Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Rave: Setting a goal, telling people about it and hearing that they believe in you, that you can do it...and then PROVING THEM RIGHT!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

A little planning issue we've been having recently was decided in our favour today - the feeling of relief - didn't realize it was bothering me that much:D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Women's Meet and Train Cross Country in Dunboyne
    Great to see so many competitors of all ages- participation/competition profile in athletics puts many other sports to shame

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jonosam

PaulieC wrote: »
    Rave: Getting a 200 euro One4All voucher. :p
    Not so Rave: Amphibian King don't take them :(

Base2race accepts it in Ballymount i think. Worth a phone call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

First free run all year where I could run free as a bird with no pressure whatsoever. ..no app...no hassle just me my tunes and I! Totally got the buzz back! !!

I just hope I didn't look a bit like Phoebe from friends :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

THE most fantastic documentary on Glasnevin Cemetery on tv tonight. Irish tv at its best. Heart wrenchingly sad also knowing what was coming at the end with the main protagonist. Beyond words.... Life can be so sad... ok this ain't a rave anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Mountain Biking. I haven't been running for a week due to a foot injury of some sort and I was getting antsy. Spent a few hours down on the trails in Ballinastoe today and had a blast. I haven't probably ridden a bike in at least 5 years, but one I got the hang of it and let go somewhat, it was an absolute hoot.

Rant: apparently decent bikes cost about 2.5k...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Yep, and after kit and modifications, that can nearly hit 3.5k. It's painful handing out that much money. There's a bike in my LBS that costs 13k!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

I love it,,,takes a while but sure is good wen it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

ultraman1 wrote: »

I was watching an episode of the Simpsons yesterday where Lisa took all of Moe's random scribbles and fragment and patched them together to create an epic poem like T.S. Eliot's, The Wasteland. I am considering doing something similar with your posts on here! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

You talking about the Liverpool win today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Sex?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

pconn062 wrote: »
    I was watching an episode of the Simpsons yesterday where Lisa took all of Moe's random scribbles and fragment and patched them together to create an epic poem like T.S. Eliot's, The Wasteland. I am considering doing something similar with your posts on here! :)
    That a fantastic idea! Let us know when it is published.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Supermacs at the end of a hard night. Maybe it's the culchie in me.. but nothing can compare. Hits the sweet spot like nothing else :)

Holy moly...just putting on some fake tan for the Christmas party on Fri. ..The muscles on me feckin legs!!! Woohoo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Holy moly...just putting on some fake tan for the Christmas party on Fri. ..The muscles on me feckin legs!!! Woohoo!!!

I hoping you're a female :)

TbL

I hoping you're a female :)

TbL

Haahaa...don't men enjoy a bit of fake tan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Haahaa...don't men enjoy a bit of fake tan?

No, but when I was a young lad, I used to enjoy what was underneath it!!!!

TbL

No, but when I was a young lad, I used to enjoy what was underneath it!!!!

TbL

Oooh...Suits you Sir! !

• Registered Users Posts: 55,162 ✭✭✭✭walshb

A sandwich on fresh turnover bread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

This show "Impractical Jokers" is top notch entertainment. Not usually one for reality TV but the concept of this one is brilliant. A hidden camera show where the jokes are on themselves as much as strangers. Comedy Central most nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

Back in the sticks after a three week stretch in college in Galway. Beautiful 9 miler under the moonlight on a chilly Friday night, no one but me and the road. Bliss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Enniscorthy 10k for 10 euro, great value indeed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Enniscorthy 10k for 10 euro, great value indeed.....

Agreed. €10 is an absolute steal.
    I ate double that the last time I was there :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

got under 21 minutes for first time in parkrun yesterday! next target is 20!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Paddington , such a lovely film compared to some of the crap I have had to sit through.
    Guilt free Peanut M&M s at cinema after running a nice pb.
    Finally finding the perfect pair of jeans after a very long search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Having given up running 5 or 6 years ago with the odd half arse attempt to get back at it. I only started running again in September I did my first sub 50 minutes 10km without pushing myself this morning. Oh how I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Running into a hail shower today in shorts while 2 lycra clad cyclist took refuge under a tree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Mountain Biking. I haven't been running for a week due to a foot injury of some sort and I was getting antsy. Spent a few hours down on the trails in Ballinastoe today and had a blast. I haven't probably ridden a bike in at least 5 years, but one I got the hang of it and let go somewhat, it was an absolute hoot.

Bike to Work scheme and a fancy Christmas present (not a 2.8k one I might add)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Today I signed up for 3 races next year. My first ever 5 mile in Raheny, then a 5k in Sandymount and then my first ever 10k in Wicklow. All this is leading up to me hopefully attempting my first ever half marathon at the Rock n' Roll half.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement