Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 2520 Tablet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Griffinx wrote: »
    Carphone Warehouse UK are now also selling it for £399 but including the keyboard at that price

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/NOKIA_2520_WIFI_4G?intcmp=TabletLP_LUMIA2520

Brilliant I wonder if they'll deliver it to a store in the republic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Brilliant I wonder if they'll deliver it to a store in the republic.

Dont think they would, but you might be able to use parcel motel. Last resort go up to NI

Davy wrote: »
    Dont think they would, but you might be able to use parcel motel. Last resort go up to NI

Doesn't appear to be in stock in any of the NI stores.
    Waiting on a reply to an email I sent asking if they'll ship outside UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skittlemon

Doesn't appear to be in stock in any of the NI stores.
    Waiting on a reply to an email I sent asking if they'll ship outside UK.

If they get back to you if they will ship here, can you pop up a quick post, would be all over that if they did!

Skittlemon wrote: »
    If they get back to you if they will ship here, can you pop up a quick post, would be all over that if they did!

They got back to me and unfortunately, they won't ship outside the UK.

Looks like it's time to get in touch with some friends and family in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

They got back to me and unfortunately, they won't ship outside the UK.

Looks like it's time to get in touch with some friends and family in the UK.

use parcel motel.

jimmynokia wrote: »
    use parcel motel.

Not too familiar with it. How would that get around the problem?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not too familiar with it. How would that get around the problem?

CPW would ship it to the nightline depot in NI, then nightline deliver it to your local motel in the ROI

http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

Price is €3.50

http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/2520-charger/
    Nokia is announcing a product advisory for the European and UK variant of the AC-300 charger, which is used exclusively with the Lumia 2520 tablet. Consumers in Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Russia, Switzerland and UK are strongly advised to suspend use of the charger until further notice. Also, consumers who purchased the Lumia 2520 travel charger accessory in Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Russia, Switzerland, UK and the US are strongly advised to suspend use of the travel charger accessory.

In total, approximately 30,000 chargers are impacted by this advisory. This includes approximately 600 travel charger accessories sold in the US.

During an internal quality control process, Nokia identified a potential product quality issue that may potentially lead to a safety concern with certain AC-300 chargers, manufactured by a third-party supplier. Under certain conditions, the plastic cover of the charger’s exchangeable plug could come loose and separate. If loose and separated, certain internal components may cause an electric shock if touched while the plug remains in the live socket.

If you have an AC-300 charger and would like to receive more information as it becomes available, please send us your details using this form:

www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Sales of 2520 temporarily suspended due to the potential charger hazard issue

http://m.gsmarena.com/nokia_suspends_the_sales_of_the_lumia_2520_over_safety_concerns-news-8314.php

• Advertisement

Wonder what effect that'll have on the supply/demand.

Wonder what effect that'll have on the supply/demand.

Supply and demand!!
    One of the worst product launches I've ever seen.

Those consumers with an affected charger will be sent a replacement EU plug to attach to their charger base. We will also send a gift voucher to those people that register on the website by 31 May 2014, to help compensate for the inconvenience caused by this situation.

For those with an affected charger, we recommend that you register using this web-form to enable Microsoft Mobile to provide a replacement plug for the affected part. www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/contact/

Once you have received the replacement, instructions for fitting the new part can be found here: www.nokia.com/global/2520-charger-fix

We will also provide a pre-paid return label to return the potentially affected charger plug to Microsoft Mobile, so that it can be properly recycled.

Those consumers with an affected charger will be sent a replacement EU plug to attach to their charger base. We will also send a gift voucher to those people that register on the website by 31 May 2014, to help compensate for the inconvenience caused by this situation.

£80 for amazon.co.uk is nice.

New adapters had been shipping for the past week or two also.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

Has anyone heard from Nokia and got the charger replaced?

Has anyone heard from Nokia and got the charger replaced?

I received the new piece to fit the charger on May 12th. Shipped by DHL with a prepaid envelope to return the faulty one.

Code for £80 arrived earlier today via email.

I received the new piece to fit the charger on May 12th. Shipped by DHL with a prepaid envelope to return the faulty one.

Code for £80 arrived earlier today via email.

Did you have to register?

Did you have to register?

Click the link a few posts up, enter your details and you will receive the new pins for the charger

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Johnny Derpp

Lads where is the best palce to buy one of these?

Expansys is the only 'reliable' site I can see stoking them but they want €700 for the lot including the keyboard!!!!!

Tried John Lewis via Parcel Motel?

• Advertisement

I saw one in PC World Liffey Valley, or was it Dixons, cant remember

you must have been seeing things,was probably the surface you seen.

They have them in PC world Liffey valley...€519..see attached pic

hefty price lol..that slid in rather quietly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I love the graphics description. .. :)

didn't know ms office is the new graphics card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 WarKitteh

Not really that expensive when you look at the superlative specs in comparison to anything from Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Johnny Derpp

Tried John Lewis via Parcel Motel?
    I didn't not think of them.
    I was trying for the red version lol/

It says keyboard included though...
    For 519, that seems like a steal, no?

It says keyboard included though...
    For 519, that seems like a steal, no?

Cinsidered it's near EOL and RT no.

• Advertisement

Cinsidered it's near EOL and RT no.

The tablet is near EOL, but surely they're not pulling the plug on support already? And even though they lost millions on RT, it didn't appear that they were abandoning it altogether.

Advertisement