Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

crisco10 wrote: »
    What's with that?

In a recent update to Garmin Connect, Garmin added the functionality of naming a run based on your starting point. Looks like Ireland has very few 'starting points' in their database, with most runs in the Dublin area being classified as 'Kilkeel Running', which is somewhere in Northern Ireland!!!
    Anyway if you are connected to Dublin running friends on Garmin Connect you'll see multiple runs named as Kilkeel Running in your feed before they edit them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    In a recent update to Garmin Connect, Garmin added the functionality of naming a run based on your starting point. Looks like Ireland has very few 'starting points' in their database, with most runs in the Dublin area being classified as 'Kilkeel Running', which is somewhere in Northern Ireland!!!
    Anyway if you are connected to Dublin running friends on Garmin Connect you'll see multiple runs named as Kilkeel Running in your feed before they edit them.

I have been running in Dungannon ove the Xmas and all my runs are titled 'Dungannon Running' :D

menoscemo wrote: »
    I have been running in Dungannon ove the Xmas and all my runs are titled 'Dungannon Running' :D

Must have been a Nordie on the dev team :D, my run started outside Greystones today as is logged as Trearddur Community Running, you can see Wales from Greystones on a clear sunny day - so close enough :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭opus

That's gas, just checked & GC is still putting in my runs as 'Untitled', maybe Cork is just too remote for it to come up with some name :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

opus wrote: »
    That's gas, just checked & GC is still putting in my runs as 'Untitled', maybe Cork is just too remote for it to come up with some name :)

Every run of mine is kilkeel too. ..annoying. .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

My Garmin 305. I have it 3 years now and it's never caused me one bit of bother. It might not be the slickest looking watch out there but I wouldn't trade it in for anything! Wonder how long more it'll last me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Ososlo wrote: »
    My Garmin 305. I have it 3 years now and it's never caused me one bit of bother. It might not be the slickest looking watch out there but I wouldn't trade it in for anything! Wonder how long more it'll last me!

Mine lasted 4 years .... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Mine lasted 4 years .... :rolleyes:

Mine lasted 4 years and then Garmin replaced it, fairly cheaply.

While I'm at it, why does anyone use by Garmin Connect? Haven't ye heard of Strava?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Mine is 4 in March, should I expect an implosion? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

IM t-shirt guy gets taught a lesson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,964 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anti Water Charge protesting quietens down the last few weeks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

walshb wrote: »
    Anti Water Charge protesting quietens down the last few weeks....
    Plans to shut down the country next Wednesday. Block the M50, Luas lines and the ports. Going on their facebook page 4000 have signed up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

gerard_65 wrote: »
    Plans to shut down the country next Wednesday. Block the M50, Luas lines and the ports. Going on their facebook page 4000 have signed up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

ultraman1 wrote: »

4010 cos you are worth at least 10 ordinary Liveline listeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Vito Andolini

rom wrote: »
    IM t-shirt guy gets taught a lesson.]

You beat me too it was about to post it,

rom wrote: »
    IM t-shirt guy gets taught a lesson.

IM T-Shirt is the only one of those two that performed a proper push up, so really he taught the other lad a lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ultrapercy wrote: »
    IM T-Shirt is the only one of those two that performed a proper push up, so really he taught the other lad a lesson.

Was going to say that earlier. Red guy barely did even 1/4 pushups, reminds me of the Ray Darcy show pushup challenge

menoscemo wrote: »
    Was going to say that earlier. Red guy barely did even 1/4 pushups, reminds me of the Ray Darcy show pushup challenge

sweet Lord that's comical but at least it gets people exercising so It must be a good thing.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Gotta love saladaters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Gotta love saladaters

:confused: Must resist urge to ask what on earth that means ..... :confused:

• Advertisement

regina_00.jpg?resize=640%2C640

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    regina_00.jpg?resize=640%2C640

I actually feel a bit nauseous just looking at that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Going to Westport tomorrow. Looking forward to running the Greenway between Westport and Newport over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

davedanon wrote: »
    Going to Westport tomorrow. Looking forward to running the Greenway between Westport and Newport over the weekend.

look at you ranting and raving...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

I ran it during the summer, it is really a fantastic resource, however if you're limited to time, I would recommend doing either of the other 2 sections, especially from Mullranney to Achille. It's only a short drive out to Mullranney and you could then run in either direction.

Enjoy it, I'm sure it'll be almost tropical! :D

wrstan wrote: »
    I ran it during the summer, it is really a fantastic resource, however if you're limited to time, I would recommend doing either of the other 2 sections, especially from Mullranney to Achille. It's only a short drive out to Mullranney and you could then run in either direction.

Enjoy it, I'm sure it'll be almost tropical! :D

I've been on the sections from Newport to Achill, and they're wonderful. However, the other half's reaction to the news that my running gear will be accompanying us has rather persuaded me that Westport/Newport might be the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

I've been on the sections from Newport to Achill, and they're wonderful. However, the other half's reaction to the news that my running gear will be accompanying us has rather persuaded me that Westport/Newport might be the best option.
    Chose your route carefully it's quite exposed in places and Mayo is taking a bit of a battering at the moment. Enjoy!

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Chose your route carefully it's quite exposed in places and Mayo is taking a bit of a battering at the moment. Enjoy!

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

The weather! OMG it's just perfect!

• Advertisement

SamforMayo wrote: »

Planned on running 12-14 miles on Sunday morning. However, the Westport town greenway was so icy I gave up after 5. Fell a couple of times too. Had to do 12 on Monday on my return to Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement