Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 2520 Tablet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

I hope when this tablet is made widely available its sales fail dramatically! I hate those tactics companies often use,like giving john lewis exclusivity for the first few months.its sticking 2 fingers up to potential customers.they certainly wont be getting my hard earned anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I hope when this tablet is made widely available its sales fail dramatically! I hate those tactics companies often use,like giving john lewis exclusivity for the first few months.its sticking 2 fingers up to potential customers.they certainly wont be getting my hard earned anyway.

While i agree with your exclusivity deal point why do you hope it fails? What benefit is that to you personally?

jimmynokia wrote: »
    While i agree with your exclusivity deal point why do you hope it fails? What benefit is that to you personally?

personal inner satisfaction, and maybe companies like nokia might re-think the way they launch their new products in future.

personal inner satisfaction, and maybe companies like nokia might re-think the way they launch their new products in future.

Happens with them all, and the roll out of this could have been better.

Happens with them all, and the roll out of this could have been better.

I actually really wanted to get one of these at launch, I know there are ways around and I could of got one shipped from john lewis, but I really couldn't be arsed. the way things are going in the tech world these days, 2 months would almost make a "new" product out of date. the new nexus 10 is rumoured to be launched this year, I will be hanging on for that. I didn't really need the lumia 2520 as I have the current nexus 10 and the nexus 7, but I,m a sucker for new tech. if the lumia had of been available in ,say, pc world I know I would of definitely impulse bought it.

• Advertisement

I actually really wanted to get one of these at launch, I know there are ways around and I could of got one shipped from john lewis, but I really couldn't be arsed. the way things are going in the tech world these days, 2 months would almost make a "new" product out of date. the new nexus 10 is rumoured to be launched this year, I will be hanging on for that. I didn't really need the lumia 2520 as I have the current nexus 10 and the nexus 7, but I,m a sucker for new tech. if the lumia had of been available in ,say, pc world I know I would of definitely impulse bought it.

Lots wanted it, yet total silence on it the Americans got the first call and then John lewis, why John lewis is beyond me, and now when or if it's available here and who Brags/exclusivity maybe to late. I'm the same I want something and can't wait, and I won't wait and again other devices replace things rather quickly these days, it's probably to late for Ireland and the 2520 now unless the price comes down and they throw in the kb.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

Has anyone been able to purchase the keyboard/cover?

They are still not showing on the John Lewis site.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Lots wanted it, yet total silence on it the Americans got the first call and then John lewis, why John lewis is beyond me, and now when or if it's available here and who Brags/exclusivity maybe to late. I'm the same I want something and can't wait, and I won't wait and again other devices replace things rather quickly these days, it's probably to late for Ireland and the 2520 now unless the price comes down and they throw in the kb.

True.
    And this isn't the first time Nokias name has been mentioned in this regard.
    Either they don't listen to feedback or there must be some financing issue related to the exclusivity deals.

True.
    And this isn't the first time Nokias name has been mentioned in this regard.
    Either they don't listen to feedback or there must be some financing issue related to the exclusivity deals.

Results prove today this is a factor to consider whilst i have had several discussions today with others,what has to change..

Exclusivity-Has to stop.
    Announcement to launch date looked at,this was improving but halted.
    Communication in certain regions from PR that hold nokia accounts social media,some of it is dire,this has been documented in many regions.
    Interaction with the public,better information,better availability options,not tied to certain regions.
    Regardless ireland having a small share and others new things need looking into,this will help,advertising here is more or less non existent,this has been put down to budget constraints but hey they have a website,have twitter and facebook,this can be used,currently very lame in its approach to helping out and giving info.

Results prove today this is a factor to consider whilst i have had several discussions today with others,what has to change..

Exclusivity-Has to stop.

How do you mean? Do you mean they are doing it because they couldn't break the market otherwise, or are you saying they do it because it pays to do it?

• Advertisement

How do you mean? Do you mean they are doing it because they couldn't break the market otherwise, or are you saying they do it because it pays to do it?

No exclusivity is not always good,never been popular and bagging a network is also not always a financial win.

Look now here,again the 1520 exclusive to vodafone,what happened with the rest,O2 where the ones to begin with..

Keyboard is now available on John Lewis site. £150 ~ €180...scandalous price

http://www.johnlewis.com/nokia-power-keyboard-case-for-lumia-2520/p945056?navAction=jump

**** right off.

Gone down to £99 now..

Gone down to £99 now..

Slightly more realistic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Griffinx wrote: »
    Slightly more realistic

Ye would agree. Can't see many going for it tbh, I personally prefer it without the keyboard for most things. You can fold the keyboard cover to hold the tablet for touch use without having to remove the case which is good.

EDIT: now sold out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I don't know if it's that bad a price it's about the same price Dell are charging for their mobile keyboard case.

Davy wrote: »

EDIT: now sold out

Glad I hit the purchase button this morning

So about €590 for the pair.

Improvment on before but still a little steep.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So about €590 for the pair.

Improvment on before but still a little steep.

About the same price as a surface 2 with type cover. They should really be trying to under cut the surface 2.

About the same price as a surface 2 with type cover. They should really be trying to under cut the surface 2.

Yup still too expensive..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yup still too expensive..

Are most people buying the 2520 going to want/buy the su-42 with it?

Personally I don't find the keyboard essential, and a lot of the time I remove the tablet from it. It adds quite a bit of weight, so unless doing a lot of typing I find it handier without it. It does act as a great case, but one thing I did notice over time was it shows up a lot of dirt on the black cover, not sure if the red is similar but the material acts as a magnet.

it's RT ote="Davy;88843248"]Are most people buying the 2520 going to want/buy the su-42 with it?

Personally I don't find the keyboard essential, and a lot of the time I remove the tablet from it. It adds quite a bit of weight, so unless doing a lot of typing I find it handier without it. It does act as a great case, but one thing I did notice over time was it shows up a lot of dirt on the black cover, not sure if the red is similar but the material acts as a magnet.[/quote]

I'd imagine at least 50% would yeah, and it's a dirt magnet I know, but the overall cost of tablet considered it's RT is expensive.

http://dx.com/p/x-style-protective-tpu-back-case-for-nokia-lumia-2520-black-285160

Got this last month and its a decent fit, ideal when the keyboard isnt attached or for someone not buying the keyboard.

Comes in black, blue or translucent white.

In this video at 1:24, the guy says they keyboard is disabled in that mode..that means presumably it should work with the onscreen keyboard but I can't get it to work like that.

I like the using it as at 1:24 because it should be like the using the tablet without the keyboard getting in the way without having to actually disconnect it.

Maybe I'm hoping for too much.... any ideas?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eg8wBfAdPo

Tablet reduced by £100...£299 now in John Lewis, good price I think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It undercuts the Surface 2 price and puts it at not much more than the original Surface RT so that's pretty competitive.

Any price drop on the keyboard though?

• Advertisement

Carphone Warehouse UK are now also selling it for £399 but including the keyboard at that price

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/NOKIA_2520_WIFI_4G?intcmp=TabletLP_LUMIA2520

Advertisement