Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Nah don't really wanna go down that route.

I'm sure it'll improve with the next update.

Dude a factory rest takes about 20 min and solves a ton of problems. No reason not to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Remove Facebook and add it as a home screen favourite in Firefox. Did this for both Facebook and rte because of lag and battery drainage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

1st gen moto g. Updated to lollipop 5.02 yesterday. No need to factory reset and tbh I haven't noticed any major bugs.

Only one I have come across is for some reason the google calendar widget has stopped working.

Haven't noticed any lagging of apps yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭tiegan

@Owyran - same here, 1st gen moto g updated to lollipop three days ago. No major issues, couple of minor ones, the notification light shows up for some notifications but not for messages or missed calls. Not a major thing. Not sure yet if it is any improvement, but certainly is no worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

1st gen moto g here, updated a good few days ago and no problems but phone is unusable after having had it turned off or on airport mode for most of the day, hangs and touch screen becomes unresponsive requiring reboot. Rinse. Repeat

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    1st gen moto g here, updated a good few days ago and no problems but phone is unusable after having had it turned off or on airport mode for most of the day, hangs and touch screen becomes unresponsive requiring reboot. Rinse. Repeat

If you have facebook can you try uninstalling it to see if it fixes problem? Not 100% sure its the cause. But, I removed it from 2 of my devices and it seemed to work.

Have done all the resets etc before, was ok for a while, trying to isolate the problem now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Motorola Update Services app now available for the 2013 4G version, presumably Lollipop is on it's way
    (I got this from the Play Store, wasn't specifically prompted possibly because my phone is rooted).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Wife has a Moto G since Xmas last year. Updated to Lollipop 5.0.2 there the other day
    • Conectivity is shot to shít on mobile data, WiFi is ok
    • Gallery is displaying black squares, no photos
    • Performance lag on a few apps

A factory reset will delete the photos, won't it? There's a couple of weeks worth of unbacked up baby photos on it that we don't want to lose (we do regular back ups anyway, so not a total disaster, but still, would be better not to lose at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

A factory reset will delete the photos, won't it? There's a couple of weeks worth of unbacked up baby photos on it that we don't want to lose (we do regular back ups anyway, so not a total disaster, but still, would be better not to lose at all).

Transfer to a PC and then factory reset? What I did

Or sync with Google Drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

T-Bird wrote: »
    Or sync with Google Drive.
    I agree, can't believe the number of people that don't sync their phone to google servers and risk losing everything if phone is stolen!

On the flip side, as some people have low data packages, they should change settings to only upload photos on WiFi rather than "mobile data and WiFi".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

yeah, the photos are cloud stored, and also on a HDD up to about 2 weeks ago.

Turns out it was something else causing the "black" photos, the baby was taking selfies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

yeah, the photos are cloud stored, and also on a HDD up to about 2 weeks ago.

Turns out it was something else causing the "black" photos, the baby was taking selfies :D

You have made my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Did a reset and installed Lollipop on an original Moto G. Not sure about some of the interface changes, but battery life is better, whether this is because of the OS or the fact that some apps do not now autostart is hard to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Is this worth buying folks? The new 5" 4G model? I've a budget of about 250 euro, though as in everything, the less I have to spend the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Is this worth buying folks? The new 5" 4G model? I've a budget of about 250 euro, though as in everything, the less I have to spend the better.

For that you shd get the one plus one tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Does this phone have a diary or Dictaphone function? I need something that I can store memo's in and download them to my PC later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

newmug wrote: »
    Does this phone have a diary or Dictaphone function? I need something that I can store memo's in and download them to my PC later.

If it doesn't you'll be able to get a hundred apps that do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Updated lollipop on the gf's phone (1st gen) and she hasn't stopped complaining. The performance is gone to ****e. Screen hangs, goes black. Screen turns off and the lock screen doesn't appear. Basically unusable and she had to leave it there until it sorts itself out. :(

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Updated lollipop on the gf's phone (1st gen) and she hasn't stopped complaining. The performance is gone to ****e. Screen hangs, goes black. Screen turns off and the lock screen doesn't appear. Basically unusable and she had to leave it there until it sorts itself out. :(

haha same thing happened to me. I had to factory reset it for her and she was happy again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Nolars wrote: »
    haha same thing happened to me. I had to factory reset it for her and she was happy again.

She has that new candy crush game and refuses to sync it with Facebook so a factory reset would not only wipe her high score, it would also mean the end for my testicles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭masterboy123

How much for One Plus One?

I have 200€ budget.
    Nolars wrote: »
    For that you shd get the one plus one tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

I have 200€ budget.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057394473

Bargain Alerts Thread. It's long and I haven't read it but skim the end of it and you should get answers.

I have 200€ budget.

its 320 delivered to Ireland. Depends if you wanna spend the extra bit for the extra features which are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately still above my budget.

Max I can go is 220€
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057394473

Bargain Alerts Thread. It's long and I haven't read it but skim the end of it and you should get answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

One annoying little change, which i assume is from lollipop.

When taking photos with the stock camera app, for continious shooting you just needed to keep your finger on the screen. Now you need to hold the vol. down button. Not nearly as intuitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

The_B_Man wrote: »
    She has that new candy crush game and refuses to sync it with Facebook so a factory reset would not only wipe her high score, it would also mean the end for my testicles!!

Sounds like you may install Helium
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Nono Toure

I have the 2nd gen Moto G, I updated to Lollipop 2 weeks ago which I regret..

Anyways, probably unrelated, but my phone has frozen with the words "com.google.process.gapps" across the screen. Today is the 1st time it's happened. I turned my phone off earlier for 2 mins and ever since I turned it back on it's been frozen.

I've googled those words, and I've watched YouTube videos on how to fix the problem in settings--->apps>download manager> disable, but it hasn't worked. I've tried a few more videos as well but none of their solutions has helped.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Flappy Burd

Hey guys.

Did a factory reset to get rid of Lollipop but although all my data was deleted lollipop is still on it!

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Hey guys.

Did a factory reset to get rid of Lollipop but although all my data was deleted lollipop is still on it!

Any ideas?

You will need to flash a new ROM onto it to get rid of Lollipop.

All factory reset does is delete user data and installed apps.

Advertisement