Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [Sunshine & Lollipops]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'm pretty sure that if you hit every Zuni Rocket you get the same damage as the TOW, laser and TV missile. For infantry there great, for everything else, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,065 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I'm pretty sure that if you hit every Zuni Rocket you get the same damage as the TOW, laser and TV missile. For infantry there great, for everything else, meh.

That's the thing, much faster damage using 1 TOW versus 8 Zuni rockets. More accurate too, in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

That's the thing, much faster damage using 1 TOW versus 8 Zuni rockets. More accurate too, in my experience

True but you can run from tanks its when you get lots of infantry and low flying choppers like on dawnbreaker i find it works great .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,376 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Finally broke 20 kills in TDM with 21k/7d. And the icing on the cake was that it was on Siege of Shanghai which I usually do crap in. Also had a 17k/4d game last night which is my best k/d ratio in one game.

Admittedly, a few other matches I was absolutely crap in. But overall a pretty successful night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Unlocked the 30mm cannon for the mobile AA.

Chopper flew overhead and I absolutely shredded it in about 3 seconds, it's massively powerful against air now if they get within striking distance of the cannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

For now, at least... due a nerf in the next update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Tazzimus wrote: »

Chopper flew overhead and I absolutely shredded it in about 3 seconds, it's massively powerful against air now if they get within striking distance of the cannon.

As in the whole map ha ha hopefully it gets a change so it scatters more at range or drops a lot. Need second assault soon getting tired of playing the same maps .

The weapons are viewable through the load out selection screen, m60, as val, some sniper I haven't seen before, the Dao 12 and the f2000. I wonder what assignments will need to be done.

There've been a few videos on youtube showing the new weapons and the new maps if you're curious...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

does the same to jeeps and rub boats too and a few bursts into the arse of an armored vehcile will do about 30-40 damage as well with 30mm.

that's not to mention being able to pepper infantry across the map easier too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

miju wrote: »
    does the same to jeeps and rub boats too and a few bursts into the arse of an armored vehcile will do about 30-40 damage as well with 30mm.

that's not to mention being able to pepper infantry across the map easier too :)
    I can confirm it fecks up infantry too, I was on the receiving end..

Range probably could do with a nerf though, it can cover a very large chunk of the map on its own. Damage can be left as is thank you very much.

• Advertisement

I can confirm it fecks up infantry too, I was on the receiving end..

Range probably could do with a nerf though, it can cover a very large chunk of the map on its own. Damage can be left as is thank you very much.

depends on map, 30mm does have a limited range. 20mm has longer but alot harder to kill infantry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Thought I'd update you on how I'm getting on with BF since I asked for advice. At the time I was using the AK5C as it was the only carbine I had unlocked and I wanted to run engineer.

I'm sticking with the AK5C, I tried some of the other carbines and found that the first carbine is arguably the best as a jack of all trades type of gun, which is what I was after. The ACW I didn't like, good up close but struggled at range, I'm used to the AK5C and am happy with it. I plan to unlock everything on it then move on to the AKu12 and then G36C.

I'm also starting to get a much better grip on the game itself, as from playing lone wolf in big conquest matches I was struggling, but since joining in with the lads from the Xbox One thread, I find my game has improved. I'm typically going around 20 kills 10 deaths and doing better with objectives.

Considering I'm getting lag and sitting in queues much less, I am really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Is this the Easter Egg people were looking for thinking it was Megalodon still pretty cool and something the whole map would notice.

Finally went back to my beloved A91
    Dont care what the stats or anybody says its my favourite gun .

osheen wrote: »

Have to agree with you am dying to start using it again after I finished working through the unlocks for my G36C

• Registered Users Posts: 10,065 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Pretty good progress this evening; finished the Phantom Program assignment and finally got my K/D ratio into the positive. Only took 3800 kills or so :P

Had some pretty good games over the weekend though the highlight of my gaming weekend definitely had to be this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

My mate and myself had spawned with mortars to kill some camping scum (x7 of em!) who were over point Bravo on Flood Plane.

Que an empty roof (we only winged em and killed the radio beacon) and a 5 man hit squad showing up to wipe us out (we killed 2 of them). Nice to be loved. :pac: Still got the roof clear.....

I did manage to kill a dick sniper with the mortar who had tried to kill me from range, and got a kill or two @ point Delta including a chap who had hopped out of his LAV to repair it after I gave it a few shells :D

I also manage to unlock the shotty and got my first kill with it while running around with a DMR.

Today was a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Managed to get a double kill with a flashbang earlier on Operation Locker. Didn't even know it was possible to kill people with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

osheen wrote: »

Finally tried this out last night, have to agree it's a great little gun. What setup do you run on it ?
    frantic190 wrote: »
    Managed to get a double kill with a flashbang earlier on Operation Locker. Didn't even know it was possible to kill people with it?

It think it does 5hp at point blank, down to 1hp at 10m. Does a lot more if you get headshot by one from an m320 though :)

• Advertisement

Two interesting moments in a small 32-player game on Zavod last night, once at F and once at C, in both cases was up high - on the roof on C after shooting some snipers when an MBT rolled in beneath me to capture the point and on the tower at F looking for one who had dropped down behind me and legged it into the LAV that spawns at F to do the same thing. In both cases, had the SRAW but knew I'd be toasted if I fired because 20 damage versus a tank shell to the face is no contest. Threw down my three M2 SLAMS, missing the armour with all of them, but they were within 2-3m of the armour; then fired my SRAW at the SLAMS, detonating them and the combined blast damage killed the armour. Sweet :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Tanks - since moving from BF3 - it appears that the launchers tend to need 3 hits to take out a tank... Is this not a bit much? Am I using wrong launcher?

Damage depends on the launcher, the side of the tank you hit, and the angle at which you hit it. You ideally want a direct hit on the ass of the tank at a 90 degree angle, but even that won't give you much more than thirty-something damage (there's some variation there depending on the launcher, the RPG doing the most damage). There's a good series on youtube about the various different launchers on Time Itself's channel.

Generally, I find that you need 4-5 hits with launchers, depending on the angle you can get access to. I don't think I've ever managed to take down an MBT from full health with just three hits from any launcher, because even using the fastest reloading launcher (the SRAW) at point-blank range on the ass of the tank, you're not going to get off three shots before he swings the turret round and obliterates you; so you have to duck behind cover and find a new angle and by the time you can pop up and hit him again, he's autorepaired up a bit and now you need that fourth hit at least.

The trick with the SLAMs is about the best I've found so far and that's really just using the launcher for the coup de grace. Using the launcher alone as the sole tactic for taking on an MBT doesn't seem to be the fastest way to get it done.

Mind you, it's more fun to do it using SLAMs or C4 anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Don't forget that laser designating targets increases the damage of weapons that can lock on to them. I'm nearly certain the javelin is a two hit kill to a tank if used in conjunction with a handy recon teammate. Go teamwork !

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Don't forget that laser designating targets increases the damage of weapons that can lock on to them. I'm nearly certain the javelin is a two hit kill to a tank if used in conjunction with a handy recon teammate. Go teamwork !

Not in all cases and it's not quite so simple (though you're right about the Javelin). Laser designation means the LAW, Javelin or SRAW will execute a pop-up and attack the top of the tank (or boat or whatever) and there's a specific hitbox for that, but the damage is less than a direct hit to the back of the tank at a 90 degree angle by some launchers like the SRAW (because we're talking about hitboxes having multipliers and the launchers having the base damage figures, rather than hitboxes having specific damage figures). It's covered in one Time Itself's videos, I can't remember the numbers (I think it's something like 26 damage for top-down attack versus 36 for a hit to the back if you use a SRAW).

The laser designation does make a massive difference to the Javelin's damage though, doubling its damage; and it accelerates both the LAW and Javelin to nearly twice their usual speeds. I can't remember if the SRAW is accelerated or not. There's a few interesting threads about it in the Symthic forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

If you have a squad together, go recon with Socam/spawn beacon, support with MP-APS/Ammo Box and three Engineers with Javelins/Sraws on a map like Silk Road. Hilarious tbh, I hopped into a game with a squad of four doing it and joined them. The other team got **** on, not a single vehicle would enter the center. We even had a nice assault that kept dropping med boxes for us.

It's almost funny how utterly overpowering coordinated teamwork is as a weapon in this game.

Sparks wrote: »
    It's almost funny how utterly overpowering coordinated teamwork is as a weapon in this game.

If only there was more of it !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Was using the mortar again the other day. Normally when I use it I just hear a distant thump and get one or two kills.

Playing on Zavvod as the attacking team in rush, managed to push the defenders back to the buildings that have the hatches on the roof. Someone on my team spotted an enemy sniper near one of the buildings. Being the obliging nice guy, said I would help him out and shell the sniper. Instead of the distant thump I heard a huge explosion and was awarded six kills.

The only explanation I can think of is that they set up a minefield of some sort and that my mortar set them all off just as a squad passed by.

• Advertisement

Or the transport helo was up there and you hit that?

Advertisement