Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

You need to go into the options menu and turn off Zoolander mode.

Zoolander mode?:pac: I tried the veteran settings for vehicles but it didn't feel exactly like the controls in BF3. Its to do with the spot button being mapped to RB and battlelog being mapped to back. Its annoying but I'm getting there. Although I think helis handle great in it with these new controls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

tim3000 wrote: »
    I hate how the vehicles control really wish they had let it alone. I was playing in Lancang dam and had driven a tank behind an enemy tank but no matter which way I turned the stick I couldn,t get the tank to go left, very frustrating.

A tank, weighing absolute tonnes slides around the road like a honda civic on ice. Absolute farcical. NO traction whatsoever

Timmyctc wrote: »
    A tank, weighing absolute tonnes slides around the road like a honda civic on ice. Absolute farcical. NO traction whatsoever

The vehicles handle terrible all right hopefully they sort it out soon they feel like something you would see in CoD.

Another thing I dont like is the narrowness of some of the maps. The start of Rogue transmission is the worst. It has literally one road, up which everyone has to make their way no way to flank around the side unseen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

2 server + 4 standard crashes tonight already.:mad::mad::mad:

Lets hope the patch tomorrow helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

whatever they did I managed to get 3 maps of 800 tickets complete with only 1 crash. Usually I would crash in game or just before the results would appear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There's definitely something hardware orientated about the crashes, I've played dozens of games the past few days with zero crashes....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

There's definitely something hardware orientated about the crashes, I've played dozens of games the past few days with zero crashes....

I think there must be too.Most of mine are when the map changes but i do get some mid game also.
    I've even tried with no Cpu or Gpu overclocks and both win 7 and win 8.1 and made zero difference.Both are fresh installs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It looks like shít on the 360.....

Not happy with the freeshot hit points on aircraft. If I manage to RPG a helicopter, he deserves to be killed for allowing me to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

tim3000 wrote: »
    Zoolander mode?:pac: I tried the veteran settings for vehicles but it didn't feel exactly like the controls in BF3. Its to do with the spot button being mapped to RB and battlelog being mapped to back. Its annoying but I'm getting there. Although I think helis handle great in it with these new controls.

blame next gen for that. Both the ps4 and the xbox one have gotten rid of the traditional back/select buttons and have replaced them with odd community buttons.

And EA are really banking on a large move of battlefield players from 360/ps3 to the next gen.

hell I half expect the reason the game seems to look more like ass on 360 then bf3 ever did is because they want to push the 360 users to the xbox one.

My own grumble today is the the jinx that seems to exist with me an Hanan Resort. I get destroyed everytime I play that map and its not like panang dam which is just sh*t so i dont get how I do on it (I ussually just quit) but hanan is a fine enough map, I just get destroyed whenever I play on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I just get destroyed whenever I play on it.
    /makes mental note...

• Advertisement

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    blame next gen for that. Both the ps4 and the xbox one have gotten rid of the traditional back/select buttons and have replaced them with odd community buttons.

And EA are really banking on a large move of battlefield players from 360/ps3 to the next gen.

hell I half expect the reason the game seems to look more like ass on 360 then bf3 ever did is because they want to push the 360 users to the xbox one.

My own grumble today is the the jinx that seems to exist with me an Hanan Resort. I get destroyed everytime I play that map and its not like panang dam which is just sh*t so i dont get how I do on it (I ussually just quit) but hanan is a fine enough map, I just get destroyed whenever I play on it.

I do blame next gen for the poor controls, they shouldn't force us to play with next gen controls until we are actually on next gen consoles. It looks terrible on the 360 all right lots of pop up and terrible textures. Hainan resort is a grand map but I can barely play it, myself or someone I am in a party with usually freeze in the loading screen and have to reset. Its a broken game rushed to get out before CoD and development split between this gen and the next.

Shame really

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I spent all day yesterday playing Rogue Legacy, so I did not played BF4 at all. I fired it up tonight and had few games on Gaellords. I did not too bad, but we lost. Then played other map and our team lost stupidly bad. Opposite team had 550+++ Tickets left... :rolleyes: Then on third map we got just Base camped. After 1 kill 5 deaths, Our team having like 5-8 people less, I said **** it and was gone...
    Joined Celts server with "siege of Shanghai" map. Started off awesome! Infiltraded C, Counter Knifed some dude, poped a few heads and BANG!!! Game Crashed! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Enough of frustration today...

That was you quitting out and leaving us hanging, was it? Git :D

Me, I drop in front of the door to C on locker after a decent enough run (5 down for my one) and then, with half the other team shooting machine guns through the door and the other half throwing grenades through it, some fecker decides to revive me in the middle of all that. Accept the revive? Do I ****! Seriously, show some copon lads...

Sparks wrote: »
    That was you quitting out and leaving us hanging, was it? Git :D

Me, I drop in front of the door to C on locker after a decent enough run (5 down for my one) and then, with half the other team shooting machine guns through the door and the other half throwing grenades through it, some fecker decides to revive me in the middle of all that. Accept the revive? Do I ****! Seriously, show some copon lads...

I ran out of lube at that point lol. To rough without it, so hade to run away! :pac:

Paracel Storm. For when you don't actually ever want to have an infantry-v-infantry scrap, but instead want to spend ten minutes running and swimming between getting shot by a tank or a helo or an attack boat or a gunship or a jet.

Paracel Storm. For when you don't actually ever want to have an infantry-v-infantry scrap, but instead want to spend ten minutes running and swimming between getting shot by a tank or a helo or an attack boat or a gunship or a jet.

Thats why I stay in A and B and hold it as much as possible. If we got both already - I defend. I hate swimming to other Points. Most likely you will get Sniped or Boat sadomised.

Ah, the "stay here and help noone while being attacked by vehicles anyway" approach...

You know what the absolute worst part of battlefield 4 is?
    Without any doubt?

It's stupid timewasting vehicle wasting yahoo morons who join your squad with an M40 on maps like flood while the two engineers in the whole team get repeatedly chewed up while taking on the armour that's killing everyone. If pig-blind idiots actually changed class and tactics once in a while in response to the game, there would be far less precious gaming time urinated away by these spectacular wastes of cpu cycles! Now I know why Dice included incendiary and hand lamp grenades in the loadout - to mark teammates who have decided that the best way to help is to spawn with a sniper rifle and spend the game lying down in a corner praying someone stands in front of them stock still for the few minutes it'll take them to react the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Couldn't agree more. I even have a mate that was like that in BF3 and we'd be bawling him out over squad chat. Constantly spawned as support no matter what was happening in the game. Getting destroyed by excellent chopper pilots while their tanks are doing nothing? I'll spawn as support. Need to get revives on the go while attacking an MCOM and simultaneously bleeding tickets? I'll spawn as support. Incredibly infuriating, especially when he started complaining about those things in an amazing example of non existent self-awareness.

Unfortunately for me, the worst thing about BF4 is always going to be how utterly abysmal the game looks on Xbox 360. Time to move on to PC or next gen....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Band oF Brothers has a 3 sniper team limit, this should be a rule on all servers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Kit limiting should be built into server rather than an rcon tool add on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm not usually one for multiplayer FPS games, but I'm finding the lack of any kind of skill/level based match making incredibly frustrating, not much fun being thrown into games with hardened veterans who are level 30+ with all the best scopes and gear unlocked, very off putting for a new comer and really hampers you getting leveled up with it being so weighed in favor these guys, not their fault they do and should play the game as it's presented but very unfair towards a newbie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm not usually one for multiplayer FPS games, but I'm finding the lack of any kind of skill/level based match making incredibly frustrating, not much fun being thrown into games with hardened veterans who are level 30+ with all the best scopes and gear unlocked, very off putting for a new comer and really hampers you getting leveled up with it being so weighed in favor these guys, not their fault they do and should play the game as it's presented but very unfair towards a newbie :(

The starting guns you get in BF4 are capable of taking out guys quite easily...compared to most games, when you have to unlock the better guns.

The guns are, yes. If you happen to be levelcap or xfactor, you'd be sorted.
    The players, on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Got my first aimbots last night, both level 70+ with a amazing talent for 180 degree instant headshots. Is it not a bit early for this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The guns are, yes. If you happen to be levelcap or xfactor, you'd be sorted.
    The players, on the other hand...

Those guys are pretty average players tbh [and never claim to be otherwise] very fine youtubers though, as has been mentioned the starting weapons are pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

You know what the absolute worst part of battlefield 4 is?
    Without any doubt?

It's stupid timewasting vehicle wasting yahoo morons who join your squad with an M40 on maps like flood while the two engineers in the whole team get repeatedly chewed up while taking on the armour that's killing everyone. If pig-blind idiots actually changed class and tactics once in a while in response to the game, there would be far less precious gaming time urinated away by these spectacular wastes of cpu cycles! Now I know why Dice included incendiary and hand lamp grenades in the loadout - to mark teammates who have decided that the best way to help is to spawn with a sniper rifle and spend the game lying down in a corner praying someone stands in front of them stock still for the few minutes it'll take them to react the right way.

RANT! !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Dcully wrote: »
    Those guys are pretty average players tbh [and never claim to be otherwise] very fine youtubers though, as has been mentioned the starting weapons are pretty good.

Levelcap and Xfactor average players? Feck that brings me down to being absolute ****e?

Some of Xfactors tank skills are out of this world.

Saying that Matimi0 is the best of them, his TV missile skills are unnatural, also anyone see his latest SRAW video... feckin hell!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Some of Xfactors tank skills are out of this world

You should check out world of tanks on twitch tv.
    Levelcap and Xfactor average players? Feck that brings me down to being absolute ****e?

But you play on console dont you? unfair to compare yourself to PC controls.

• Advertisement

mozattack wrote: »
    RANT! !! :)

Darn tootin!
    AND after all that, the duvet got folded up inside its cover. It was not my night at all...
    Dcully wrote: »
    Those guys are pretty average players tbh
    Compared to professional gamers with their own ****buckets*, yes.
    Compared to joe public, not a hope in hell!

* What? Its a thing. Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR4s4QswGS4

Advertisement