Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,991 ✭✭✭✭walshb

KJ wrote: »
    Today I signed up for 3 races next year. My first ever 5 mile in Raheny, then a 5k in Sandymount and then my first ever 10k in Wicklow. All this is leading up to me hopefully attempting my first ever half marathon at the Rock n' Roll half.

You'll be in Rio in no time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Seeing Liverpool crash out of the Champions League :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭opus

Final week of the c25k program at work today, must say it was amazing to see some of the people who had problems doing 60 secs of jogging on week one manage 28 mins of jogging today!

We're doing the 5k run next week and one of the people has wrangled t-shirts & some goodies from work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

The calm after the storm - great day for cycling into work today. Built enough character on the way home the last two evenings to last me a little while :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

A gentle run on a crisp frosty morning, safe in the knowledge that there's hot coffee waiting and a couple of White Gypsy's in the fridge for later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Running:)
    I've been waiting for the novelty to wear off every day for the past 3 years but it's ain't going nowhere:)
    How cool is it to be addicted to something so healthy! And something you can do every day and sometimes twice a day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Black sheep ale. why am I only finding out about this now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Andy Lee, well done lad, well deserved. One of sports nice guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Bulbs, you would need a degree to buy a flipping bulb these days and I could nt find a bulb under 8 euro in the shop. Jaysus I did nt want the house rewired!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

If it couldn't catch up with you over a mile either it's a very old and slow dog or you've become an international class miler!

Rant: slow dogs :)

TbL

Very very small dog ;)

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Bulbs, you would need a degree to buy a flipping bulb these days and I could nt find a bulb under 8 euro in the shop. Jaysus I did nt want the house rewired!

I buy my bulbs on amazon. Found that you can normally get 10 for the price of two in the shops for non standard bulbs.

rom wrote: »
    I buy my bulbs on amazon. Found that you can normally get 10 for the price of two in the shops for non standard bulbs.

Well I would never have thought of that , thanks. Also I meant to put this in the rant thread!

Wife double checking that her watch is charging for the morning. I think she is hooked ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

rom wrote: »
    I do this from Amazon via parcel motel. Great saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I do this from Amazon via parcel motel. Great saving.

Parcel Motel in the jocker with demand, once you don't need your bulbs this side of Christmas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Parcel Motel in the jocker with demand, once you don't need your bulbs this side of Christmas ;)
    Seems like parcel motel have become the anti Santa
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Nothing interesting to say - but 6,000th post - Boardies it's been interesting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

The weather app on my phone has a lifestyle section

Running forecast - poor
    Jogging forecast - poor (is there ever goog weather for jogging and bad weather for running :))
    Cycling forecast - poor
    Golf forecast - poor
    Tennis forecast - poor
    Kite flying forecast - very good

Now get out there, you've no excuses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 runningman67

I wish I could get out but the "weather bomb" seems to be a permanent fixture!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

HTFU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Ron Hill - Brought up 50 years running every day with a Parkrun today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I wish I could get out but the "weather bomb" seems to be a permanent fixture!!!

:confused: I've been running every day and not once were the conditions even remotely challenging. Where are you based? Antarctica?

Oops, better make this a rave: Running in Winter. Love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Hangover runs. The best cure EVER!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Ososlo wrote: »
    Hangover runs. The best cure EVER!!!!

Especially if you follow it up with a couple of stiff Bloody Marys.

The excitement of Christmas Eve for small kids, it's infectious! My poor fella lost his tooth this evening and was in a heap worrying that the tooth fairy would eat Santa s mince pie! There will be a que of mythical creatures through here tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

SamforMayo wrote: »
    The excitement of Christmas Eve for small kids, it's infectious! My poor fella lost his tooth this evening and was in a heap worrying that the tooth fairy would eat Santa s mince pie! There will be a que of mythical creatures through here tonight....

And did you not tell him to be quiet and stop moaning,
    Christmas is for the kids :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

Just copped on as to why everyone was on about 'kilkeel' running.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

gerard_65 wrote: »
    Just copped on as to why everyone was on about 'kilkeel' running.:pac:

What's with that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement