Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [Sunshine & Lollipops]

Options
  • 05-11-2013 2:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18

Haven't seen a thread like this yet even though I read through BF3's one regularly....so let's discuss our "only in Battlefield" moments. :)

On Transmission today, I managed to snipe two guys out of a flying chopper. Well chuffed with myself because I am by no means a sniper. :pac:

It was a situation where the two guys must have said "wow, that guy is a beast with the rifles". On my end, I was saying "wow, that's never going to happen again.....EVER". LOL

Completely jammy shots altogether. :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Counter knifed someone for the first time - completely by accident!!

In a firefight and turn around to an incoming knife. I nearly jumped out of my chair in fright hitting side mouse button in the process (melee) blocking the blow. "F' key returned the favour... Most satisfying...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Main cannon chopper kill never gets old.

Few of them this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

300m countersniper first-shot headshot. I think I ticked him off too from what he was typing in the chat window. Honestly, some folks should just uninstall BF4 and install notepad, they seem to prefer it... :)

The M32 GL I found it and I want it!!!!

Possibly the greatest FPS weapon ever, combined with destructbable enviroments and I was a god :D

Now how do i get one to keep?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Sniping in general its a joy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Kind of a funny moment from tonight - trapped in a building protecting the bomb carrier beside the final target in a game of Obliteration, getting seriously suppressed by an enemy helo. Lost count of the number of times squad members spawned in on us and not one of them bothered to equip some anti air.
    Eventually got fed up, suicided, respawned with an igla, killed the helo, got the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Two this week.

Was on with my brother in a conquest in rouge transmission. Spawned on him at objective A in a crazy firefight. Took out a chopper (double kill) shot another two soldiers and got stabbed in the back all in about 45 seconds. Wicked craic.

Parcel storm I was on a boat again with the bro when I was shot from the water. So I respawned on him, bailed from the boat, knifed the guy that shot me turned around and knifed another I didn't even know was there. Both times in the water. Climbed back on the boat and we both got rpg'd out of existence.

The total carnage that ensues in this game is just something else.

Got my 1st counter stab last night, its quality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

Parachuting in behind a building of 3 snipers, they were so involved with looking down their scope and thinking themselves untouchable that they never noticed me, even as I fired on them. Good times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

beno619 wrote: »
    Sniping in general its a joy. :)

The changes in general to the recon class are a joy; the return of the motion balls, the ability to use carbines and the C4 make it a great all-round class now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Parachuting down and killed a chopper with 3 shots from the grenade launcher while passing him on the way down - was a good one.

On the flipside, I jumped out of a chopper and the rotar blades killed me!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Had a good game going with Game4it on Flood zone map was going my usual pro BTR rampage :D. Server crashed.... **** that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Was playing on a pistols only server on operation locker, walked into a hallway to come under fire as 3 enemy are at the other end, I back out of the hallway, but instead of running back into the corner beside the entrance. The three guys all gave chase and I shot two of them headshots blank range while I knifed the third.

Satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

A support player actually dropped ammo when i asked for it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I counter knifed someone the first or second day, when I turned around coincidentallyjust as someone was about to stab me, I use the arrow keys and numpad to play, not wsad, so the F key was miles away - but it gives you a surprisingly amount of time, as I just frantically mashed the entire keypad and got it, though I opened up the console in the process. Haven't knifed anyone since I got the game, and haven't gotten an opportunity to counterknife either!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I had a game of 22kills 0 deaths. I am getting really damn good in BTR :D. Had 2 Buddies with me. One in turret, and one running around. I was Just rolling around killing stuff, driving off to safe spots for repairs and shouting out over vent stuff like: "We got customers at 9 o'clock!". Response to me after few seconds: " Enemy is down ".

Ah, good old BF. you have to play it in groups with friends and with mics.

I never played bf3 with a clan, but between 3 and 4 I joined a clan for a different game. But spent most of tonight playing with them over ts. Had some cracking games. highlight was unlocking the sraw and scoring 2 kills on an enemy attack chopper guiding by hand.

one of the kills being stupidly long range. I was on the building overlooking B (not the tallest) but the one with its back to the US spawn and the enemy attack chopper had flown back over it's spawn to repair itself and I actually guided the rocket from B to the US spawn and scored a double kill :D

Clever use of the boost packs levelled me up 4 times today.

Bit easy in fairness use 50% or 100% boost and play a round of Locker as Support. ammo box 190808080808008 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Love being killed by that aircraft carrier than shipwreaks. Also that conquest map where "D" is the train carriage that moves around the map is cool. The map with the dome/satellite reminds me of golden eye

• Advertisement

They updated the firing range to include all the pick up guns

Don't care that we lost that Shanghai round, I pulled off two kills on MBTs using the M2 mines up close and personal, shot down a helo using a SMAW unguided, and at the start of the round pulled off that cheeky thing where you pop the bollards up, then lay three c4 charges on the control, nip off to watch from safety, then when the tank driver stops and gets out to open the bollards, blow him and the tank to small bits before he can even drop the bollards (this one, which gave me the idea in the first place) :D:D:D

Some days this game's fun :D

Only the L96 left from the new guns to get, the others are very powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Just a quick gameplay clip from my 2nd night of BF4 on the PC. Taking me some time to get used to a mouse and keyboard again.

BTW. Nvidia Shadowplay works decent, playing on Ultra @ 1080p without any noticeable slowdown while recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Took down my first helo with a tank shell last night and got my first counter knife!

Ah, the joy that is pistol-only servers with high ticket counts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Sparks wrote: »
    Ah, the joy that is pistol-only servers with high ticket counts :)

Sounds awesome, where does one find such servers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Sparks wrote: »
    Don't care that we lost that Shanghai round, I pulled off two kills on MBTs using the M2 mines up close and personal, shot down a helo using a SMAW unguided, and at the start of the round pulled off that cheeky thing where you pop the bollards up, then lay three c4 charges on the control, nip off to watch from safety, then when the tank driver stops and gets out to open the bollards, blow him and the tank to small bits before he can even drop the bollards (this one, which gave me the idea in the first place) :D:D:D

Some days this game's fun :D

That was class! Lol that medic must have been pissed.

Sounds awesome, where does one find such servers?

I just stuck the word pistol into the search filter (and looked for 48 players or more and in europe so the pings wouldn't be horrid). Only found the one, but after three rounds I'd unlocked half the pistols, most of the attachments for the MP443 and P226 (no interest in the other pistols so far, I'm just trying to unlock the 93R and the compact 45 and level them up a bit; I'd do the shorty as well, but it's banned on that server). And I was averaging 50 ribbons a round in those servers and went through two promotions that evening and maxed out the support kit.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/845333ba-7e29-4c2c-9fd2-abd91a323c66/LEGO-PISTOL-ONLY-Fast-Spawn-48/

Note; they ban the shorty, any primary weapon, and grenades (knives are fine): use one to get a kill and you're killed yourself automatically; do it twice and you're kicked from the server. So you get used to hitting deploy, then 2 before the spawn blackout ends :D Also, playing as support's a good idea as you burn through pistol ammo fast in locker :D

But more than just the points grind, I was playing a damn sight better than normal - because it takes a few hits to kill you, you don't get so many instadeaths (but oh boy do you notice that headshot bug - one shot instead of two killing you is meh, but one shot instead of five or six is wth?!) and you get some proper shootouts - and yeah, two lines of players facing off is a fast grindfest normally, but when there's some cover and everyone's got pistols, a 20-v-20 faceoff is actually kindof awesome :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

use the QSZ-92 I think is it?
    It's a bloody beast of a pistol...very high stability so most shots are on target..

Advertisement