked outside. It looks awesome. I so wanted to have a look inside but felt that might have been a bit insensitive.

From their Facebook page.

BUMBLEance

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Are we not having a Mod run down Grafton Street this year?

I vote Whoopsy.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Are we not having a Mod run down Grafton Street this year?

I vote Whoopsy.

I have no problem running down grafton street.

How much you pay me?

I have no problem running down grafton street.

How much you pay me?

I wont post any more crap in MY Toy Show thread, or grumble any more about it.

:P

Edit. I'm sure I posted 'run naked down Grafton Street'

:confused:

• Advertisement

Nope. You did not. That is why I quoted you :pac:

Nope. You did not. That is why I quoted you :pac:

<Hits 'back' several times>

Damn, your right.

So seriously, are we not doing Naked Mod this year?

Even though the vote seems to get fixed every year at the last moment.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nah, we're going to do something else... we just have to come up with it and pretty quick I guess! :)

I'm kicking off the whole SSF push for donations tomorrow (Monday) as its now December and the Photobook and Comedy nights are out of the way.

I'm thinking maybe a few people (chosen from donators) and mods spend a night in a haunted castle and have "dares" from the community to do during it (with proof!).

Just an idea... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

DeVore wrote: »
    I'm thinking maybe a few people (chosen from donators) and mods spend a night in a haunted castle and have "dares" from the community to do during it (with proof!).
    Like... hypothetically... a fiver to dare whoops to run nekkid around the haunted castle?

Ficheall wrote: »
    Like... hypothetically... a fiver to dare whoops to run nekkid around the haunted castle?

Now that would be terrifying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Now that would be terrifying.

One way to clear out the ghosts, cheaper than an exorcism

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Nah, we're going to do something else... we just have to come up with it and pretty quick I guess! :)

I'm kicking off the whole SSF push for donations tomorrow (Monday) as its now December and the Photobook and Comedy nights are out of the way.

That sounds cool

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Great idea. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

MadsL wrote: »
    Games clear out.

Check what games you haven't touched in a while. Post up in a thread. Buyer donates online to SFF. PMs the donor the details of having paid. Donor posts the game.

This is a really good idea. Could work with unused Steam keys and the likes too.
    I reckon AH should host it though as the games forum doesn't see the same traffic and is divided up.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I forgot to mention Rehab also benefited this year from SSF

11193011195_bd1459cdf3_c.jpg
    rehab thank you letter by devoresphotos, on Flickr

They got some of the iPads but we also helped them build a sensory garden for Autistic kids which has proven effects on helping calm them and stimulate their brains to help them cope with their Autism better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

It might be an idea to partner up with Christmas FM next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

I've suggested this before. The teachers in my high school volunteered themselves to have pies and waterballoons thrown at them by students for a Christmas fundraiser.

Maybe some mods would volunteer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

I've suggested this before. The teachers in my high school volunteered themselves to have pies and waterballoons thrown at them by students for a Christmas fundraiser.

Maybe some mods would volunteer?

Or maybe one of those things where you sit on a seat above water and the people have to hit the target so you fall in... €2 a throw or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

So thats where the moneys went to this year. I've been keeping Beasty and the Mods abreast of everything as we go along.

I lol'ed :pac:

Advertisement