Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,337 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Do people not turn the brightness down to minimum to perserve battery? Its the number one eater of batterly life.

I mean, if the phone is just going to be sitting there during the day etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

noodler wrote: »

I would assume the screen is turned off if it's just sitting there.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I would assume the screen is turned off if it's just sitting there.

...Good point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Do people not turn the brightness down to minimum to perserve battery? Its the number one eater of batterly life.

Auto brightness and twilight will be doing that for ya.

Its social media addiction that kills a battery, ie checking your phone a million times a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Can't get this to recognise the amazon fire tv so i can screen cast. just get a 'no devices available' message. Google hasn't been much help so far, but there have been a few threads with people saying screen cast just flat out doesn't work?

Anyone else had better luck with this feature?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

How the hell is the screen going to be "eating" the battery when the phone is "just sitting there during the day"?

Screens don't consume power when they are off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Still no update for me. Got the 2013 version from Amazon. Anyone with this version get the ota?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭nc6000

DGRulz wrote: »
    Still no update for me. Got the 2013 version from Amazon. Anyone with this version get the ota?

Nope. At this rate I'll be due a new phone before the update appears. I might give Cyanogenmod a go or maybe I'm better off sticking with KitKat 4.4.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭T-Bird

nc6000 wrote: »
    Nope. At this rate I'll be due a new phone before the update appears. I might give Cyanogenmod a go or maybe I'm better off sticking with KitKat 4.4.4.

Stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

cyanogen is perfect. I'd switch if it's lollipop you're after. battery life is so much better.

• Advertisement

Pov06 wrote: »
    How the hell is the screen going to be "eating" the battery when the phone is "just sitting there during the day"?

Screens don't consume power when they are off :pac:

Christ, bit late to the party with that comment!

RossieMan wrote: »
    cyanogen is perfect. I'd switch if it's lollipop you're after. battery life is so much better.

I found battery life to be terrible. But that might be because there is no official one yet for my mark 1.

Have also tried every custom Rom going and there are flaws with all of them (including cm11), where not every app will work.

Went back to stock KitKat, removed bloat, rooted and installed xposed and gravity box.
    Everything works prefect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

If I hate this new lollipop rubbish what are my options? I don't know much about routing or breaking or any of these terms. Can I get a different (better) OS?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

RossieMan wrote: »

What's functionality like with cyanogen, all the main features like the camera and radio apps working?

Was there a particular guide you used online to get it working? I'm tempted to get it but haven't much experience flashing other roms.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

you can root toyr phone and go back to Kikkat.
    You'll have to have a bit of knowledge though because the Moto isnt exactly the easiest phone to learn with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Anyone have issues with Bluetooth post upgrade.

Have paired/unpaired multiple times, tried some other tips I found on Dr. Internet but no luck getting it working with my Focus.

Used to work great on 4.4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Anyone have issues with Bluetooth post upgrade.

Have paired/unpaired multiple times, tried some other tips I found on Dr. Internet but no luck getting it working with my Focus.

Used to work great on 4.4

Im the same, sometimes it works fine and somtimes it doesn't. Bloody lollipop hasn't been great on this phone :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

My brother brought home the GB Moto G 4G for myself. The update isn't available as of yet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Have you tried the suggestions on post #177
    [url] https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=79488[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

How can I stop the updates popping up all the time not upgrading to lollipop just yet and it keeps asking me if I want to upgrade.

• Advertisement

red_bairn wrote:
    My brother brought home the GB Moto G 4G for myself. The update isn't available as of yet for me.

The network keeps dropping off. The phone is the same version of Android like my first Moto G. I have a new Three Ireland sim and both the 3G (o2) and 4G (3) sims don't work on the Moto G 4G but work on the 3G phone. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

First Gens are getting notifications of an inbound lollipop now.

Coming soon....

Yeah. I saw that. I will have to send the Moto G 4G back to my bro in the UK if I can't find out a fix for it. I'll have to stick with this first gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Nono Toure

Lollipop has been a pain in the ass, phone is slow doing anything since the update. Airplane mode isn't available which is annoying! And now I seem to have lost all my pics (attached)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭nc6000

Coming soon....

It'll probably be 5.1 at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Updated mine got fed of constant offer to upgrade so gave in . When I unlock/swipe to open screen it goes straight to my recent calls list is even if it was locked when on home screen. Is there anyway that I can change this ?

Finding phone slow too since upgrade only did it last night but have noticed my battery much better lasting today will see how it goes for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Ya have to factory reset em after the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Factory resetting after upgrading makes a huge difference. My moto g was sluggish as fook after the upgrade, factory resettled and its brilliant now. Pain in the arse having to reset though.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Blanchguy

What is lost by a factory reset?

• Advertisement

Blanchguy wrote: »
    What is lost by a factory reset?

Everything. It's as if you got new phone. This includes pictures, texts, music etc.

There are a few backup apps that use gmail account to sync with. These will work for texts and such.

Drive can be setup to upload your pictures, very handy.

Might take a bit of time setting all this up, but ya don't want do a reset and realise everything has gone.

Advertisement