Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BeebRock - The BBC4/BBC3/BBC2/BBC1 Music Programmes thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Nothing to this breakdancy malarkey.

*destroys all furniture with one spin*

:(

I thought they were the Royal Shakespeare Company :(

They have a misleading uniform :D

Those chains sure are mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Flick Colby's Zoo must have been turning in their graves looking at their replacement here with Howard.

What's all that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,873 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Howard Jones to himself "oh I know interpretive dance, never goes out of style"

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

I wanna kiss the bride.

Course you do, Elton :pac:

not my favourite EJ song but he has some belters in the next year or 2

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

'Uptown Girl' by Billy Joel at No.25.

Shame it wasn't a bigger hit. :pac:

'Uptown Girl' by Billy Joel at No.25.

Shame it wasn't a bigger hit. :pac:

Ha, he also did a duet with George Michael a bit later called 'Wrap Her Up'. Ahem.

Andy Peebles going out on a limb with his flat Depeche Mode pronunciation.

He must not have read the Big TOTP Presenters Pronunciation Guide Book.

• Advertisement

depeche mode goes to show that 2 years of piano practice as a kid doesnt go to waste

THE SAFETY DANCE!

YEAH! :D

safety dance, give it a week and its going down

So this is what England looked like in 1983 :D

Black Lace have 'the dance record of the moment'.

*shudder*

Yay...ABC! :)

*record scratches*

Noooo...the 'Beauty Stab' period! :(

Can't complain, mustn't grumble.

Help yourself to another piece of apple cruuuuumble.

*shudder*

I was a fan of ABC back in the day,must have a look for these again, prob on youtube

ABC-Lexicon.jpg

MI0001975416.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭cml387

I don't think this video portrays Donna Summer in her best light.

Edit: Oh I see what she did there.

Musical Youth not concentrating in class...too much Dutchie behind the bikesheds, methinks.

• Advertisement

Musical Youth not concentrating in class...too much Dutchie behind the bikesheds, methinks.

it wasnt about cooking :eek:

lol do you think Quo minded having the piss taken out of them before they play

This is a radical change in musical direction for them.

But enough about Musical Youth, here's the Quo :pac:

Can't beat Madness videos :)

I always though that The Sun And The Rain was a rather tuneless song written around one piano riff.

how was there a market for shakin' , it seemed to make sense at the time but still....

Stop dancing and fix my car, ya mook! :D

silverharp wrote: »
    how was there a market for shakin' , it seemed to make sense at the time but still....
    My thoughts exactly.
    Pretty mediocre TOTP overall. It goes to show it was definitely not all classics. We have of course yet to make it to 1984 (the best ever year for music).

cml387 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly.
    Pretty mediocre TOTP overall. It goes to show it was definitely not all classics. We have of course yet to make it to 1984 (the best ever year for music).

speaking of which, safety dance normally makes it into tacky 80's chart reviews :pac:

84 should be good alright

• Advertisement

Thanks SkidX. Carly Simon being recorded this evening.

Really enjoyed REM look back last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement