Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BBC Four Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭cozar

State of happiness wrapped up too nicely for me. Thought it was better than that. Back to inspector Montalbano for the next few weeks which I never really got into :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I enjoyed it - everyone got what they really wanted and Stavanger got rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

cozar wrote: »
    Back to inspector Montalbano for the next few weeks

It's just the first episode of the Inspector. Billy Elliot is on the following Saturday (June 6th) at 9.15pm.

I don't understand why Billy Elliot is being shown on BBC4 then because it is being shown on BBC1 this coming Sunday at 10.30pm.

The BBC4 showing will be about the twentieth time the film has been broadcast across the BBC's.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007wv29

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭cml387

brian_t wrote: »
    It's just the first episode of the Inspector. Billy Elliot is on the following Saturday (June 6th) at 9.15pm.

I don't understand why Billy Elliot is being shown on BBC4 then because it is being shown on BBC1 this coming Sunday at 10.30pm.

The BBC4 showing will be about the twentieth time the film has been broadcast across the BBC's.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007wv29

Actually 8 times . But still a lot I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Cardinal will start on BBC2 Wednesday 03rd June.

Last season won awards at Canadian Screen Awards

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/csa-third-night-1.5587617?fbclid=IwAR3WAV-8HwjI2ebV6IvJPefTx7ZkJxhPq76lUAJJ0PK5HGGr4dOu3QIIHRE

• Advertisement

BBC Four has inked deals with DCD Rights and Fremantle to acquire the UK
    rights to Australian drama series The Secrets She Keeps and French drama
    The Last Wave, respectively. Both series are expected to air in the
    channel’s Saturday night foreign drama slot later this year.

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2020/02/bbc-four-acquires-uk-rights-to-the-secrets-she-keeps-the-last-wave/?fbclid=IwAR1eT_JdLcmzJNRjNocB6FqZ6Zh0KJcUOoAlHIHug90fZjNm4bTz0EJIyn8
    RTE One have also bought The Secrets She Keeps and they are showing it next month.

BBC have bought DNA, a new Danish crime thriller created by the co-creator of The Killing, Torleif Hoppe and starring Charlotte Rampling.
    Rolf Larsen, a respected detective on the
    Copenhagen police force, has his life brutally upended when his baby daughter
    goes missing. Five years after the tragedy a new lead emerges when a serious
    flaw is uncovered in the Danish police’s DNA database. Realising that his
    daughter may still be alive, Rolf tries to find out what really happened to her
    by investigating a parallel case with ties to an international child-trafficking
    ring.

Rolf will get help from Claire, a seasoned French
    investigator who is working on a similar case.
    https://thekillingtimestv.wordpress.com/2020/05/27/bbc-acquires-danish-crime-series-dna/

Repeats of the first series of The Young Montalbano continue on Saturday 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Repeats of the first series of The Young Montalbano continue on Saturday 13th.

I've seen the first episode - every bit as good as the original series. The ladies do not disappoint either.:rolleyes:

Cardinal on bbc 2 now don’t know why they moved it from bbc4 ? Up to the usual standard, S4 looks promising.

• Advertisement

Cardinal on bbc 2 now don’t know why they moved it from bbc4 ? Up to the usual standard, S4 looks promising.
    Cardinal

The final season of The Bridge got moved across too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

Lot of programmes are moving across. Looks like the rumours that they are going to shut BBC Four down are sadly true... :(

BandMember wrote: »
    Lot of programmes are moving across. Looks like the rumours that they are going to shut BBC Four down are sadly true... :(

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Boo hoo skybox did not record episode 6 = final one. Hope I get to uk at some stage and can pick up on iplayer. I wonder if it will end up on Netflix?

French drama The Last Wave starts on Saturday week (July 25) with the usual double-bill.

It will be repeated on the following Tuesday at 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

French drama The Last Wave starts on Saturday week (July 25) with the usual double-bill.

It will be repeated on the following Tuesday at 11pm.

The trailer looks insane

I'm watching The Last Wave but I'm wouldn't really recommend it. I would have thought that in these days such a strange cloud would be an international news story rather then just a local issue.

It's set in a lovely location. I am glad that it a short series, just two more episodes to go.

According to DigiGuide on Saturday 15th BBC4 are showing four episodes of The Bridge.
    They don't indicate what season is been repeated though.

According to DigiGuide on Saturday 15th BBC4 are showing four episodes of The Bridge.

It's a repeat of the first series from April 2012.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01gxlxj

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

I'm watching The Last Wave but I'm wouldn't really recommend it. I would have thought that in these days such a strange cloud would be an international news story rather then just a local issue.

It's set in a lovely location. I am glad that it a short series, just two more episodes to go.

I watched a few minutes of The Last Wave, meant to go back to it, never did... yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've been watching it too and I wouldn't recommend it either. The concept was interesting but it became quite silly as it went on.

I also thought the scene where
    they all started experiencing pain because the cloud was being attacked was some real amateur theatre-style acting. I think if they all had just collapsed and passed out it wouldn't have looked so daft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Gave it one episode and 10 minutes.

They really need to get beyond the "but its got subs!" thing and just show good tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Am I right in saying The Last Wave is taking a break while the snooker is on?

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Am I right in saying The Last Wave is taking a break while the snooker is on?
    No, the last two episodes are on tonight starting 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

See Spiral's last season is being aired in France in September. Hopefully don't have to wait as long as last time for it to be shown on BBC!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Eod100 wrote: »
    See Spiral's last season is being aired in France in September. Hopefully don't have to wait as long as last time for it to be shown on BBC!

Well, at least they got to finish filming. My all time favourite TV show .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,689 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Well, at least they got to finish filming. My all time favourite TV show .

Yeah definitely! Would love if it was out here early next year but think it's usually at least y months. It's brilliant!

Eod100 wrote: »

Great news.

L’Immortal on Friday 9pm BBC4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Stewball

L’Immortal on Friday 9pm BBC4.

It's on Sky Atlantic.

Advertisement