Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

tiegan wrote: »
    Anyone downloaded lollipop for first gen moto g and not done a factory reset? Still plan on sitting tight until I have more info on this. Tis alright for all ye tech savvy boys, I am savvy but struggle with the techie bit!! Any info gratefully received. Thanks

I played around a bit before doing a factory reset but I kept getting an "insufficient space left" message when trying to update some apps from the play store.

Factory reset solved this but took ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Major problem with my 5'' one now, can't unlock the screen touches don't register and it's got glitchy horizntal lines at the top and bottom of the screen :mad:

Hasn't been dropped or got wet etc. tried holding down the power button to restart it but the problem persists. Is it knackered now ?

Edit: Never mind , pulled the cards and rebooted by holding the power button again and it seems to be ok again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Seanh111 wrote: »
    Do you happen to know anywhere online I could purchase the 4G version with the micro SD slot? Amazon I guess, but is this the cheapest place?
    The white one is £115 from Tesco UK, plus €5 or €6 for ParcelMotel and unlocking. I got it in black for £99 :D a while back, after spotting a BA here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Venom wrote: »
    Factory reset solved this but took ages.
    'Twas slow all right. Seems fine since, but I haven't really had time to play around with it at all or see if the battery life is any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

peckerhead wrote: »
    'Twas slow all right. Seems fine since, but I haven't really had time to play around with it at all or see if the battery life is any better.

Yeah its working a treat now but for some reason it re-downloaded all my apps except for Google Now launcher :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

peckerhead wrote:
    from Tesco UK, plus €5 or €6 for ParcelMotel and unlocking. I got it in black for £99  a while back, after spotting a BA here.

My 4G phone from Tesco UK keeps losing the network. I originally thought it was because of the changes with O2 to 3 Ireland but the sim works fine in my first gen Moto G. I might need to post it back to the brother to see if he can get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Are you sure you've it set to search for the proper 4g/3g?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Ermahgerrrd, it's finally here... :pac:

My first-generation Moto G (w/o SD card) is sucking down that OTA bad boy as I type (feverishly).

Downloaded and installed the OTA update on my original Moto G and there are a few surprise changes which I don't like.

the ability to turn off mobile background data is still there but you are constantly reminded/warned of this decision by a banner across the top of the notification area which can't be dismissed.
    Auto brightness is changed and not as good as it was.
    several of the widgets are gone including the power one which controlled WiFi, GPS, Brightness, bluetooth and Auto-sync.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Was a pain to unroot and remove recovery just to update but finally it's going now. I've heard good things about CM12, might be worth considering when it's more stable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Took the plunge just now on the first gen. Been looking forward to seeing lollipop. Pretty nice to get a full OS upgrade with a nearly 18 month old phone. I hope it doesn't **** everything up :pac:

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Are you sure you've it set to search for the proper 4g/3g?

It doesn't matter about the 4G or 3G. I had an O2 sim that was for 3G and the network kept dropping. It has nothing to do with whether it is 3G or 4G. I can't even make calls or send texts. ;)

have you tried a factory reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Downloading 5.0.2 for 1st gen 8gb now, eu retail model.

Liking lollipop so far, definitely an improvement. Little bit more fluid.

Can't get my sense clock widget to update the weather though.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭tiegan

Liking lollipop so far, definitely an improvement. Little bit more fluid.

Can't get my sense clock widget to update the weather though.

Hey there, did you do factory reset on your first gen moto g, or have you ust got the update installed? Please keep updated on your progress, I might then be brave enough to try. Cheers

tiegan wrote: »
    Hey there, did you do factory reset on your first gen moto g, or have you ust got the update installed? Please keep updated on your progress, I might then be brave enough to try. Cheers

Just installed the update, restarted and running fine the past hour or so. No factory reset or anything. Will keep you posted if I encounter any issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭frankoreagan

Just updated my first gen there. Anyone know if it's possible to get the Spotfy player controls back on the lock screen?

RossieMan wrote:
    have you tried a factory reset?

You made me smile. Yes. Twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I updated to Lollipop yesterday. I'm liking it so far, no problems to report. My phone seems quicker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭T-Bird

red_bairn wrote: »
    You made me smile. Yes. Twice.

Most probably a hardware issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

nc6000 wrote: »
    I updated to Lollipop yesterday. I'm liking it so far, no problems to report. My phone seems quicker too.

Ditto. Only annoying thing so far is being unable to turn off vibration alert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Lollipop feels smoother, even more so with animation scale set to 0.5x. Two problems for me are no longer being able to shortcut into the Clock app by clicking time and the Lollipop keyboard swipe prediction feels really weird compared to the other versions of the keyboard, to the extent it's making me confused and wanting my KitKat keyboard back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Blanchguy wrote: »
    Ditto. Only annoying thing so far is being unable to turn off vibration alert.

Its on for every app?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

Its on for every app?

Worked it out, setting alerts to "none" does what I want. Alerts come up on screen but phone doesn't buzz. I sit in a very quiet office...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

J_E wrote: »
    the Lollipop keyboard swipe prediction feels really weird compared to the other versions of the keyboard, to the extent it's making me confused and wanting my KitKat keyboard back.

Yeah, I don't like it at all based on what I've experienced on my Nexus 7, it just doesn't get with me who it changes how it uses the predicted words. It's enough of a reason for me to hold back on upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seanh111

The white one is £115 from Tesco UK, plus €5 or €6 for ParcelMotel and unlocking. I got it in black for £99 :D a while back, after spotting a BA here.
    red_bairn wrote: »
    My 4G phone from Tesco UK keeps losing the network. I originally thought it was because of the changes with O2 to 3 Ireland but the sim works fine in my first gen Moto G. I might need to post it back to the brother to see if he can get a refund.

Thanks for the replies! So to avoid the worry of it not connecting to my network after unlocking if I bought this one on Amazon and used parcel motel should that be OK?

Sorry if it's an obvious question...I worry about online buying :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,311 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I always use the SwiftKey app for my keyboard.

Think it is class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I have it but preferred the Android Kitkat one.

works out cheaper buying it from the Amazon spain store.

http://www.amazon.es/Motorola-Moto-4G-Smartphone-Quad-Core/dp/B00LGU4GSA/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1426078460&sr=8-7&keywords=moto+g

delivered from the UK, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is the update available for the XT1039 as of yet?

Advertisement