Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The rave thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Running.
    It's like being on this crazy natural high for years. Seriously there is like nothing negative about it.
    How lucky are we!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

opus wrote: »
    Didn't know there was anything other than the generic program. It was a cross section of people really, desk bound jobs (mainly women) and the feedback from week 1 day 1 was that only one person struggled a bit at the very end. I took the jogging bits very handy as you might guess. Hopefully they will do the other two days of week 1 on their own before next weeks session as I kept telling them that it was all about consistently doing the 3 sessions every week.

I'll have a look later to see if I can find the c2 (sub 20min) 5k variant for the really eager types ;)

thanks - if a c2(sub20min) 5k is available I'll use it myself ;) Think my group will be mainly women with young kids who haven't done anything in a while. Will be starting it straight from the school after they drop them in & likewise hope they do the other days themselves or find someone else to do those days with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Anyone hear the DCM ad on the radio? Apparently I'm going to be 2cm shorter for a while after Monday. Sweet!! I'll finally be able to walk drunk through my kitchen door without hitting my head:)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Black pudding, eggs and beans in the canteen in work after a morning swim :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Bagels. Poppy-seed ones, toasted with ham, cheese and mayo. Yum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭saucyjack

Anyone hear the DCM ad on the radio? Apparently I'm going to be 2cm shorter for a while after Monday. Sweet!! I'll finally be able to walk drunk through my kitchen door without hitting my head:)

I've always wondered why my withings health app has a widget for tracking my height....as well as the usual BMI, exercise, blood pressure etc....now I know :) Thanks!

Sh1te - that's the end of me with marathons - can't afford to be losing any cms or I'll disappear ! I'm 5'1" (the 1" is in dispute if truth be told but I'm claiming it and not going to be measured anytime soon). :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Ososlo wrote: »
    Running.
    It's like being on this crazy natural high for years. Seriously there is like nothing negative about it.
    How lucky are we!

Missed a couple of sessions this week and was a narky fecker, everything got on my t1ts.
    Yesterday; 2k swim at lunchtime and a 10k run before dinner and I was completely transformed; like flicking a good-mood switch.
    The dog has even come out from under the table:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

Running.
    How lucky are we!

Well said Ososlo! As much as we often complain about having to go out for a run nobody ever says 'Damn I really regret doing that run'!

Someone doing something nice for you at the end of a sh1te week - made my day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

18 days off work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

The magic of cortisone!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Got Rugby World Cup Tickets for the quarter final weekend in Cardiff !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

kit3 wrote: »
    Someone doing something nice for you at the end of a sh1te week - made my day :)

Hope you are better and Monday goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Long discontinued but badly missed Brooks Green Silence on sale at Frankfurt expo for €40! Sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Long discontinued but badly missed Brooks Green Silence on sale at Frankfurt expo for €40! Sweet

Like Xmas morning for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I really hope that there'll be some at the Dublin expo. Doubt it though...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

I'm looking forward to Monday and the end of all of the taper madness that others seem to suffer with.
    At least by teatime on Monday the only race on the planet Marathon in Dublin will be over and we can all get back to the main business of not dissecting internet videos, dissecting statistics or history of events and most importantly not pretending to be people we aren't and causing a right sh1tstorm over in training logs....:)
    Except for TFB...who will still insist a 50km isn't a real ultra :D

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Hope you are better and Monday goes well.

Hi Sam. Afraid I'm out - made the call last weekend - just as well as still coughing up a storm & no energy. Was pi$$ed off about it but was handed a new goal yesterday for February that I'm really looking forward to so it's taken the edge off it. Would only have been crawling around at this stage & risking injury etc. Head has moved on to my new goal now just need the lungs to follow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Following the Frankfurt live thread and seeing the progress the guys are making and the great times set.

Good weather in late October. It's going to be a thoroughly pleasant run in T-shirt and shorts after work today, even if it's dark before I leave the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

hot showers after a marathon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Walking up stairs in one go after doing a pb that was 5 years in the making in a marathon the day before:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

chinguetti wrote: »
    Walking up stairs in one go after doing a pb that was 5 years in the making in a marathon the day before:D

Getting back down is the real problem

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭saucyjack

Curry Chip, I've missed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭chinguetti

PaulieC wrote: »
    Getting back down is the real problem

Staying upstairs forever:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Waking up and finding an Amphibian King voucher worth a fortune in my bag :D
    AMAZING novices!!!!!!!! Now to the rant thread about my hangover :(
    But I came home with more money than I left home with yesterday morning:D so it's happy days!!!!

Waking up and finding an Amphibian King voucher worth a fortune in my bag :D

Pretty much the opposite gift to the ENORMOUS box of chocolates I got after mentoring the novices in 2010 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Match Attax cards. Who ever came up with them is a genius. They keep children busy for hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement