Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BBC Four Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭brian_t

I'm not following the repeats of The Bridge but for those who are season two starts next Saturday immediately after the last two episodes of season one.

Mystery-Road-s2-3.jpg

Sofia Helin as archaeologist Professor Sondra Elmquist in the second series of the Australian crime drama Mystery Road.

BBC4 is promoting it as Coming Soon.

Australia season.

Mystery Road series 2 starts on Saturday (repeated on Tuesday) and brings with it a few other Aussie flavoured programmes.

Sat 11.45 has Clive James: Postcard from London (Postcard from Paris is on Sat 26th).

Sun 7pm - Kangaroo Dundee and Other Animals (Chris Barnes rescues orphaned Joeys).

Sun 8pm - The Ghan: Australia's Greatest Train Journey.

Sun 11pm - Own the Sky (David Mayman: Jetpack Inventor)

Tue 9pm - Australia with Simon Reeves.

Tue 10pm - Chateau Chunder (about Aussie Wines)

Wed 9pm - A Cook Abroad (Rick Stein)

Thur 10.35pm - Storyville: The Cult That Stole Children - Inside the Family.

Thur 12.35am - David Stratton's Story of Australian Cinema.

Fri 9pm - Australian Hits at the BBC.

Fri 10pm - Mystify: Michael Hutchence (Profile)

Fri 11.40 - INXS: Live Baby Live (Wembley Concert 1991)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,748 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

brian_t wrote: »
    Mystery-Road-s2-3.jpg

Sofia Helin as archaeologist Professor Sondra Elmquist in the second series of the Australian crime drama Mystery Road.

BBC4 is promoting it as Coming Soon.

Hadn't seen 1st series but saw 1st episode of s2 last night, pretty decent.

The latest series of Inspector Montalbano starts on Saturday 10th with "Except my beloved Livia" which premiered on Italian TV on 9th March this year.

There are 2 films in that series.

The Bridge continues on the same day after Montalbano with the first two episodes of series three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

On Monday October 12th, BBC4 will air a tribute documentary to the Play For Today series, followed by a repeat of "Country", starring Leo McKern, James Fox and Penelope Wilton.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0233488/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    On Monday October 12th, BBC4 will air a tribute documentary to the Play For Today series, followed by a repeat of "Country", starring Leo McKern, James Fox and Penelope Wilton.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0233488/

Abigail's Party follows on Wednesday.

Inspector Montalbano occupies the 9pm slot for the next two Saturdays.

Look like the Danish crime series DNA (8×45’) starts on the 24th.

Cast includes Oscar-nominated Charlotte Rampling (45 Years), Polish rising star Zofia Wichlacz (Netflix thriller 1983), Danish actors Anders W. Berthelsen (The Killing) and Nicolas Bro (The Killing), and Olivia Joof (Perfect Places).

In the eight-part series, Rolf Larsen, a respected detective on the Copenhagen police force, has his life brutally upended when his baby daughter goes missing. Five years after the tragedy, a new lead emerges when a serious flaw is discovered in the Danish police’s DNA database. Realizing that his daughter may still be alive, Rolf tries to find out what really happened to her by investigating a parallel case with ties to an international child trafficking ring. Rolf gets a helping hand from Claire, a seasoned French investigator working on a similar case.

Sue Deeks, Head of Programme Acquisition, BBC, said: “Beginning with a shocking event, DNA is an intriguing and unexpected crime series which will keep BBC viewers absorbed to the very end.”

https://deadline.com/2020/05/bbc-picks-up-danish-crime-series-dna-from-the-killing-co-creator-charlotte-rampling-among-cast-1202944036/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They've shown both those Play for Todays previously. Mike Leigh Night for Abigails Party obviously.

They've shown both those Play for Todays previously. Mike Leigh Night for Abigails Party obviously.

"Abigail's Party" was shown twice in 2007

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0074n6r

"Country" doesn't seem to been on BBC since 1981

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000ngby

There are more coming, "A Hole in Babylon" (previously aired 1979) is on next Tuesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0424x3z

Play by Jim Hawkins and Horace Ove based on the events surrounding the ‘Spaghetti House’ siege, an armed robbery that went disastrously wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

DNA started now

The Bridge continues at 11:25pm - 2 episodes. Have TOTP in between

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭cozar

Really enjoying DNA. Good plot. Only complaint is why Rolf brought his baby on the ferry a bit ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

cozar wrote: »
    Only complaint is why Rolf brought his baby on the ferry a bit ridiculous.
    Yes, it was a bit unbelievable. He had the baby in the car when he arrived at Skaubo's house, he could have simply left her there with his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

The wife had to go to London urgently, it was all very last minute.

Alun wrote: »
    Yes, it was a bit unbelievable. He had the baby in the car when he arrived at Skaubo's house, he could have simply left her there with his wife.

Or just had the gawks on the deck, instead of leaving the baby out there on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

patmac wrote: »
    The wife had to go to London urgently, it was all very last minute.
    I know that, I meant he could have left the baby with Skaubo's wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Really enjoying DNA as well.

Ad between the episodes for the Icelandic show The Valhalla Murders. I presume that will take the Saturday night slot in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Watched first 2 eps of DNA this morning. Enjoying it so far. As others have pointed out, there are a few contrived bits, but still enjoyable.

Anyone else with virgin not able to record DNA tonight for some reason? Doesn't seem to be showing on the EPG

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Eod100 wrote: »
    Anyone else with virgin not able to record DNA tonight for some reason? Doesn't seem to be showing on the EPG

It is showing blank for me also - if rebooting the box doesnt fix it, you can set a one time recording for BBC for 2100 - 2230 from the DVR menu.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

odyssey06 wrote: »
    It is showing blank for me also - if rebooting the box doesnt fix it, you can set a one time recording for BBC for 2100 - 2230 from the DVR menu.

Great, thanks, will give it a try!

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Really enjoying DNA as well.

Ad between the episodes for the Icelandic show The Valhalla Murders. I presume that will take the Saturday night slot in a few weeks.

Only saw that ad tonight. Looks good but fairly dark. Say it will be worth a watch! Say will be after DNA is finished alright

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

If anyone wants to catch up with The Bridge 4 its starting on BBC4 tonight late-ish, 10.45pm I think, they have two TOTP's before it but actually I believe those are expected to be the last two of DNA. Maybe they forgot to change the guide.

If anyone wants to catch up with The Bridge 4 its starting on BBC4 tonight late-ish, 10.45pm I think, they have two TOTP's before it but actually I believe those are expected to be the last two of DNA. Maybe they forgot to change the guide.

According to my guide the last two DNAs are from 9pm - 10.20pm.

Then two TOTPs from 10.20pm - 11.20pm.

Then The Bridge series 4 starts at 11.20pm.

Are you with Virgin by any chance? Experiencing same issue with it showing Top of the Pops this week and last to guess it must be a display issue there side!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭cozar

The ending of DNA a little bit sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Eod100 wrote: »
    Are you with Virgin by any chance? Experiencing same issue with it showing Top of the Pops this week and last to guess it must be a display issue there side!

Yes we're with Virgin. Regular muck ups!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭Genghis

Was looking for something to watch, and based on the comments here took a look at DNA tonight. Now watching ep2, it's good. Thanks y'all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Fans of the Icelandic show ' trapped' it's been signed up by Netflix for season 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

cozar wrote: »
    The ending of DNA a little bit sad.

I thought so too, while there are no winners in a situation like that the call wasn't his alone, his ex wife surely has a right to know and have a say in the matter.

Advertisement