Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Shot Event & Photowalk - Boards Photobook Launch Day 2013

Options
  • 18-11-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭

Fantastic prizes to be won!

To coincide with the release of this year’s Boards Photobook we’re running an amazing Quick Shot Competition on November 30th with plenty of great prizes to be won!!

For just a €5 entry fee your picture could win you a Digital Camera, Nokia Lumia 1020 Smartphone with a 41-megapixel camera sensor, as well as Irish football jerseys, photography vouchers and much more. All proceeds go to the Santa Strike Force Children’s charity.

Event Details

Date: November 30th
    Time: 1pm to 2pm
    All photos must be taken within this time frame to be valid entries!

Entry cost: €5 per entry – entrants are welcome to purchase as many entries as they wish! A unique code is provided for each entry.

Location: For those in Dublin, come along to George’s Arcade, opposite Powerscourt, where a group will be meeting at 1pm to kick off the event. For entrants elsewhere in Ireland, follow the rules and get out with your camera! Open to entrants in Ireland only, due to nature of prizes & postage costs.

How to enter:
    1. Click here to Register Now!

2. Make payment using the method chosen during registration (email will be sent with payment details upon registration). You will receive a code upon payment via email for each entry you purchase.

3. Take a photo/photos between 1pm and 2pm on Saturday 30th November.

4. Email your images referencing your unique code and which category you are entering to: quickshotevent@gmail.com before Friday 6th December.

Entries are divided between SLR and Smartphone entries and will be posted on http://www.pix.ie for everyone to view. Winners of SLR and Smartphone categories – as chosen by event sponsors O2, Three and Ricoh – will be announced by 12th December.

For a full list of terms and conditions, see post on boardsphotobook.wordpress.com

Photowalk
    Meet-up point: Across the street from the Ha’Penny Bridge on the north side is a piece of sculpture locally known as the ‘Hags with the bags’!
    images.jpg

Part 1 of the walk will bring you on a route around Dublin City, to the George’s Arcade for the Quick Shot Competition, at 1pm!

Part 2 – the bit after the Quick Shot competition/lunch

Start time: 2.30/3pm

Finishing in Against The Grain just around the corner from the Dublin Camera Club, where food can be consumed before wandering up the street to Dublin Camera Club in time for the launch.

The walk will include sights such as Ha’penny Bridge, Christchurch, Dublin Castle, St. Stephens Green and the Canal – a route map will be available on the day.

If you need to join us during the walks, or just want a contact number if you get lost on the way, then shoot a PM to either Cork_girl, SinisterDexter, Trooney or Xia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

This is great!! Im in :-) And just googled where were meeting at 1 and I hope to find my way there :-0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

mumof2 wrote: »
    This is great!! Im in :-) And just googled where were meeting at 1 and I hope to find my way there :-0

If you're coming on the photowalk it will be part of the route :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

I'm in also - from a remote ( but not too remote) location.:)

Cork_girl wrote: »
    If you're coming on the photowalk it will be part of the route :)

Ohh, does that mean the photo walk starts earlier for us? Otherwise my hour will be taken up getting to know people!! Haha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Bah wont make the walk or the launch :(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Nor me or MissusPandB :(

However we can still take photos and enter the competition \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

:( Was hoping you'd get to change your plans. Buuuuh.

Can't believe ye will be missing it - such a pity! But yes - set a reminder on your phones and get out there, if you're not in you can't win :D

mumof2 wrote: »
    Ohh, does that mean the photo walk starts earlier for us? Otherwise my hour will be taken up getting to know people!! Haha:D

Yep - waiting on the final details, but I *believe* it will be running for 2 hours on either side of the event :)

Oh and for anyone on Facebook - there's an event created here!

• Advertisement

supporters.jpg

A huge huge thank you to those supporting our Quick Shot event on Nov. 30th – with some fantastic prizes!

Don't forget our blog is here with all of the information on how to take part, terms & conditions etc.

Big thank you to our own 360dpi for his sponsorship - he's been a star again :)
    360dpi.jpg
    www.360-dpi.com

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

And the routes have been finalised - save Trooney having a better idea than me (wouldn't be hard)

The 2 walks will be from:

11 - 1
    Starting at Ha'Penny Bridge
    (finishing at Georges St Arcade so ye can all do the competition)
    @mumof2 The comp is not a photowalk, just a timeframe where you can walk around by yourself and take the winning photo

2:30/3 - 6
    Starting at 2:30 or 3 (still to be decided) so you can get lunch after the competition.
    Finishing in Against The Grain just around the corner from the Dublin Camera Club - so I can get food before the launch.

Currently the walks include sights such as Ha'penny Bridge, Christchurch, Dublin Castle, St. Stephens Green, Canal

If you need to join us during the walks, or just want a contact number if you get lost on the way, then shoot me a PM.
    I don't usually give out the (BookLaunch walks) long walks online, you can DM me if you really need to know if we are going near certain things. I will have maps on the day.

And the routes have been finalised - save Trooney having a better idea than me (wouldn't be hard)

The 2 walks will be from:

11 - 1
    Starting at Ha'Penny Bridge
    (finishing at Georges St Arcade so ye can all do the competition)
    @mumof2 The comp is not a photowalk, just a timeframe where you can walk around by yourself and take the winning photo

2:30/3 - 6
    Starting at 2:30 or 3 (still to be decided) so you can get lunch after the competition.
    Finishing in Against The Grain just around the corner from the Dublin Camera Club - so I can get food before the launch.

Currently the walks include sights such as Ha'penny Bridge, Christchurch, Dublin Castle, St. Stephens Green, Canal

If you need to join us during the walks, or just want a contact number if you get lost on the way, then shoot me a PM.
    I don't usually give out the (BookLaunch walks) long walks online, you can DM me if you really need to know if we are going near certain things. I will have maps on the day.

:D I gathered that much!! Thanks;)

Im the one likely to get lost but, if I leave my tripod at home I'll have a better chance of keeping up!! :D So looking forward to it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

So excited for this! Gaaah :D

@sinisterdexter Thanks for planning and giving out the route. One question: where is the meeting point at 11? On the Bridge, northside or southside if it?

xia wrote: »
    @sinisterdexter Thanks for planning and giving out the route. One question: where is the meeting point at 11? On the Bridge, northside or southside if it?

Was wondering the same!! :P Am I right in saying that one side of the hay penny bridge is at the entrance to Templebar?? I think you have to go up some steps when you've crossed the road?? Im going to poke out a map shortly just to start getting used to the areas mentioned :-)

Meeting at the 'hags with the bags' over the northside of the Ha'penny Bridge.

Meeting at the 'hags with the bags' over the northside of the Ha'penny Bridge.

What is "hags with the bags"???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

The sculpture commonly referred to as ' Hags with the Bags' just over the bridge on the Northside.

B3FA9247CBDA4EFEA40F9578D2E1002E-0000337703-0003441153-00400L-4DB586B89F604F448AE95CC76F5E7C78.jpg

A bit like the irreverent name 'The floosie in the jacuzzi' previously!

• Advertisement

keps wrote: »
    The sculpture commonly referred to as ' Hags with the Bags' just over the bridge on the Northside.

Thanks! Never heard that name before...

I'd never heard of that one either! Learn something new every day ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Audubon

Cork_girl wrote: »

How to enter:
    1. Click here to Register Now!

2. Make payment using the method chosen during registration (email will be sent with payment details upon registration). You will receive a code upon payment via email for each entry you purchase.

3. Take a photo/photos between 1pm and 2pm on Saturday 30th November.

4. Email your images referencing your unique code and which category you are entering to: quickshotevent@gmail.com before Friday 6th December.

Entries are divided between SLR and Smartphone entries and will be posted on http://www.pix.ie for everyone to view. Winners of SLR and Smartphone categories – as chosen by event sponsors O2, Three and Ricoh – will be announced by 12th December.

For a full list of terms and conditions, see post on boardsphotobook.wordpress.com

Just registered! Looking forward to a trip to Dublin!

Just a note to say spread the word folks - use the boardsphotobook.wordpress.com website to let people know of the book, the photowalk and the competition please! All details are posted there :)

In case you didn't know - we are on facebook and twitter!

So who is coming on the walks?

Please say which one, or both. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭slowcyclist

I plan to be there for the morning walk, and the Quick Shot competition. Not sure that I'll be able to make an afternoon photowalk.

Me!! :D For both walks!! Cant wait - never went on one before:p

And I'll be there - unless I have last minute organisation for the competition or the raffle of the launch to do ;)

Me too :)

• Advertisement

We 2 more sponsors for our raffle! Thanks to Costa Coffee and Photowalk Dublin !
    raffle-sponsors.jpg

Advertisement